2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Dances in the Wind
By yara on 01/23/09 08:18 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Loved my Yaris. Cute, small, easy to park anywhere, and easy to drive. Fit a very tall family of four fine. Only problem was that it got blown all over the road when it was windy. Not a problem in places with little wind, but here, especially in snow or ice with wind, it was a problem. It was totaled this weekend (hit in the front driver side tire at about 30 mph), but I (the driver) was not injured.

little fuel sipper
By bigdoglover on 01/19/09 10:08 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Yaris for about a year and a half now and she is comfy and sure sips the fuel. I average about 33 mpg in the winter and about 38 mpg in the summer. I love the cupholders in my little car! I have my backseat down all of the time and my lab jumps right in for her rides. Wish it was more comfy for long trips though.

Stylish, Reliable, Good Mpg, Bad on Snow
By Jill on 01/06/09 22:40 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car except the lack of power and maneuverability on snow - it likes to slip, slide, and get stuck in a couple inches of snow pretty easily (I live in Wisconsin). In non-snow and non-icy conditions, it drives smoothly and has plenty of pep for the size. I love the way it looks inside and out. It is roomier than it would appear from the outside. The cupholders are extremely handy - better placed than any other car I have owned. Best of all, I get excellent gas mileage - overall I get around 34-35 mpg, but on a long all-highway trip I am able to get 38. That's hard to beat with a non-hybrid - and this car is comfortable! I would highly recommend this vehicle overall!

By Jeff on 01/04/09 09:07 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought my Yaris in 2006, I posted a quick review. I wanted to follow after 2.25 years and 40k miles. I commute 36 miles one way to work in often heavy traffic. The Yaris is great for this. It stops quickly, and starts quickly. For maintenance, so far I have changed the oil and air filters and replaced the front tires. If I keep my speed around 60 (the speed limit, btw), I get over 40 mpg; real nice when gas was $4 per gallon. When we go to lunch, my colleagues like to pile in just to ride in it. I still love the car and highly recommend it.

Love - Hate relationship
By love/haterealtionshp on 12/29/08 08:08 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Yaris for a little over a year and a half. Amazing gas mileage one of the things I love, it's got quite a lot of oomph when you want it. I think it's probably best as a tuner car. I don't recommend it as a family sedan though, unless you have snow tires on it, it slides everywhere in the winter, the car's too light for decent winter driving. Also I'm expecting and am very afraid to put my child in the car, I've seen them get totaled at 15 mph. As much as I do love this little car, I hate it at the same time, wish it was safer. As it stands with a little one on the way I'm searching for something else. It'll make me sad to see it go, but I gotta do what's best for my family.

2007 Toyota Yaris Reliable & Efficient
By Eric on 12/20/08 16:58 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car new, our first car, when we just got married. The car has served us well. We have not had one single issue with the car in 42,000 miles. Have not even had to replace the brakes. This car returns mpg numbers up to 39 on the highway, 36 in mixed driving, 34 city in warm weather. In the winter, we avg 33 mixed. The interior design and quality are good, but the seating position front and rear are very upright, which on trips an hour or more becomes quite apparent. It is also very narrow inside. Automatic transmission has been flawless. This car basically needs no major maintenance til 100,000 miles, not even spark plugs or tranny fluid change. A great first car.

Excelent Car
By Cesar on 12/13/08 09:06 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I took the car to Las Vegas and San Diego almost brand new; the car gave around 43 miles per gallon going 65 MPG average. It is very comfortable considering the size of the car. My wife uses the car to daily commute to work and she loves it.

Piece of Art
By veewhitehead88 on 11/22/08 21:58 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Yaris a year before it became the model year, it had 19 miles on it. The car is reliable, I've never had a problem with it running. It is unbelievably peppy for such a small engine, the car climbs to speed easily on the road. Gas mileage is fantastic. It's all the hybrid mpg without the hybrid price. The only cons against it is that there is no rpm or battery gauge, and it does not handle well on turns at high speeds. The dashboard is all plastic, and while it has tons of storage room up front, my two glove compartment doors do not line up properly with the dash for whatever reason. I would recommend this car to absolutely anyone in the market for a small, hybrid-ish car.

Amazing drive
By cabldawg on 10/29/08 17:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My company sent me to work about 4.5 hours away from home. I bought it for gas mileage but I was amazed at the performance of the small motor. I put a K&N filter and cruise control on it and have been very happy.

Great car
By KWS on 10/01/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car a week ago and first tank of gas got me over 400+ miles averaging 38mpg. Only miss cruise control of which I will probably have dealership install. I'm 6'1" and the leg room needs a hair more for me but other than that this is a great car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.