Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Stylish, Reliable, Good Mpg, Bad on Snow
By Jill

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car except the lack of power and maneuverability on snow - it likes to slip, slide, and get stuck in a couple inches of snow pretty easily (I live in Wisconsin). In non-snow and non-icy conditions, it drives smoothly and has plenty of pep for the size. I love the way it looks inside and out. It is roomier than it would appear from the outside. The cupholders are extremely handy - better placed than any other car I have owned. Best of all, I get excellent gas mileage - overall I get around 34-35 mpg, but on a long all-highway trip I am able to get 38. That's hard to beat with a non-hybrid - and this car is comfortable! I would highly recommend this vehicle overall!

Favorite Features

Placement of the cupholders, adjustable driver's seat (up, down, forward and back), excellent gas mileage, comfortable, reliable, very roomy for a compact car.

Suggested Improvements

Better maneuverability on snow and ice - my car does have ABS, but lacks power in snowy and icy conditions.

Love - Hate relationship
By love/haterealtionshp

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Yaris for a little over a year and a half. Amazing gas mileage one of the things I love, it's got quite a lot of oomph when you want it. I think it's probably best as a tuner car. I don't recommend it as a family sedan though, unless you have snow tires on it, it slides everywhere in the winter, the car's too light for decent winter driving. Also I'm expecting and am very afraid to put my child in the car, I've seen them get totaled at 15 mph. As much as I do love this little car, I hate it at the same time, wish it was safer. As it stands with a little one on the way I'm searching for something else. It'll make me sad to see it go, but I gotta do what's best for my family.

Favorite Features

She moves.

Suggested Improvements

at least bank the center instrument cluster towards the driver. It also needs a better all over structure so it'll hold up better in a crash

2007 Toyota Yaris Reliable & Efficient
By Eric

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car new, our first car, when we just got married. The car has served us well. We have not had one single issue with the car in 42,000 miles. Have not even had to replace the brakes. This car returns mpg numbers up to 39 on the highway, 36 in mixed driving, 34 city in warm weather. In the winter, we avg 33 mixed. The interior design and quality are good, but the seating position front and rear are very upright, which on trips an hour or more becomes quite apparent. It is also very narrow inside. Automatic transmission has been flawless. This car basically needs no major maintenance til 100,000 miles, not even spark plugs or tranny fluid change. A great first car.

Favorite Features

Reliability, perfect engine, MPG, MP3 and aux audio jack

Suggested Improvements

5spd automatic, stronger brakes,

Great automocar
By Jim

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Yaris when I retired and I'm getting 40.7 mpg without fail. I've checked it 3 times now and every time it comes out the exact same on the same 230 mile trip. With the fuel tank at 13 gal plus I can get over 400 miles per tank of regular gas. I LOVE IT!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, power, ease of handling.

Suggested Improvements

Simple things like compass, auto lights, etc.

Love the car
By yaris fan

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a new Yaris 4 door auto sedan and love it. I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra but the gas mileage was not that great. I wanted a car for a commute to work and found it to be fun to drive. Now I do not want to drive the Tundra any more than I have to as I get almost 3 times the mileage with the Yaris. I have not had any trouble with the car and it runs great.

Favorite Features

I am 6'2" and the room inside is more than I thought a small car could have. Very comfortable for me.