Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Good value for money
By Belmont

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's comfortable and fun to drive. I love the mileage I get.

Drink holders and little storage compartments here and there; the CD player is nice, too.

The reverse on my manual trans is a little jerky.

Great Value, Fantastic at What it Does
By StGabriel

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Toyota Yaris hatchback and I loved it. I don't think there is a better value on the market. I am 6'5 and the car was very comfortable and could handle 3 passengers just fine (the car is way roomier than it looks). Gas mileage is fantastic (consistently 34+ mpg) and the cost-to-own is the lowest you're going to get. It won't set any speed records but I found that the car could easily get up to good freeway speeds and was fun to drive. I love the distinctive look. I got a lot of appreciative looks and positive comments. Also, I was impressed by how well the car absorbed the impact of a high speed collision.

The huge value that this car offers. Also, safety. I speak of the car in the past tense because our lovely Yaris was totalled by a drunk driver. We were rear-ended by a huge truck on the freeway. The Yaris was totalled but my wife and I managed to get out of it with surprisingly few injuries.

I think Toyota has really engineered a perfect car for those who are value-minded and there's not much room for improvement there. I do wish they'd offer a few more colors and make it easier to get a few options like ABS (we couldn't find any ABS models in the LA area).

2007 Toyota Yaris
By radu

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice looking car, it looks somehow like a sports car. But donít get misled. The Yaris driving is less inspired than many others. Driving position is simply wrong: the steering is too far for taller drivers compared with any other car on the market, therefore driving pleasure and feeling are much reduced. Good front visibility but dangerous blind spots on the sides. Excellent build quality, however the paint chips easily. Very poor clutch conception, hard to engage smoothly or quickly, automatic transmission itís a must for this car. Gas mileage is less than expected, especially in city driving.

Interior space, build quality and reliability, how it looks.

Driving position should absolutely be corrected. Would like better shock quality, better clutch quality.

Best value at proven reliability.
By Jeff

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Timing couldn't be more perfect. In the small cars category, Toyota brought a Europe-proven model to the US market and beats the rest in the category for value and reliability with fuel efficiency, kick in the drive and my 4-door sedan Yaris is the biggest small car at this price! Even driving at my high speed average of 82 mph on highway commute, fuel efficiency is still at good 37 mpg.

WE LOVE IT!
By jjrigadoon

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My husband & I are in our 60s and it took a day to get used to the center dash and now we much prefer it. No lights glaring in your face at night, handy glovebox at all times. We had a Volkswagon GTI which my husband loved for its power and handling. If this had the power, it would be as much fun, however, it has plenty of power for the size and gas usage. No trouble getting up to speed to merge on interstates, which was a concern.

Center dash; multiple, convenient gloveboxes; zippy-ness; maneuverability; mileage, of course; and extremely high cute factor.

Flat folding seat in the standard package.