2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Gas and money savers delight
By Lyle on 09/19/07 10:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle for people who want to have a solid commuter which does not cost them money. I do drive a lot on the highway and I also do drive the speed limits and accelerate at a modest rate, but any driver can achieve great fuel mileage on this car. After 5000 miles, I'm averaging over 44 MPG. I use the air conditioner whenever it's warm. The Yaris is made for economical driving and is not meant to substitute for a sporty car. For the price, you get a little more than you pay for if legendary Toyota reliability is present and I'll know that in a couple hundred thousand miles. I highly recommend this car for responsible people who keep a budget and are environmentally aware.

Perfect Car
By MD on 09/14/07 13:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car has excellent handling, performance, and gas mileage. I drive 40 miles to work one way. I had to find a car that was great on fuel and comfortable to sit in for 45 minutes.

Love the Yaris!
By Brittany on 09/13/07 16:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I got a brand new car with great gas mileage! It's a cute car. A lot of space. Tough little cookie. The gauges are easy to get used to. Don't be fooled. Awesome buy!

2007 Yaris 4-door Sedan
By KbJay on 09/06/07 09:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

A cute, basic car. I got it for the gas mileage, as I was looking for something comparable to my old Echo (poor thing was totalled last month). It's relatively inexpensive in comparison to its counterparts on the market. The interior design needs improvement here and there, but it drives smoothly.

Awesome!
By Allison on 09/03/07 19:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love love love my Yaris, it is my first brand new car, and the smartest decision I've made in a while. It's super fun to drive, super cheap to fill up at the pump. I love that people will stop and check it out when I'm out.

Great car
By dennis thompson on 09/03/07 10:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My Toyota Yaris has served me well. I use my Toyota Yaris to go to my mountain cabin and my desert cabin. One is seven thousand feet and the other is three thousand feet. This car allows me to be able to travel to both of these places economically. I get 40 plus miles per gallon on the high way and 30 plus in town. It also has plenty of power to get me up the hills.

Good Car, Could Use Improvements
By Aaron T on 09/02/07 16:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have S 4 door manual, blue. Added sun roof and leather seats - nice look! It gets me consistently 34-35 mpg. I do a lot of stop/go (driving in San Francisco) and also highway driving. The car looks awesome with the blue color, like a sports car. You can get nice torque with the stickshift but it's a very delicate stick and not easy to shift smoothly. I like the driving style, easy to handle, factory tires and breaks are good. The body quality is my main problem with it. I had a 2001 V6 Maxima before which had much higher quality interior and exterior, body was tough. Besides the cheap body, it's also very light. A big car accident would obliterate it, I think.

Design Flaw
By TBM on 08/28/07 16:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The placement of the a/c condenser, close to the ground, and very little protection from the grille can cause foreign objects to damage the condenser, especially small rocks. A very small rock penetrated through the grill and damaged the condenser causing a micro hole depressurizing the a/c system. The a/c no longer works. I took it to a Toyota dealer even though it is under warranty I still had to pay $80.00 for them to look at it because the damage was caused by an outside object and was not covered. The bill to repair it was $1200.00. Toyota should have put wire mesh in that area of the grille to protect the condenser. Positives are gas mileage and price, but you get what you pay for

Poor Gas Mileage
By RogerW on 08/24/07 16:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have been a Toyota customer since 1983 and most recently owned a 2000 Camry until it was totaled in an accident. I wanted another Toyota and was looking for better gas mileage than my 25 mpg Camry. I have 3,000 miles on it now and havn't gotten better than 28 mpg. I am so disappointed that I am thinking of getting rid of it and buying another Camry. My driving habits haven't changed and it only gets 3 mpg better than my bigger 2000 Camry. Not happy!!

Small but Unbelievable!
By zippyaris on 08/21/07 23:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Yaris has the looks and then some. For 106 hp, this car has pick up. I have gone 100 mph on it, and it feels very stable (except when there's a lot of wind the car feels like it's floating and not on the ground). Do not be scared to drive it on the highways. I have gone on multiple road trips with it and it is so much fun, especially driving through windy roads. I could not imagine driving any other car on highway 1 (of course except a Ferrari).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.