Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 399 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Absolutely Fabulous
By Robert

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! I am a very frugal (okay, cheap) shopper who goes over everything with a fine tooth comb. This car is great. I owned a Geo Metro for 5 years and considered an Aveo. The Yaris is the best of the three with the most power performance, the most room, and the best at making me smile when I drive. IF I get rid of it before I retire, I'll looking to get another!

Love all the pockets, the adjustable back seats, the cargo space, and the FUN to drive it !

At my age, would have still loved a radio that had CD and cassette with it. I'll have to record my cassettes on MP3 ... it plays those :o)

No Worries Mate
By ToyotaDownUnder

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was asked to look for a reliable car for my wife and found the much loved Yaris. We have the four-door hatch here in Sydney, Australia and it's heaps user friendly. It's modded with Toyota's bigger wheels and low profile tires which help the handling.The gas mileage is exceptional especially in Sydney traffic. It has all the pep you need for an engine of that size. Off in the bush however, it needs more torque. Trunk space is good and the back seat is roomy enough for two taller set people due to the lack of the drive shaft hump on the back floor. The experience has been enjoyable and we've had no dramas in Toyota country.

The trunk compartments located under the boot(trunk)panel are convenient for storing heaps of stuff. The look of the car beats out its competitors.

A smoother clutch, better torque (being in 2nd gear at almost a standstill or low speeds is punishing)

My Little Go Cart
By Estes

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have not owned it for long but being 6'3" and 255 lbs I am having a blast with this car. Everyone I know is used to me being in an F-250 or larger vehicle so I am getting used to being laughed at. With the mileage I am getting, which is on average 45 mpg, I use 1 gal per day round trip to work and home . Several co-workers have purchased one of their own. Now who is laughing? That's all I'm going to say about that!

All of them.

Have some suggested improvements , but why bother. For what the car costs I cant complain. I didn't buy a SPORTS CAR and I didn't spend 40 grand either. Toyota you are doing great. I'm now a Toyota loyalist to the end!

Amazing
By Casey

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is just amazing. That's all there is too it. It has the pep that I wanted along with the style. Rush hour? No problem! This car can squeeze into little spaces. It also handles well on winding roads. I also have take this car off road on a 4-wheel trail in the woods somewhere in Illinois, it got muddied up and performed well. The engine has a lot of kick to it! If you want a cheap new car that is reliable, this is it! Plus the gas mileage! I get around 36 city and 42 highway. I just love the look on people's faces when a little 4-cyl zips by them. You would never expect so much spirit from such a little car. It is really worth the price!

Small, zippy, Toyota, price, quality and the ablility to handle me as a driver.

Make it into a 4-door hatchback! Other than that, No complaints on this end!

My Wonderful Car
By woele

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I went for the 2 door hatchback, manual, convenience package only. I was looking for a cheap, brand new car, and I got more than I ever thought I would. Being the most basic package, there's not a whole lot of extra safety features, but I almost feel like I don't need them. Handling is excellent; it is as responsive as I figured for a 106 hp engine. The interior doesn't feel cheap and I enjoy all of the extra compartments. Everyone who has gotten in it for the first time is amazed at how much room there really is. Everything I brought down with me for school fit in the Yaris (bed, desks, a bike, shelves, etc). Highly recommended for someone looking for a new, cheap car that's great to drive.

Fuel economy: though I've only gotten above the rated fuel economy once (40.06 mpg), my average so far is right around 37 mpg. I love the feeling of buying 6 gallons of gas and knowing I'm set for a couple of weeks. Surprising amount of space, especially with the seats folded down.

I'm not a fan of the daytime driving lights. Cup holders in the door can impair rolling the window up/down. Headrests are angled too far forward. Unconventional door locks make it hard to open when you lock your keys in the car. (Oops!) The material for the panels between windows can age quickly.