Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 399 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Yaris... From Toyota :-)
By XoQuixxoQAFXo

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Yaris on March 31st after comparing it to several other cars including the Honda Fit and Nissan Versa. Eventually I went back to the Yaris and easily found a nautical blue sedan with the power package with steel wheels, the keyless entry, side and side curtain airbags, and all weather package. After driving the Yaris for about 2 weeks, I absolutely love it! I love how I get 350 miles on one tank and it only cost $25 bucks to fill it up. :-D

Gas mileage (averaged about 34 mpg and should keep increasing, only have about 600 miles on the car), Cute looks, peppy 1.5L VVT-i engine, dark blue color, easy to park and drive, the blue gauges.

Move the cup holders to the middle, not really liking the center gauges (this was Toyota's way to save money b/c the center design allows them to easily make right and left hand drive models). Bring the Yaris TS here with its 17" rims and 130 hp 1.8l dual vvt-i engine!

Excellent!
By MangoMan

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm quite happy with the Yaris. Excellent design with lots of room for adult passengers and a huge trunk. I avg 31 mpg in-town commuting. Overall, I 'm very pleased with the car but the interior needs some re-design. Toyota forgot to put somewhere to hold change! No ashtray, no console tray or pocket. Come on, guys. My only other complaint is the car is overly susceptible to crosswind. Maybe some suspension or tire/wheel change could improve that. To me those are the only deficits in an otherwise well planned and executed entry level automobile.

Stabilize the car in crosswinds. Put a changeholder in the center console or dash.

We love our Yaris!
By ToyotaOwner

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great vehicle! We traded our 2002 Tacoma for the Yaris, and so far we have no complaints (we just had our 10,000 mile service yesterday)! The car is fun to drive, gets great gas mileage, and for the engine size and fuel economy has decent power. The car is roomier than it looks, and is a head turner wherever you go. The price is not too high considering it is a Toyota and it will last forever. Anyone in the market for a new car should test drive a Yaris.

Styling, S-package, 5-speed manual transmission, MP3 capability, side curtain airbags, overall build quality, Toyota reliability.

Would be willing to sacrifice some gas mileage for a little more power.

Glad I made the change
By Brad

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had an 02 Honda Accord, 4 cyl., and wanted better mileage. I did a lot of research, and didn't find a better price for the mileage. I've only had it 3 days now, but I love the car. Small tweaks to the interior (longer arm rest/center console, and someplace to rest a cell phone) would be great. My only complaint in the rear view mirror. I'm 5'9", and the mirror is right in my line of vision for intersection traffic. I'm going to have my dealer move it up. Great ride, I have no problem with road noise.

Body style, steering/handling is very responsive. Good acceleration from dead stop and passing.

Raise the rear view mirror. Keyless entry is not "standard" with the Power Package upgrade. That threw me. I expected it, and was disappointed by not having it.

2007 Toyota Yaris
By Mr driver

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Performance: The Yaris gives you the feeling that you are in a golf cart and keeping up with normal/slow traffic is tough, with 106 hp, you will not pass anyone who dosent slow down for you! Comfort: Compromised by the fact that seating 5 people will make it all but impossible to get up to the speed limit before the next stop. Ride: Smooth but the driver's seat sits awkward if you're tall because of where the steering wheel is mounted due to the cramped interior. Fuel: I haven't been able to get more than 389 miles out of a full tank which is 34.5 miles a gallon when averaging between city and highway. Good fuel economy but the 1998 Corolla got almost as good about 2 miles less a gallon + 140hp.

At least 150 hp to keep up with normal traffic, aftermarket struts, gauges in front of driver not in middle of dash, better speakers, original style air vents metal dipstick not plastic.