39MPG - I'm still waiting :)
By Ivan on
2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
Replacement for my '88 Corolla FX HB after it blew up. This automatic 2 dr LB is a perfect commuter car for me - point A to B with no nonsense. Plenty of room-I take it to Costco. Parks almost anywhere and turning radius is awesome. Although pricy,$16K out the door, but I really wanted auto windows & doorlocks. I'm 6'4" and there are very few cars, even full size, that'll accomodate me. In this car my head, legs, knees, and elbows have room to spare. Major complaint - rated at 39MPG yeah right, at 1500 miles I'm only averaging 34 which is great but I only drive freeway with very little stop and go & follow all the recommendations to get better mileage but haven't gotten to 39MPG as others.
Favorite Features
Seats, love the side turning blinkers, sound system, funky little helper windshield wiper (front), Blazing Blue color, roomy, center panel is weird but who cares, I rarely look at it - too busy going 80MPH
Suggested Improvements
Needs: tachometer, auto lights off when key is out of ignition, foot rest patch. Also rear left/right columns- too wide and create large blind spots. Rear drum brakes-why no discs?