2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
little fuel sipper
By bigdoglover on 01/19/09 10:08 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Yaris for about a year and a half now and she is comfy and sure sips the fuel. I average about 33 mpg in the winter and about 38 mpg in the summer. I love the cupholders in my little car! I have my backseat down all of the time and my lab jumps right in for her rides. Wish it was more comfy for long trips though.

By Jeff on 01/04/09 09:07 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought my Yaris in 2006, I posted a quick review. I wanted to follow after 2.25 years and 40k miles. I commute 36 miles one way to work in often heavy traffic. The Yaris is great for this. It stops quickly, and starts quickly. For maintenance, so far I have changed the oil and air filters and replaced the front tires. If I keep my speed around 60 (the speed limit, btw), I get over 40 mpg; real nice when gas was $4 per gallon. When we go to lunch, my colleagues like to pile in just to ride in it. I still love the car and highly recommend it.

Excelent Car
By Cesar on 12/13/08 09:06 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I took the car to Las Vegas and San Diego almost brand new; the car gave around 43 miles per gallon going 65 MPG average. It is very comfortable considering the size of the car. My wife uses the car to daily commute to work and she loves it.

Piece of Art
By veewhitehead88 on 11/22/08 21:58 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Yaris a year before it became the model year, it had 19 miles on it. The car is reliable, I've never had a problem with it running. It is unbelievably peppy for such a small engine, the car climbs to speed easily on the road. Gas mileage is fantastic. It's all the hybrid mpg without the hybrid price. The only cons against it is that there is no rpm or battery gauge, and it does not handle well on turns at high speeds. The dashboard is all plastic, and while it has tons of storage room up front, my two glove compartment doors do not line up properly with the dash for whatever reason. I would recommend this car to absolutely anyone in the market for a small, hybrid-ish car.

Amazing drive
By cabldawg on 10/29/08 17:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My company sent me to work about 4.5 hours away from home. I bought it for gas mileage but I was amazed at the performance of the small motor. I put a K&N filter and cruise control on it and have been very happy.

Great car
By KWS on 10/01/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car a week ago and first tank of gas got me over 400+ miles averaging 38mpg. Only miss cruise control of which I will probably have dealership install. I'm 6'1" and the leg room needs a hair more for me but other than that this is a great car.

Great Little Car
By Steve on 09/23/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new in May, 2006. I have received mixed reviews from friends and family regarding the looks and size of the car, but my intention was to purchase a car that was good on gas with the reliability of a Toyota. I average approximately 36 miles per gallon, mostly freeway with some in town. I am 6 feet tall and have plenty of leg and head room. Anyone sitting behind me is cramped. My complaint, is the positioning of the steering wheel. Because I have to have the seat all the way back, the steering wheel is too far away and I find myself constantly shifting steering hands because of the discomfort. Would be nice if the wheel telescoped. Truly annoying!

I love my Yaris!!!
By Monika on 09/15/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Yaris 2 years ago, I was probably one of the first customers. Everyone kept asking me questions about my car, people rolled their windows to ask me about my car. And after 2 years I have not had a problem, in fact I love it more, as it is reliable and very comfortable! I drive about 90 miles per day, and school at least 2 times a week, so as you can see I spend a lot of time in my car! I definitively recommend this car for everyone! it is known as the "green car" in Europe. In our last trip I was very pleased to see my car in every corner at least 5 different countries in Europe! Honestly, I can not wait for the 09 as my husband is getting one, good bye trucks! I really love it!

Liftback Lover
By No Regrets on 08/28/08 18:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Yaris liftback about 2 years ago, and it's the first car that never gave me buyer's remorse. I've owned luxury cars, 4x4s, station wagons, sedans, and sports cars. Every one of them forced me to compromise. I'm in a band, and I can fit a Marshall half-stack, 2 JBL monitor cabs, 4 guitars, a bag of cords, a change of clothes, and my girlfriend in my Yaris. Usually, five can ride comfortably. It's so good on gas, I sometimes forget which side the gas cap's on. This car is the perfect blend of economy, utility, and style. Complete strangers are so fascinated by it, they strike up conversations with me in parking lots. With rising fuel costs, this car is the way to go.

I love this car!
By Marian on 08/26/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2007 Yaris for a year, and I love it. My drive to work is 65 miles round trip per day, so I really needed a fuel efficient car, and this is the perfect fit! Initially I was drawn to the car because it was cute and small and reminded me of the SmartCar, however I was pleasantly surprised by all of the perks! I've been stopped on multiple occasions by strangers intrigued by the car & can do nothing but brag about it. The backseat leg room is unbelievable, the amount of storage (including all 3 glove boxes) is amazing, & the gas mileage is wonderful. My only complaint is how sensitive the car is to wind on the highway. I love the car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.