2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Smart - "For Two", Step Aside
By Nihilist on 06/20/06 15:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had been holding off purchasing a car until the arrival of the Smart, "For Two" into the US. No longer. I ordered my hatchback last month and it showed up yesterday. Fun is the best way to describe it. Clean, simple interior and cute exterior. The hatch is not a family car, but for me and my wife it's perfect.

Excellent Subcompact
By Sean on 06/19/06 06:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

At first, I was taken back by how small this car is. But, when I climbed inside I was amazed at how much interior room there is. The center console is different, but once you get used to it, it's actually more convenient than peering through the steering wheel like most cars. The car corners very well and is surprisingly resistant to being blown around on the highway (for a subcompact anyway). Toyota managed to get the price down by making features optional that come standard on other cars, so expect to pay more than the base MSRP (but it's worth it). Availability is limited in 2006, so you may have to be patient if you're picky about options. Great car; would buy again!

Good car (just good, not great)
By New york city gal on 06/15/06 14:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

So my last car was a Honda Accord. I know its not fair to judge this car based on my past vehicle but Im pretty sure that is why I'm not wholly astounded. I find this car to be quite bumpy on the road (as expected from such a small lightweight car), & I truly hate the brakes. I feel like the car is almost out of control when braking. When driving on a bumpy road I feel like I'm riding a bike on a cobblestone road. Maybe I'm not used to it but I've been driving it for 2 weeks already. Car sounds like a tank when accelerating, and really can't keep up with other cars. Overall, I expected better but its still not a bad car. And for the price & toyota name I really can't complain.

I Love my Yaris
By Eric Krakowski on 06/14/06 16:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Yaris is definitely the best car I have ever purchased. I'm very happy with its handling ability and fuel economy (especially the fuel economy). The gas meter doesn't even move when your driving on the highway, and the ride is soooo smooth for a little 4 cylinder car. I highly recommend this car for anyone who doesn't care about muscle, but cares about economy and class. I'm very proud to own a Yaris.

Bigger inside than out
By cosado on 06/12/06 17:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My other vehicle is a Land Cruiser and this is the perfect complement to it. I am constantly thinking of reasons to run errands so that I can drive it. I ordered the liftback without even driving it because of it's looks and my confidence in Toyota build quality and it didn't disappoint. I've driven almost 350 miles and I'm still waiting for the gas meter to reach the bottom bar. A very nimble car with good power, whether I'm alone or with my wife and kids. By the way, the Yaris was a hugh success with my 8 and 9 year old kids!

Amazing
By Will on 06/03/06 11:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Saw the commercials. Test drove it and LOVED it! This car is serious value, serious quality, and serious FUN!

Great Little Commuting Car
By Jeff on 05/29/06 10:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have only owned Toyotas, from including a Previa, Corolla, Rav4 and 2003 4Runner. This is a great little commuting car. I have a 30+ mile commute each way, and should save 15 MPG compared to my Rav4... which alone should save me almost my car payment. Surprisingly roomy, feels much bigger than the Corolla. We have 2 small kids in car seats and this car will allow us to take the Yaris instead of the 4Runner around town. I haven't found a complaint yet with it... The Corolla in its current form is in trouble. This car is $3000 cheaper than a Corolla, feels bigger and is a heck of a lot better to look at.

Great Car For The Money
By Mailman37204 on 05/28/06 19:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car already. The gas mileage has been excellent so far (38 mpg), and it's a real head turner in traffic. There are a few things that take some getting used to, including the center-mounted display, but after about 2 days I began to wonder why all cars don't have it. For a pretty small car, the Yaris sure does have plenty of leg room. It will whip in and out of traffic in the city, and when you take it out on the interstate, it will absolutely fly down the road with suprising comfort. Overall very fun to drive, good looking, and a smart move considering the price of gas these days.

LOVE IT!!!!
By w0lfgh0st on 05/27/06 19:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I needed to replace my Echo and this is the perfect car for anyone. It's surprisingly sporty in the manual and is far more comfortable than it looks like it would be. I couldn't be happier! Plus, it's a Toyota, so you know you're getting something good!

WOW :)
By Elsie on 05/25/06 22:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm so glad I decided to buy a new car and not a used one. The car is super nice and comfortable. I personally believe its a young woman's car. The experience of driving and owning this vehicle has been great. All my rides are smooth and comfortable... totally recommend it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.