2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Great Little Car
By Steve on 09/23/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new in May, 2006. I have received mixed reviews from friends and family regarding the looks and size of the car, but my intention was to purchase a car that was good on gas with the reliability of a Toyota. I average approximately 36 miles per gallon, mostly freeway with some in town. I am 6 feet tall and have plenty of leg and head room. Anyone sitting behind me is cramped. My complaint, is the positioning of the steering wheel. Because I have to have the seat all the way back, the steering wheel is too far away and I find myself constantly shifting steering hands because of the discomfort. Would be nice if the wheel telescoped. Truly annoying!

Great automocar
By Jim on 09/17/08 03:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Yaris when I retired and I'm getting 40.7 mpg without fail. I've checked it 3 times now and every time it comes out the exact same on the same 230 mile trip. With the fuel tank at 13 gal plus I can get over 400 miles per tank of regular gas. I LOVE IT!

I love my Yaris!!!
By Monika on 09/15/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Yaris 2 years ago, I was probably one of the first customers. Everyone kept asking me questions about my car, people rolled their windows to ask me about my car. And after 2 years I have not had a problem, in fact I love it more, as it is reliable and very comfortable! I drive about 90 miles per day, and school at least 2 times a week, so as you can see I spend a lot of time in my car! I definitively recommend this car for everyone! it is known as the "green car" in Europe. In our last trip I was very pleased to see my car in every corner at least 5 different countries in Europe! Honestly, I can not wait for the 09 as my husband is getting one, good bye trucks! I really love it!

Love the car
By yaris fan on 09/05/08 16:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a new Yaris 4 door auto sedan and love it. I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra but the gas mileage was not that great. I wanted a car for a commute to work and found it to be fun to drive. Now I do not want to drive the Tundra any more than I have to as I get almost 3 times the mileage with the Yaris. I have not had any trouble with the car and it runs great.

2002 Toyota Yaris Sedan
By Phillip on 09/05/08 09:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I originally owned the Toyota Echo, which was truly the best car I ever owned. But I was hit by a red light runner and the car was totaled, I as well as the police and wrecker driver were amazed at the interior compartment, it had no damage at all but the front of the car was completely destroyed. So after that experience with the Echo , I went out and bought the new replacement for the Echo , which was a 2007 Yaris Sedan. The car is basic , because it was bought for my long 94 mile commute to work, but the car has quickly become my wifes favorite car, she always leaves behind her 7 passenger fully loaded SUV to drive my basic 5-speed Yaris, which she absolutely love. We love this car !

Great Milage Vehicle
By Tommy on 09/03/08 06:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have been driving my 2007 Yaris for 2 years. I bought the vehicle for mileage and I get 38 to 40 MPG without an exception. I drive 50 miles round trip daily. I will soon be driving 90 miles a day round trip and look forward to the gas mileage and savings. I have actually gotten 42 MPG on road trips. I bought this vehicle after my stepson purchased his Yaris. I was told it would take 4 weeks to get the vehicle, but the dealer had one in 3 days. I think this is a great car for commuting, but I will take my F250 truck when I am going on a long trip.

Worth it!
By gotta luv it on 09/01/08 19:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Surprisingly roomy inside. Fits a 6'1" 365 lb. person. Love the gas mileage. We drive it everywhere. So much fun to drive too. Doesn't do bad in the winter either. The only thing is there is road noise. But, it is an economical car not a full size one. We love it. We would definitely recommend it.

Liftback Lover
By No Regrets on 08/28/08 18:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Yaris liftback about 2 years ago, and it's the first car that never gave me buyer's remorse. I've owned luxury cars, 4x4s, station wagons, sedans, and sports cars. Every one of them forced me to compromise. I'm in a band, and I can fit a Marshall half-stack, 2 JBL monitor cabs, 4 guitars, a bag of cords, a change of clothes, and my girlfriend in my Yaris. Usually, five can ride comfortably. It's so good on gas, I sometimes forget which side the gas cap's on. This car is the perfect blend of economy, utility, and style. Complete strangers are so fascinated by it, they strike up conversations with me in parking lots. With rising fuel costs, this car is the way to go.

I love this car!
By Marian on 08/26/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2007 Yaris for a year, and I love it. My drive to work is 65 miles round trip per day, so I really needed a fuel efficient car, and this is the perfect fit! Initially I was drawn to the car because it was cute and small and reminded me of the SmartCar, however I was pleasantly surprised by all of the perks! I've been stopped on multiple occasions by strangers intrigued by the car & can do nothing but brag about it. The backseat leg room is unbelievable, the amount of storage (including all 3 glove boxes) is amazing, & the gas mileage is wonderful. My only complaint is how sensitive the car is to wind on the highway. I love the car!

"Love my Yaris"
By josie on 08/24/08 00:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Yaris, I'm hoping a 2009 or 2010 is coming out, because I would like to get another one.The front seats needs more padding, because on long drives it gets uncomfortable. I love the power it has to get out in traffic, and the gas mileage. It is sporty and peppy i have had people to stop and ask me about my Yaris. I also like that it holds its value very well. I traded my Echo to this Yaris. I liked the Echo's placement of the speedometer better where it was turn towards the driver, but I do love it in the center of the dash instead over the steering column. I'm short, so I've always had trouble trying to see the road because of speedometer being over the steering column.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.