2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: 96,000 miles in 16 months

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

96,000 miles in 16 months
By Yaris Fan on

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After putting 300k on my 2004 Matrix with only having to replace the catalitic converter I bought the Yaris as a gas saver. I had the car for 16 months, drove to from San Francisco Bay to Oregon and back, and Arizona and back with no problems. The car is more fun to drive than my Matrix and doesn't drive like an econo box. For MPG, I always averaged in the mid 30s and better when I drove like most people do. After more than 96,000 on the car in only 16 month I had no problems, but then decided to drive under a Dodge Durango. Car was totaled but I walked away without a scratch. As soon as I gey my insurance check I will be back for my third Toyota! Probably another Yaris!

Favorite Features

Best gas mileage on the market without buying a hybrid or a Smart car. Best ride of any sub-compact.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders. I thought they were great at first then I put a cup with ice in it. They are right in front of the vents even if you have the air conditioning on or the vent closed is still melts your ice. Don't even think of putting an aluminum can in it with the heater on!