Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Great on Gas, Poor on Reliability
By mrack

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I average 32mpg in city per tank, 40mpg pure highway driving. Ample storage. Enough power to get you moving. Throttle response varies from 0.2 sec (noticeable, but on par with other DBW cars) to well OVER a second on warm days (omg what is wrong w/ my car). Variable means you can't adapt to it because it changes. This causes premature clutch wear because rev-matching for downshifts cannot be done reliably. Toyota will not warranty clutch repair no matter how few miles. Mine is still holding on, but it has developed a shudder at 20k miles... it's just a matter of time. No tach available on the manual hatchback. I'm on my 3rd factory MP3 stereo.

Turning radius is the best I've ever experienced, ample storage, gas mileage, price.

Fix the throttle issues, tachometer on all manuals (especially if throttle response isn't fixed), telescopic steering wheel would help driving position/comfort.

Two happy years of driving
By "S"

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Above all other niceties the mpg- factor is tops by far. After six round trips from Florida to NJ and one 4,500- mile trip to NE, the average highway mph is much better than advertised: 44 mph on mostly interstate driving, using regular (10% ethane) 85 octane gasoline, air conditioning on constantly. Local efficiency is steady at 33/34 mpg. Long distance driving is comfortable, surprisingly large baggage room. However, the center mounted instrument panel is irritating now as is was the first day I drove this otherwise wonderful little car!

Toyota engineers: move the instrument panel back behind the steering wheel - in direct line of sight!!!

We now have three, this was our first
By Page

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little car. We get 39mpg with this one. Very roomy interior, more so than the Corolla we traded in. No problems encountered, has enough power accessories too and the ipod plug to keep the teenagers happy with the car. Can't find anything wrong, priced right for quality!

Great storage space, cup holders, ipod/MP player connection was the only one we could find in 2007, Toyota is ahead of the game.

The center speedometer takes getting used to...

A great buy
By Alley123

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! Had it for over 2 years with no troubles. Routine oil changes are only required every 5000 miles instead of the usual 3000. My tires will need replacing soon (currently have 37000 miles on them.) I love that it's a small car, yet the seats feel more like that of a van in that you sit straight up instead of the laid back/stretched out position of many cars. And I haven't found anything that doesn't fit in the back when the seat is folded down. The back seat is very roomy for a two-door car. You don't hit your head on the ceiling and enough leg room for an average person. Great gas mileage, although I've never gotten what other people have reported (I get 33-36 mpg).

Comfortable seat positions, great mpg, awesome storage capacity, great buying price, I can park anywhere! 7 cup holders and 3 glove compartments.

Hmmm. Someplace to put a garbage can other than the passenger side floor.

Don't Have a Fender Bender!
By Broken hearted

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I rear-ended another vehicle that left a dent on their bumper and did $3500 damage to my Yaris! Why so fragile? And the airbag didn't even go off. I love the car. I put the back seat down and use the hatchback/space like it's a pickup truck for building and garden supplies, etc. It's amazing what you can get in that little car. My manual transmission and reasonable driving practices result in >40 mpg IN TOWN! I love this car, I just wish it weren't so fragile.

Seven (7) cupholders! Yay! Roomy back seat. Great handling. Cute and gets lots of questions/comments from others.

Hold up better in a slight collision.