Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Exactly what I wanted
By Eric

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really appreciate the maneuverability of this car. (It's great for parking.) It's fun on curves and stable on the highway. I haven't had any bad experiences with wind gusts, etc. It's not a sports car, and I'm fine with that. The reliability and economic fuel consumption are what I was after. I couldn't be happier.

Favorite Features

On the two-door hatchback the doors are large, which makes for easy ingress and egress. The center-mounted display is not big deal and makes room for another glove box. You sit higher that in most two-doors, so your visibility is better.

Suggested Improvements

A tachometer. (I believe newer models have them.) Other than that, I can't think of any. This is a marvelous car, and an excellent value. It all boils down to what you're looking for.

One of the best cars I've ever owned!!
By Gaki

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my '07 Yaris for just over 3 years now and I must say it has to be one of the best cars I've owned!! Not only does it get around 27 mpg around town, but the maintenance costs are very small. The only maintenance I put in were oil changes, new set of tires at 40k, new air filter, and new front window blades in order to pass last inspection. So far, the car hasn't given me any problems and is truly fun to drive. It has enough pick-up and handles well in all weather conditions. I highly recommend this vehicle if you are on a budget like I am. I feel that the Toyota Yaris is perfect given what I paid for it!

Favorite Features

I fell in love with the MP3 aux input and the positioning of the cup holders. That by itself is the tipping point of what sells a car!!

Baby blue
By hot in arizona

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Brought it used in June. My grandkids were with me and we named it Baby Blue. It's a great little car. Went on a 1300 mile trip to California. Baby blue performed great. Went up mountains with no trouble; A/C was great. Seats are very comfortable. It drives like a bigger car. Lots of room for luggage. The radio was best of all the small cars I have owned.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Cruise control and cute looks. Like center mounted gauges.

Suggested Improvements

Oil and temperature gauges would be nice.

Great on Gas, Poor on Reliability
By mrack

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I average 32mpg in city per tank, 40mpg pure highway driving. Ample storage. Enough power to get you moving. Throttle response varies from 0.2 sec (noticeable, but on par with other DBW cars) to well OVER a second on warm days (omg what is wrong w/ my car). Variable means you can't adapt to it because it changes. This causes premature clutch wear because rev-matching for downshifts cannot be done reliably. Toyota will not warranty clutch repair no matter how few miles. Mine is still holding on, but it has developed a shudder at 20k miles... it's just a matter of time. No tach available on the manual hatchback. I'm on my 3rd factory MP3 stereo.

Favorite Features

Turning radius is the best I've ever experienced, ample storage, gas mileage, price.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the throttle issues, tachometer on all manuals (especially if throttle response isn't fixed), telescopic steering wheel would help driving position/comfort.

Two happy years of driving
By "S"

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Above all other niceties the mpg- factor is tops by far. After six round trips from Florida to NJ and one 4,500- mile trip to NE, the average highway mph is much better than advertised: 44 mph on mostly interstate driving, using regular (10% ethane) 85 octane gasoline, air conditioning on constantly. Local efficiency is steady at 33/34 mpg. Long distance driving is comfortable, surprisingly large baggage room. However, the center mounted instrument panel is irritating now as is was the first day I drove this otherwise wonderful little car!

Suggested Improvements

Toyota engineers: move the instrument panel back behind the steering wheel - in direct line of sight!!!