2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Perfect College Car
By Jess on 04/13/08 12:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the perfect car for college students. It is reliable, low maintenance, affordable and has great gas mileage. I'm currently a student in college who lives four hours away from home, and I find this car to be very reliable.

Do your research first!
By Moose on 04/13/08 09:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a very long commute to work, and my truck's gas mileage was killing my wallet. I purchased the Yaris for Toyota reliability and the advertised fuel mileage. I got both - what I also got was an extremely uncomfortable, unsafe car. The ten minute test drive will not show just how uncomfortable the vehicle is, especially for taller individuals. Rent one first for an extended drive to make sure you "fit." Also, look at independent safety tests - the tests for the Yaris without side airbags are scary. The ride at highway speeds is extremely unstable and the vehicle is very quick to skid when braking in the rain. If safety is a concern, DO NOT BUY THE YARIS.

Beware of inherent problems
By Lonnie Thibodeaux on 03/31/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Only fairly fun to drive. Dissatisfied with the way it is affected by slight wind which destabilizes the car. The steering wheel is to short and the car reguires constant redirection to maintain a straight path. As an owner of a Yaris, I would not recommend it.

Overall fantastic traveling vehicle
By mary ann on 03/22/08 23:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Handles very well, quiet engine.

Faulty seatbelts in Yaris 2007
By Elaine on 03/21/08 17:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have been loyal Toyota person. Can't wait to get rid of this one. Had accident with frontal impact. Seatbelts did not engage. Toyota gave us the run around. Cannot continue to buy from a mfgr that will not stand behind it's product. Also have a moisture leak in the interior. Dealer has been unable to find it after 3 visits. Airbags also did not go off on impact. Police gave us an affidavit regarding defective seatbelts. I don't sue people but Toyota should be ashamed! I hope any Yaris owner will have their seatbelts checked!! It could save your life!

Great Little Everyday Car
By testguy on 03/08/08 08:38 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for almost two years now and I have been throughly impressed with it. It was my first new car and it has held up extremely well, minus a small ding (my own fault), when it is cleaned it looks like it did the day I drove it home. The interior is much larger than you would think (I'm 285 and have plenty of room, and my best friend is 365 and we fit with no issue). The only thing I have replaced so far have been the wipers.

Very happy with the Yaris
By CHCkid on 03/02/08 17:17 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Yaris a year ago after my '97 Monte Carlo broke down and decided it wasn't worth fixing. The Yaris is rather comfortable and is very easy to maneuver. It looks really small on the outside but it's actually roomy on the inside. I drive at least 30 miles a day to and from school and the gas mileage is incredible and the comfort of the seats are great. The Yaris does not perform well during wintery and icy conditions. The car heats up relatively quick during winter months.

Silverado to Yaris
By JP on 02/06/08 19:41 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Yaris as a commuter car. I drive over 60 miles a day and was driving a full size Chevy Silverado truck. The fuel savings over the past year and a half have been over $2000. I can get over 40MPG on the highway if I drive at 60MPH. The interior is well designed and comfortable to drive. Turning radius is awesome. MP3 jack is a great feature. The trunk also has tons of room. The car is fun to drive and quite stylish for under $15K. No need to shop around just go out and buy one.

This car deserves a second look!
By Bob on 02/04/08 15:12 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I mainly chose the Toyota Yaris for the fuel economy. I have averaged almost 60mpg on highway runs, and about 40mpg around town (much better than my other car)! The seating is comfortable and the interior is easy to keep clean (charcoal gray). It handles beautifully at higher speeds, even around corners! The newly redesigned headlight assembly allow great light dispersion, for improved visibility, especially if you add the Sylvania Ulta Star headlamps! Most oncoming traffic think I am running my high beams, yet I am not! The fuel tank capacity is 11.1 gallons, and I can squeeze 600 miles out of it! If you try it, you will buy it! Really deserves a second look!

Team Yaris
By Britty06 on 01/20/08 17:10 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Yaris Sport sedan is an excellent car! This is my first car, and I'm so happy with it. It drives great, and has great MPG also. And plus its very cute. The seats are very comfortable, people are always surprised on how much room there is in this car. Im so happy with my purchase. Thanks Toyota for making a great car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.