2007 Toyota Yaris 1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Brand New Yaris - First

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Review

Brand New Yaris - First Impressions
By OKJoe on

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We picked up our Yaris under a week ago so this is definitely a first impression, but I'll keep you updated. Although very small there is generous room inside and a surprising amount of rear leg room. Several people sat in the driver's seat and one 6'2 would have a difficult time driving the car. The center mounted speedometer took all of 10 minutes to adjust to. We put 240 miles on a trip this weekend, very little highway, and used half a tank of gas. Based on the tank size it calculates out to 42.2 MPG. Probably 40 mpg is more reasonable. Exterior is black metalflake - very nice paint. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage of course. Interior room. Aluminum wheels are nice. Seat upholstery very nice. Paint job was superb. Solid thud when closing doors.

Suggested Improvements

The cruise control is low on the steering wheel stem. I worry about hitting it with my knee when entering the vehicle. The radio is decent but a true audiophile would want to upgrade. Very few aftermarket accessories. I need a bug deflector!