Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 399 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Frill Free, But Utterly Dependable.
By Arkahoma

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We were interested only in dependability and economy, this car met all expectations, and more. Has surprising zip and a turning radius so tight we almost forgot how to make 3-pt-turns. We regularly go on rough dirt roads to hiking spots, but still zero problems after 40,000+ mls. Fuel economy is as advertised. With our rough driving, we get 28-30mpg city and 34-36mpg hwy. But when we try to drive for fuel economy we get 42mpg hwy. First, we hated the center-mounted display, but now we love it, and hate normal cars where the steering wheel can block displays. This is not a Prius - its an economy car! It's noisy, has firm seats, and power windows are optional for us cost conscience buyers.

Fuel Economy; Center-Mounted Display; Tight Turning Radius; Stereo System; Abundant Storage Compartments and Cupholders; Adequate Acceleration; Large Trunk Space when Back Seat is Down; Adequate Leg Room (I'm 6'2").

It's noisy at high speed, but fixing it would drive up price and cost fuel economy. The two main cupholders in front of the vents can make annoying rattling if left open without a full drink, but are quiet when closed. It'd be nice if adjustable steering column could go one inch lower.

Awsome Car
By Old Man

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 Yaris Hatchback and never had any problems with this car. I've owned about 13 cars now... some new and some used...I'm only 28 but I love cars. Drove VW's all my life but had too many problems. Needed a new car and tried the yaris. I love this car...it looks cool ..drives great (I get about 35-42 mpgs) how can you beat that. it's simple and clean...even though the windows are manual and locks.. they'll never break!.. you get used to the speed of it..it's slow but fun to drive. No tachometer.. but if you know how to drive .. you never look at the tach anyways..I recommend the car in white makes it look pricier...it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. I give it an 8/10.

Style (very euro/Asian influence) color (Toyota White is very cool) interior (simple and clean) great gas mileage (35-to 42 for me) low maintenance (oil change filter.. the usual) the name Toyota attached to the car price (can't beat it) fun to drive.

Wider tires from factory for base model maybe an engine horsepower upgrade.. Not much though. Have a tach option for people who might need one.

Long Term Review
By CJH

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned the Yaris since it first came out in July of 2006. Mechanically speaking, this car has been perfect. Never had a problem with 45k miles on it. That being said, this car has serious faults in other aspects. 1) The interior quality is abysmal. I've had a dash rattle for 3 years now that 3 dealerships have been unable to fix. My window roller broke within 3 months, and the trunk has had issues with sounds and closing. 2) This car failed me in the snow, spinning out and nearly getting seriously wrecked. 3) Over time you feel claustrophobic in here. 4) Jumpy acceleration is unpredictable from a stop, sometimes hurting my neck, or almost hitting other cars. 5) Serious lack of power.

Mechanically this thing is perfect, so you don't waste time/money on maintenance. If you are driving on level pavement, power is adequate.

Better quality interior build, fix the crazy acceleration, how about power windows and door locks on the S model, what the heck did I pay extra for? Stability control would have been useful.

Exactly what I wanted
By Eric

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really appreciate the maneuverability of this car. (It's great for parking.) It's fun on curves and stable on the highway. I haven't had any bad experiences with wind gusts, etc. It's not a sports car, and I'm fine with that. The reliability and economic fuel consumption are what I was after. I couldn't be happier.

On the two-door hatchback the doors are large, which makes for easy ingress and egress. The center-mounted display is not big deal and makes room for another glove box. You sit higher that in most two-doors, so your visibility is better.

A tachometer. (I believe newer models have them.) Other than that, I can't think of any. This is a marvelous car, and an excellent value. It all boils down to what you're looking for.

One of the best cars I've ever owned!!
By Gaki

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my '07 Yaris for just over 3 years now and I must say it has to be one of the best cars I've owned!! Not only does it get around 27 mpg around town, but the maintenance costs are very small. The only maintenance I put in were oil changes, new set of tires at 40k, new air filter, and new front window blades in order to pass last inspection. So far, the car hasn't given me any problems and is truly fun to drive. It has enough pick-up and handles well in all weather conditions. I highly recommend this vehicle if you are on a budget like I am. I feel that the Toyota Yaris is perfect given what I paid for it!

I fell in love with the MP3 aux input and the positioning of the cup holders. That by itself is the tipping point of what sells a car!!