Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Great gas mileage & fun to drive!
By MC

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I expected the great gas mileage (I'm getting 35 pretty routinely and 38-40 on long trips), but the advertising doesn't tell you how much fun it is to drive! You sit up high - feels a little like an SUV in this regard - so road visibility is great. This thing turns on a dime, so you can zip in and out of really tight spots. Mine is a standard (5 sp) transmission, so pickup (even with the AC running) is a non-issue. Good passenger room (I have the 4-door.) Safety issue: there is a HUGE blind spot between the rt. rear passenger window and the back window - you really MUST use the passenger-side mirror to see what's coming up behind you on the rt. side.

Favorite Features

Driver's seat sits you up higher than in many bigger cars. Interior room and trunk room are both unexpectedly generous for such a small car. Steering is steady and straight. Turning radius unbelievable.

Suggested Improvements

RPMs increase audibly with each upshift! Toyota calls this "normal", but it's never happened in any other 5sp I've owned and wastes gas! Need better cupholder placement and space for small change. Replace plastic hubcaps. Fix rear rt. side blind spot. Upgrade cheap upholstery - it shows all lint!

Great little car!
By YarisOwner

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car two weeks and have not put gas in it yet! I really enjoy this car and think it is worth the money. I have enjoyed my little go-kart so far and look forward to driving it for a long time.

Favorite Features

Everything, I really enjoy this little car.

Excellent Economy Car
By karrat

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had an Accord for a while, but rising gas prices ($3.50 at the time) pushed me towards a more economical car. I settled on the Yaris for the fuel efficiency and cost; I get around 37 mpg on average, mostly highway driving (35 mile commute each way to work). It is a very basic vehicle, but it suits my needs just fine. I opted for the MP3/CD player which was well worth it. The AUX jack in the center console is very useful, but the placement (right below the shifter) is a little awkward. The car looks quite small on the inside, but my friends comment on how much room there is on the inside (more than they expected, at least).

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, cost, MP3 compatibility with CD player, AUX jack, center mount dash widens visibility and works great with window mounts (satellite radio, GPS, etc.), handles well on the open road, tons of compartments and cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

Gets beaten around by crosswinds, interior plastic scuffs easily (particularly with manual windows), poor placement of AUX jack, no interior controls for side mirrors, cruise non-standard, road noise is a little loud.

Good value for money
By Belmont

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's comfortable and fun to drive. I love the mileage I get.

Favorite Features

Drink holders and little storage compartments here and there; the CD player is nice, too.

Suggested Improvements

The reverse on my manual trans is a little jerky.

Great Value, Fantastic at What it Does
By StGabriel

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Toyota Yaris hatchback and I loved it. I don't think there is a better value on the market. I am 6'5 and the car was very comfortable and could handle 3 passengers just fine (the car is way roomier than it looks). Gas mileage is fantastic (consistently 34+ mpg) and the cost-to-own is the lowest you're going to get. It won't set any speed records but I found that the car could easily get up to good freeway speeds and was fun to drive. I love the distinctive look. I got a lot of appreciative looks and positive comments. Also, I was impressed by how well the car absorbed the impact of a high speed collision.

Favorite Features

The huge value that this car offers. Also, safety. I speak of the car in the past tense because our lovely Yaris was totalled by a drunk driver. We were rear-ended by a huge truck on the freeway. The Yaris was totalled but my wife and I managed to get out of it with surprisingly few injuries.

Suggested Improvements

I think Toyota has really engineered a perfect car for those who are value-minded and there's not much room for improvement there. I do wish they'd offer a few more colors and make it easier to get a few options like ABS (we couldn't find any ABS models in the LA area).