Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Brand New Yaris - First Impressions
By OKJoe

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We picked up our Yaris under a week ago so this is definitely a first impression, but I'll keep you updated. Although very small there is generous room inside and a surprising amount of rear leg room. Several people sat in the driver's seat and one 6'2 would have a difficult time driving the car. The center mounted speedometer took all of 10 minutes to adjust to. We put 240 miles on a trip this weekend, very little highway, and used half a tank of gas. Based on the tank size it calculates out to 42.2 MPG. Probably 40 mpg is more reasonable. Exterior is black metalflake - very nice paint. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Gas mileage of course. Interior room. Aluminum wheels are nice. Seat upholstery very nice. Paint job was superb. Solid thud when closing doors.

The cruise control is low on the steering wheel stem. I worry about hitting it with my knee when entering the vehicle. The radio is decent but a true audiophile would want to upgrade. Very few aftermarket accessories. I need a bug deflector!

My 1st Car - Brand New Car
By Garry

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The only thing I have to tell about the drive is simple. The best thing to do before driving this car is to start the engine, put it on drive, hold the brake and wait for one or even 2 minutes like this. After what you can enjoy a perfectly warm oil for the transmission and a better engine and transmission maintenance over a long period.

The radio that come with the basic features is enough for everyone. It even takes my MP3 CDs. Excellent features including the fact that I like to see the speed I'm going with the speedometer in the middle of the dash.

Let the driver have the choice of numerical or digital speedometer.

Yaris... From Toyota :-)
By XoQuixxoQAFXo

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Yaris on March 31st after comparing it to several other cars including the Honda Fit and Nissan Versa. Eventually I went back to the Yaris and easily found a nautical blue sedan with the power package with steel wheels, the keyless entry, side and side curtain airbags, and all weather package. After driving the Yaris for about 2 weeks, I absolutely love it! I love how I get 350 miles on one tank and it only cost $25 bucks to fill it up. :-D

Gas mileage (averaged about 34 mpg and should keep increasing, only have about 600 miles on the car), Cute looks, peppy 1.5L VVT-i engine, dark blue color, easy to park and drive, the blue gauges.

Move the cup holders to the middle, not really liking the center gauges (this was Toyota's way to save money b/c the center design allows them to easily make right and left hand drive models). Bring the Yaris TS here with its 17" rims and 130 hp 1.8l dual vvt-i engine!

Excellent!
By MangoMan

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm quite happy with the Yaris. Excellent design with lots of room for adult passengers and a huge trunk. I avg 31 mpg in-town commuting. Overall, I 'm very pleased with the car but the interior needs some re-design. Toyota forgot to put somewhere to hold change! No ashtray, no console tray or pocket. Come on, guys. My only other complaint is the car is overly susceptible to crosswind. Maybe some suspension or tire/wheel change could improve that. To me those are the only deficits in an otherwise well planned and executed entry level automobile.

Stabilize the car in crosswinds. Put a changeholder in the center console or dash.

We love our Yaris!
By ToyotaOwner

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great vehicle! We traded our 2002 Tacoma for the Yaris, and so far we have no complaints (we just had our 10,000 mile service yesterday)! The car is fun to drive, gets great gas mileage, and for the engine size and fuel economy has decent power. The car is roomier than it looks, and is a head turner wherever you go. The price is not too high considering it is a Toyota and it will last forever. Anyone in the market for a new car should test drive a Yaris.

Styling, S-package, 5-speed manual transmission, MP3 capability, side curtain airbags, overall build quality, Toyota reliability.

Would be willing to sacrifice some gas mileage for a little more power.

• SUV