Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 399 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

WE LOVE IT!
By jjrigadoon

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My husband & I are in our 60s and it took a day to get used to the center dash and now we much prefer it. No lights glaring in your face at night, handy glovebox at all times. We had a Volkswagon GTI which my husband loved for its power and handling. If this had the power, it would be as much fun, however, it has plenty of power for the size and gas usage. No trouble getting up to speed to merge on interstates, which was a concern.

Center dash; multiple, convenient gloveboxes; zippy-ness; maneuverability; mileage, of course; and extremely high cute factor.

Flat folding seat in the standard package.

Not Just for Kids
By deb

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have had my Yaris for 9 months and so far all is well! It's great on gas mileage, averaging 30+ and that's with lots of short trips in town. Cute styling, comfy interior even for my 6 foot 200 pound son, and decent room for back seat passengers. Trunk is huge, too. I'm 51 years old and previously drove a 1991 Toyota pickup which was EXTREMELY reliable. Had to stop driving it due to arthritis (had to give up the manual transmission, dang it!). If this little Yaris cutie is half as good as my Toy truck I'll be a happy camper!

Gas mileage, roominess for small car.

Offer the Blazing Blue color in the sedan, not just the liftback.

Love It, Great Car
By kenc9

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, this is the Bug that VW should have built. Low price and high mileage. The gauge area was a concern at first BUT a few days later and this layout is fantastic. All the compartments in the dash, the MP3 jack the huge inside of a small appearing car. I should be hating driving a cheap car like this, I bought it for my daughter that is going to college soon. I am 52 and it is a solid car that gives me the feeling that this little car will tick away forever. Everyone stares at it or smiles when I pass them. Nobody did that even in my BMW X5. Everyone I have sit in it and sees the room inside says WOW!

Compartments in dash, MP3 port, dash layout, front of car like a VW Bug. around 40 MPG, laydown back seats. Drives like it is on tracks, at 75 MPH it feels VERY stable. Turns around anywhere.

Make the hatchback in 4 door and make the 1.8 engine and sunroof an option.

Brand New Yaris - First Impressions
By OKJoe

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We picked up our Yaris under a week ago so this is definitely a first impression, but I'll keep you updated. Although very small there is generous room inside and a surprising amount of rear leg room. Several people sat in the driver's seat and one 6'2 would have a difficult time driving the car. The center mounted speedometer took all of 10 minutes to adjust to. We put 240 miles on a trip this weekend, very little highway, and used half a tank of gas. Based on the tank size it calculates out to 42.2 MPG. Probably 40 mpg is more reasonable. Exterior is black metalflake - very nice paint. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Gas mileage of course. Interior room. Aluminum wheels are nice. Seat upholstery very nice. Paint job was superb. Solid thud when closing doors.

The cruise control is low on the steering wheel stem. I worry about hitting it with my knee when entering the vehicle. The radio is decent but a true audiophile would want to upgrade. Very few aftermarket accessories. I need a bug deflector!

My 1st Car - Brand New Car
By Garry

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The only thing I have to tell about the drive is simple. The best thing to do before driving this car is to start the engine, put it on drive, hold the brake and wait for one or even 2 minutes like this. After what you can enjoy a perfectly warm oil for the transmission and a better engine and transmission maintenance over a long period.

The radio that come with the basic features is enough for everyone. It even takes my MP3 CDs. Excellent features including the fact that I like to see the speed I'm going with the speedometer in the middle of the dash.

Let the driver have the choice of numerical or digital speedometer.