2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Fun Car to Have.
By Daniel on 01/18/08 12:27 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Yaris. It has all the equipment I wanted in a new car, gets great gas mileage, it's a blast to drive and it's a freakin Toyota so I can rely on it for years and years to come. At first I was skeptical of the Yaris and never thought that I would own one. I kept thinking that I could never go back to a little car, especially coming out of a '95 Olds. sedan. But the more I complained about the gas mileage my tank of a car was getting, the more appealing the Yaris became. Not to mention the price point is just as attractive as the styling.

Yaris Sedan - A great car!
By Jeff on 12/18/07 13:29 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle for the price! Great commuter car! MPG is in the mid 30s in Dallas traffic. The center instrument cluster is easy to get used to, and easy to read. The steering handles very well, and the car reacts quickly when needed, but initially takes getting used to. Braking is good, but clutch can be a little stiff in stop-go traffic. It rides very well, if somewhat noisy. Lots of room for such a small car, including great head clearance both front and back, and good trunk space. Sits high, which makes entry and exit easy, and gives the feel of a larger car. This car was an excellent buy; thank you Toyota!

What you see.....
By kevink on 12/16/07 10:14 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Yaris is exactly what you see is what you get. The power is impressive for a 1.5L 4 cyl and trans is smooth shifting. I average 33.7 mpg; coming from a Tundra V8, I can't complain. Seats are a little tight for my middle aged expanding backside, but this car is aimed at the skinny youthful set. Center mounted instrument pod stinks!

BEST SUBCOMPACT PERIOD.
By scottytoohotty on 12/10/07 11:55 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased 2 Yarises. I knew better from previously owning Toyotas that the Yaris would at least be reliable and fuel efficient, and to my surprise, refined (for a $15k car!) I've owned them for 6 months and so far no problems. Overall I'm extremely satisfied with my purchases.

somewhat disappointed
By dan on 12/08/07 05:33 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Since i purchased my 2007 Yaris in August i immediately fell in love with the gas mileage, average of 35 city and as much as 48 hwy. But i found that on option was unavaible for a keyless remote which i really miss. The 12v outlet in the console needs to be redesigned because the cover will not stay closed. I also found that you cannot roll the windows down in the rear without getting a head splitting noise. When you are used to riding with the rear windows down when it is not hot enough for the air conditioner this is a disappointment. I am a large guy and the interior room is great, seats are good and good leg room.

Lowered Expectations
By Kirk Ryerson on 11/25/07 20:22 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I researched about 15 cars in this segment. The only thing that motivated me to purchase the Yaris was the promise of no scheduled maintenance for the first 120,000 miles. That was the deciding factor. EPA ratings are off, I average low 30s in town and mid 30s on the highway. The brakes are terrible. It struggles to take turns. The electric steering (at highway speeds) is frightening. My S didn't even come with a remote key fob. Be careful driving the S on a windy day.

OK car, but good value
By TommyG on 11/06/07 06:48 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is priced reasonably, so you can't put too high of expectations on it. Its engine power is adequate, though not impressive. Road noise is quite high. So is the engine noise. It seems to be well-built, though we had a plastic engine compartment cover fall off of the bottom of the vehicle a few months after we got it. The snow level was fairly high, and since the car sits low, the snow probably pulled it off. I'd consider it a design flaw. The Toyota technician said it was a common problem, but refused to replace it under warranty. The MPG isn't what it was originally rated. We have managed to get 40 mpg, but usually get about 30 (some highway, some city)

Hmm
By noway on 10/30/07 10:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall it's nice that it gets great gas mileage and is a smooth drive. However, the body is not safe in an accident. At 3 mph I hit a truck and my car was very badly messed up (from hitting something at 3 MPH!!). I don't think this is a very safe car.

I Love my Yaris!!
By Tina G on 10/29/07 15:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am having a great time adjusting from my Grand Caravan to my Yaris. The gas savings have been awesome with milage averaging 39-41 MPG with a mix of stop and go and highway driving. It is comfortable, handles great and is pure joy!!

Extremely satisfied
By Kumar on 10/28/07 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market for about 3 months to buy a second car. Researched almost everything! Finally decided on Yaris and now feels great about my decision. Inside space is too good for a subcompact car. Handling is super.