Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

We love our Yaris!
By ToyotaOwner

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great vehicle! We traded our 2002 Tacoma for the Yaris, and so far we have no complaints (we just had our 10,000 mile service yesterday)! The car is fun to drive, gets great gas mileage, and for the engine size and fuel economy has decent power. The car is roomier than it looks, and is a head turner wherever you go. The price is not too high considering it is a Toyota and it will last forever. Anyone in the market for a new car should test drive a Yaris.

Styling, S-package, 5-speed manual transmission, MP3 capability, side curtain airbags, overall build quality, Toyota reliability.

Would be willing to sacrifice some gas mileage for a little more power.

Glad I made the change
By Brad

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had an 02 Honda Accord, 4 cyl., and wanted better mileage. I did a lot of research, and didn't find a better price for the mileage. I've only had it 3 days now, but I love the car. Small tweaks to the interior (longer arm rest/center console, and someplace to rest a cell phone) would be great. My only complaint in the rear view mirror. I'm 5'9", and the mirror is right in my line of vision for intersection traffic. I'm going to have my dealer move it up. Great ride, I have no problem with road noise.

Body style, steering/handling is very responsive. Good acceleration from dead stop and passing.

Raise the rear view mirror. Keyless entry is not "standard" with the Power Package upgrade. That threw me. I expected it, and was disappointed by not having it.

2007 Toyota Yaris
By Mr driver

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Performance: The Yaris gives you the feeling that you are in a golf cart and keeping up with normal/slow traffic is tough, with 106 hp, you will not pass anyone who dosent slow down for you! Comfort: Compromised by the fact that seating 5 people will make it all but impossible to get up to the speed limit before the next stop. Ride: Smooth but the driver's seat sits awkward if you're tall because of where the steering wheel is mounted due to the cramped interior. Fuel: I haven't been able to get more than 389 miles out of a full tank which is 34.5 miles a gallon when averaging between city and highway. Good fuel economy but the 1998 Corolla got almost as good about 2 miles less a gallon + 140hp.

At least 150 hp to keep up with normal traffic, aftermarket struts, gauges in front of driver not in middle of dash, better speakers, original style air vents metal dipstick not plastic.

Beautiful
By yoyocheerio

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. I have owned a toyota before, a 1986 MR2, and was very pleased with it so when it came time to buy my first new car, I was definitely going to look at Toyota. I've got a lot of expenses with my 2 kids and so I needed to keep the cost manageable. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get a decent car for my budget but I am thrilled to have discovered the Yaris. It is perfect for me - great gas mileage, fun to drive, great design inside and out, it's a Toyota and on top of all that its affordable. It's too good to be true.

The overall style of the car. The aux input for my iPod. The gas mileage. The rear wiper. All the storage places.

I have had the car for about a month but so far I really can't think of anything except maybe the lack of a tachometer, but that's not really a big deal.

Bad seats
By drgagnon

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car but the seats are a problem. My wife and I never had back pain until we purchased this Yaris. But I like it enough to try to change the seats. This is an expensive proposition with minimal out of market options. I'll probably have to sell the car to save my back. However, driving the Yaris is fun and above expectations considering the price.

Fuel efficiency is remarkable. Forget about the hybrid.

An absolute must: better seat. They shouldn't have gone cheap on what can make long drives pleasant. Driving more than an hour is a serious issue for me. I feel like the seats were not selected well for the slightly larger american body.