Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Good Economy Car
By nightfrog65

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car bought in 2007, and it hasn't let me down in the 6 years I've driven it.
It's a basic economy car, so I went in not expecting leather heated seats, GPS, and backup cameras.

Plus, it gets good gas mileage, so there is much less money to spend on fuel compare to many vehicles on the road today.
It's not hybrid, so no $10K battery replacement costs nor electronics needed to manage the dual electric/gas powertrain system.

The only downsides I can report are lack of standard tachometer and arm rest.
I bought an aftermarket arm rest online, and that helped on long trips.

Fuel economy, reliability

Standard tachometer and cruise control. Otherwise, have no complaints. Not sure if this is possible, but a sunroof might be cool for high end models. It's not a luxury vehicle and doesn't need leather or heated seats/GPS/etc...

It just doesn't die !
By sheeep

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I did research,found Yaris was the 1st reliable car among all(2 issues/100 cars,Camry or Accord with less than 20 while Impala with 60 some).I bought the cheapest one available in the area with 86k miles in 2009(29k mile/year average !!!) with no hesitation.I AM A HAPPY CAMPER ! I am racing the heck out of it and have 130k miles by now.It just refuses to DIE.It's incredibly peppy like Edmund said. With a DROP-IN K&N air filter,80mph in a blink and 110mph is not a dream.Mine got 29.8/35.7mpg.The car is surprisingly spacious inside. NO repair at all so far, just belt and oil.And I don't see any engine downgrade yet. Not even a vibration while moving.

Dash cup holder keeps me on the road while getting my drink and driving Very fun to drive. Cheap to maintain. No steering fluid (electronic steering system instead). No clutch fluid (shared with brake fluid).

Road noise. This is not about the car itself. It's just insulation. They are so cheap on putting insulation in the car.(I ripped all plastic panel inside, so I know !) Head rests are stupidly designed.

the best little car
By yaris4

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car drives smoothly in the front seat.
Long drives in the country are comfortable with no back ache.
Averaging 32-36 combined mpg.

Great commuting car to the downtown core and easy to park.

Auto transmission smooth and only repair made has been a new alternator.

A/C runs cold still.
Great little car.

Love My Baby Yo
By pauly651

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Yaris hatchback brand new in 2007. Baby Yo (Baby Toyota) now has over 112,000 miles on it. Still drives like its brand new. Bought some 17'' by 7.5'' black with chrome lips on
her n WOW!!! Also upgraded the sound systems, Pioneer Premier the whole inside.
One minor problem though, Last winter gas gauge lied to me. Said I had two bars of gas left but when enter the hiway ramp it stalled. Checked the whole car with fine tooth comb, found nothing. Little bro added gas to tank, it started right up.

Gas gauge lies and now I'm scared to let gas level fall towards the two last bar.

Love My Car!
By AuntieD

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased our Yaris to use as a second car. What a spacious and fuel efficient car!

Love the room inside. My husband & I are both taller, larger people and have no problems getting in or out of this smaller car.

Better radio/CD player. The CD player has just started not working. Has anyone else experienced this problem ?