Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

What you see.....
By kevink

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Yaris is exactly what you see is what you get. The power is impressive for a 1.5L 4 cyl and trans is smooth shifting. I average 33.7 mpg; coming from a Tundra V8, I can't complain. Seats are a little tight for my middle aged expanding backside, but this car is aimed at the skinny youthful set. Center mounted instrument pod stinks!

Gas mileage, ease of handling in parking lots, performance for an econobox.

Move instrumment pod to where it belongs. having to consantly look over to the right is distracting. Seatbacks need to be a little less confining.

BEST SUBCOMPACT PERIOD.
By scottytoohotty

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased 2 Yarises. I knew better from previously owning Toyotas that the Yaris would at least be reliable and fuel efficient, and to my surprise, refined (for a $15k car!) I've owned them for 6 months and so far no problems. Overall I'm extremely satisfied with my purchases.

Turning radius, 35ft. best ever recorded. Center dash. Looks (best in class). MPG (best in class).Toyota refinement and reliability. Trunk space.

None

somewhat disappointed
By dan

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Since i purchased my 2007 Yaris in August i immediately fell in love with the gas mileage, average of 35 city and as much as 48 hwy. But i found that on option was unavaible for a keyless remote which i really miss. The 12v outlet in the console needs to be redesigned because the cover will not stay closed. I also found that you cannot roll the windows down in the rear without getting a head splitting noise. When you are used to riding with the rear windows down when it is not hot enough for the air conditioner this is a disappointment. I am a large guy and the interior room is great, seats are good and good leg room.

The seats are great as well as the leg and head room. Fuel mileage is great averaging 35 to 48. I got the one with abs brakes and have had no problems stopping. The 1.5 engine is great for my needs with plenty of pep.

Get wind noise fixed. Offer remote keyless entry and trunk opening. Move cup holders from in front of vents if heat is on drinks get warm in a hurry. Bigger console, put two items in it and it is full.

Baby Yaris
By barkpr

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car about a year now and the love affair continues. Got the 2 door hatchback. I still cannot believe that Toyota could put this style, comfort and reliability together at this price range. Every day it's vroom when I start the engine, I actually feel like I am driving a much bigger car or even an suv when I am behind the wheel, great visibility and have been averaging about 38 miles per gallon. It is peppy as hell and my wife says it is cute. Highly recommend to all who want great dependability, great gas mileage and "cute" style at a great price.

The pep and styling.

Drink holders hinder opening the window.

Lowered Expectations
By Kirk Ryerson

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I researched about 15 cars in this segment. The only thing that motivated me to purchase the Yaris was the promise of no scheduled maintenance for the first 120,000 miles. That was the deciding factor. EPA ratings are off, I average low 30s in town and mid 30s on the highway. The brakes are terrible. It struggles to take turns. The electric steering (at highway speeds) is frightening. My S didn't even come with a remote key fob. Be careful driving the S on a windy day.

The driver's seat (for me) was the best feature - I'm 6'1" and couldn't find a better seat for me in this class range. Next to that I am (personally) amazed this is a 1.5 liter engine - it does just fine staying with traffic which I really appreciate.

Brakes need a big upgrade. Car is unstable in windy conditions. Turning is poor. Electric steering needs to be recalibrated. Interior quality (finished materials) is terrible - everything scuffs or marks on contact. Sound insulation is needed. Throw your bluetooth in the garbage.