Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

2007 Toyota Yaris
By radu

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice looking car, it looks somehow like a sports car. But donít get misled. The Yaris driving is less inspired than many others. Driving position is simply wrong: the steering is too far for taller drivers compared with any other car on the market, therefore driving pleasure and feeling are much reduced. Good front visibility but dangerous blind spots on the sides. Excellent build quality, however the paint chips easily. Very poor clutch conception, hard to engage smoothly or quickly, automatic transmission itís a must for this car. Gas mileage is less than expected, especially in city driving.

Favorite Features

Interior space, build quality and reliability, how it looks.

Suggested Improvements

Driving position should absolutely be corrected. Would like better shock quality, better clutch quality.

Best value at proven reliability.
By Jeff

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Timing couldn't be more perfect. In the small cars category, Toyota brought a Europe-proven model to the US market and beats the rest in the category for value and reliability with fuel efficiency, kick in the drive and my 4-door sedan Yaris is the biggest small car at this price! Even driving at my high speed average of 82 mph on highway commute, fuel efficiency is still at good 37 mpg.

WE LOVE IT!
By jjrigadoon

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My husband & I are in our 60s and it took a day to get used to the center dash and now we much prefer it. No lights glaring in your face at night, handy glovebox at all times. We had a Volkswagon GTI which my husband loved for its power and handling. If this had the power, it would be as much fun, however, it has plenty of power for the size and gas usage. No trouble getting up to speed to merge on interstates, which was a concern.

Favorite Features

Center dash; multiple, convenient gloveboxes; zippy-ness; maneuverability; mileage, of course; and extremely high cute factor.

Suggested Improvements

Flat folding seat in the standard package.

Not Just for Kids
By deb

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have had my Yaris for 9 months and so far all is well! It's great on gas mileage, averaging 30+ and that's with lots of short trips in town. Cute styling, comfy interior even for my 6 foot 200 pound son, and decent room for back seat passengers. Trunk is huge, too. I'm 51 years old and previously drove a 1991 Toyota pickup which was EXTREMELY reliable. Had to stop driving it due to arthritis (had to give up the manual transmission, dang it!). If this little Yaris cutie is half as good as my Toy truck I'll be a happy camper!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, roominess for small car.

Suggested Improvements

Offer the Blazing Blue color in the sedan, not just the liftback.

Love It, Great Car
By kenc9

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, this is the Bug that VW should have built. Low price and high mileage. The gauge area was a concern at first BUT a few days later and this layout is fantastic. All the compartments in the dash, the MP3 jack the huge inside of a small appearing car. I should be hating driving a cheap car like this, I bought it for my daughter that is going to college soon. I am 52 and it is a solid car that gives me the feeling that this little car will tick away forever. Everyone stares at it or smiles when I pass them. Nobody did that even in my BMW X5. Everyone I have sit in it and sees the room inside says WOW!

Favorite Features

Compartments in dash, MP3 port, dash layout, front of car like a VW Bug. around 40 MPG, laydown back seats. Drives like it is on tracks, at 75 MPH it feels VERY stable. Turns around anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Make the hatchback in 4 door and make the 1.8 engine and sunroof an option.