Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

my great friend in the highway!
By The traveler

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have this Yaris since 08/2007 and by fun and pleasure I have traveled the 48 states of USA but Alaska, so far, in this car. I am going to let you know something about this little vehicle: I cannot complain at all about it. I have made 6 trips in order to cover all the USA and, as far as mechanical problems is concerned, nothing has happened to it. It has at this point in time 75,000 mi on it, and I have not even had the need to change neither brakes or clutch. It runs perfect, so far. Since I got it (0 mi) I have been changing oil every 3000 miles, not 5000 ones like the dealerships advice. Hopefully, if you have one of these toys do not let the opportunity of enjoying it go. Just do it.

Little Workhorse
By JAD

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I work in TV in LA and this car has been a great worker. I love zipping around in this little car in the city.I say little but it doesn't feel that way until you go to park it.It's built tall so it feels as spacious and has all the cup holders & storage space of a large car, but with the ease of parking and turning of a small car. I've read complaints about the center mounted dash...all I can say is "Get back on your rascal Grampa!" This car has great storage, great gas mileage, and can comfortably(YES) fit 4 adults (5 in a a pinch). It even handled admirably on snow when I went to Mt High today.I wish I had the 40/60 seats and cruise control but otherwise the Yaris is perfect.

clever storage bins, 7 cup/bottle holders, gas mileage, electronic steering feels great

Wish I could pop the trunk from inside the car, Wish I had cruise control and the 60/40 seats, in door bottle holder gets in the way of window roller (not a problem if you have power windows)

wow
By leanne_

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am so in love with this car. I drive an hour back and forth to work five days a week and only spend about $25/week on gas. It's comfortable, reliable, snazzy, and perfect for city driving/parking. I would recommend this car to anyone.

gas mileage, exterior style, multiple glove compartments

none

Frill Free, But Utterly Dependable.
By Arkahoma

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We were interested only in dependability and economy, this car met all expectations, and more. Has surprising zip and a turning radius so tight we almost forgot how to make 3-pt-turns. We regularly go on rough dirt roads to hiking spots, but still zero problems after 40,000+ mls. Fuel economy is as advertised. With our rough driving, we get 28-30mpg city and 34-36mpg hwy. But when we try to drive for fuel economy we get 42mpg hwy. First, we hated the center-mounted display, but now we love it, and hate normal cars where the steering wheel can block displays. This is not a Prius - its an economy car! It's noisy, has firm seats, and power windows are optional for us cost conscience buyers.

Fuel Economy; Center-Mounted Display; Tight Turning Radius; Stereo System; Abundant Storage Compartments and Cupholders; Adequate Acceleration; Large Trunk Space when Back Seat is Down; Adequate Leg Room (I'm 6'2").

It's noisy at high speed, but fixing it would drive up price and cost fuel economy. The two main cupholders in front of the vents can make annoying rattling if left open without a full drink, but are quiet when closed. It'd be nice if adjustable steering column could go one inch lower.

Awsome Car
By Old Man

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 Yaris Hatchback and never had any problems with this car. I've owned about 13 cars now... some new and some used...I'm only 28 but I love cars. Drove VW's all my life but had too many problems. Needed a new car and tried the yaris. I love this car...it looks cool ..drives great (I get about 35-42 mpgs) how can you beat that. it's simple and clean...even though the windows are manual and locks.. they'll never break!.. you get used to the speed of it..it's slow but fun to drive. No tachometer.. but if you know how to drive .. you never look at the tach anyways..I recommend the car in white makes it look pricier...it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. I give it an 8/10.

Style (very euro/Asian influence) color (Toyota White is very cool) interior (simple and clean) great gas mileage (35-to 42 for me) low maintenance (oil change filter.. the usual) the name Toyota attached to the car price (can't beat it) fun to drive.

Wider tires from factory for base model maybe an engine horsepower upgrade.. Not much though. Have a tach option for people who might need one.