2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Absolutely Fabulous
By Robert on 01/11/08 04:34 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! I am a very frugal (okay, cheap) shopper who goes over everything with a fine tooth comb. This car is great. I owned a Geo Metro for 5 years and considered an Aveo. The Yaris is the best of the three with the most power performance, the most room, and the best at making me smile when I drive. IF I get rid of it before I retire, I'll looking to get another!

No Worries Mate
By ToyotaDownUnder on 01/04/08 23:58 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was asked to look for a reliable car for my wife and found the much loved Yaris. We have the four-door hatch here in Sydney, Australia and it's heaps user friendly. It's modded with Toyota's bigger wheels and low profile tires which help the handling.The gas mileage is exceptional especially in Sydney traffic. It has all the pep you need for an engine of that size. Off in the bush however, it needs more torque. Trunk space is good and the back seat is roomy enough for two taller set people due to the lack of the drive shaft hump on the back floor. The experience has been enjoyable and we've had no dramas in Toyota country.

My Little Go Cart
By Estes on 01/04/08 17:30 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have not owned it for long but being 6'3" and 255 lbs I am having a blast with this car. Everyone I know is used to me being in an F-250 or larger vehicle so I am getting used to being laughed at. With the mileage I am getting, which is on average 45 mpg, I use 1 gal per day round trip to work and home . Several co-workers have purchased one of their own. Now who is laughing? That's all I'm going to say about that!

Amazing
By Casey on 12/19/07 16:58 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is just amazing. That's all there is too it. It has the pep that I wanted along with the style. Rush hour? No problem! This car can squeeze into little spaces. It also handles well on winding roads. I also have take this car off road on a 4-wheel trail in the woods somewhere in Illinois, it got muddied up and performed well. The engine has a lot of kick to it! If you want a cheap new car that is reliable, this is it! Plus the gas mileage! I get around 36 city and 42 highway. I just love the look on people's faces when a little 4-cyl zips by them. You would never expect so much spirit from such a little car. It is really worth the price!

My Wonderful Car
By woele on 12/18/07 20:31 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I went for the 2 door hatchback, manual, convenience package only. I was looking for a cheap, brand new car, and I got more than I ever thought I would. Being the most basic package, there's not a whole lot of extra safety features, but I almost feel like I don't need them. Handling is excellent; it is as responsive as I figured for a 106 hp engine. The interior doesn't feel cheap and I enjoy all of the extra compartments. Everyone who has gotten in it for the first time is amazed at how much room there really is. Everything I brought down with me for school fit in the Yaris (bed, desks, a bike, shelves, etc). Highly recommended for someone looking for a new, cheap car that's great to drive.

Baby Yaris
By barkpr on 11/28/07 14:46 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car about a year now and the love affair continues. Got the 2 door hatchback. I still cannot believe that Toyota could put this style, comfort and reliability together at this price range. Every day it's vroom when I start the engine, I actually feel like I am driving a much bigger car or even an suv when I am behind the wheel, great visibility and have been averaging about 38 miles per gallon. It is peppy as hell and my wife says it is cute. Highly recommend to all who want great dependability, great gas mileage and "cute" style at a great price.

The Opinion
By Howard's Yaris on 11/09/07 04:58 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome ride for a small car. Comfort is quite nice. It did take some time to get used to the controls being in the center of console. The mileage is second to none... 30s in the city and near 40 mpg on the highway. For the price, it is an awesome buy.

charlielisha's Yaris
By charlielisha on 10/29/07 17:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car! Very fun to drive. We used to drive a Chevy Aveo, since I test drove a Yaris I traded in the Aveo right away. The Yaris is more stable, quiet, more hp and very fun to drive. The best is its fuel efficiency (40MPG).

Great for the money
By kevin sheldrick on 10/10/07 12:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent small car for back and forth to work and on trips . Great on gas. I get a lot of ribbing from co-workers but laugh all the way past the gas stations.

Awesome little car!
By Sean on 09/30/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research on this car before buying, and love it! It is fun to drive around, cheap on gas, and with Toyota's name, I'm sure it will be very reliable. I get compliments on it everywhere I go.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.