2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Awesome little car!
By Sean on 09/30/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research on this car before buying, and love it! It is fun to drive around, cheap on gas, and with Toyota's name, I'm sure it will be very reliable. I get compliments on it everywhere I go.

So Happy I Bought This Car!
By Toni on 09/30/07 03:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Initially, I looked at the '05-'07 Toyota Corollas, but once I test drove the Yaris, I was impressed by the sporty and comfortable driving experience. In my search for this car, I read posts from other owners, and now I am happy to add my very favorable opinion on this car. The purchase of this car is one of my best spending decisions, and likely to be yours once you decide on the model (sport/standard), color and transmission (auto/manual). Overall, it was the multiple tests drives of this car that convinced me to buy a new Yaris instead of the used Corolla.

Love it!
By Jess on 09/27/07 03:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had mine for 6 months, and it's a great car. Easy to drive, and sits high enough in the interior so I don't feel like I'm driving a small car. I've taken it on one long distance trip, and it was very comfortable for 4 people. I'm averaging about 33 MPG commuting in the city. Lots of fun to drive, and parking is a breeze. People constantly stop to check it out, and I've been surprised at the amount of cargo it can hold with the fold-down seats. I traded in my Camry for the Yaris, and don't regret it for a second. It's simply a fun little car!

Best sub-compact car on the market
By Joan on 09/20/07 12:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We love our Yaris! It consistently gets between 37-42 mpg. It is comfortable on long trips and has plenty of zip going up and down hills and for passing. Both of us are tall and have plenty of space inside with the automatic transmission. Back-seat passengers are surprised with the comfort and leg room. With the hatchback, we're able to carry large items with no difficulty. Our Yaris is our favorite all-time car!

Well worth the investment
By Kevin Sheldrick on 09/04/07 16:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Yaris hatchback in April 07. Have put 7500 miles on it already. Have had four people in it comfortably. Love it. My wife cannot wait for the Toyota Ractis, a very similar car to the Yaris, to be offered in the U.S.

Mini Yota
By cgh on 08/13/07 17:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I like small cars and a hatchback is my favorite body style. Having done some online research and discovering that this vehicle had the same drive train as the Scion xA and xB and the same engine as the Prius, I was intrigued. I hunted one down online that was totally devoid of the overpriced options. Having previously owned a Geo Metro I was a bit apprehensive about the acceleration and hill climbing ability of an ultra high mileage car. I took it for a test drive and was I ever surprised! It accelerated and handled like a small sports car, while at the same time having an interior that was roomy with comfortable seats. It was a frugal sports car lovers dream. I bought it the next day.

I love my Ladybug
By Manuela Inman on 07/26/07 19:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I went to Germany to visit some relatives and they had a Yaris. I fell in love with it over there. When it came out over here I just had to have one. I love that it is roomy, and easy to handle. You can get in just about any parking space. It is very fuel efficient and good looking. People even stop and look.

The Satisficer
By Mike on 07/16/07 02:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

First, let's be clear. I'm a satisficer, not a maximizer. All cars are compromises, and this is expecially true at the lower end of the price spectrum. I'm 6'2" and, ahem, let's just say over 300 pounds at the present time. I can get in and out of this car with no problem. It runs like a charm, turns on a dime, the steering and braking are silky smooth and I've still got a quarter of a tank left with the odometer at 325+ miles, so I'm heading for 40+ mpg on the first tank. Yes, the seats could be better, maybe Toyota will fix them, maybe not. The cup holders are neat - you can send the air around them - or use the AC to cool your drink. Nothing's perfect, but the Yaris is awfully good.

Good choice
By dericy on 07/08/07 14:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was what I was looking for. Good looks, good mileage, Toyota is its name. The 1989 Civic hatchback almost made it to 300k and you will certainly hear about it if this doesn't. I got a great basic car. No radio, 14" wheels, roll up windows, exactly like I am used to. I threw in an aftermarket Pioneer 6900ub with direct usb link to the iPod and I have a great commuter, even for those times when I have to sit in Seattle area traffic.

I love my Yaris too!
By Andy K. on 07/08/07 11:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Yaris Liftback is the first car I've owned (5th total) that I truly LOVE. It looks small, compact, and stylin' from the outside, yet it's literally HUGE on the inside. None of my passengers can believe how much room there is until they've sat in it. The steering is silky smooth and responsive, the engine is surprisingly good for something quite small, and the interior design is amazing. Toyota did an amazing job with this design. It's main use for me is city life/city driving (5 people fit no problem), but we've also taken it on road trips and it's been very nice (for 2 people) as the back seat folds down for a ton of added trunk space. I've been getting almost 40 mpg on the highway. A+ !

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.