Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Frill Free, But Utterly Dependable.
By Arkahoma

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We were interested only in dependability and economy, this car met all expectations, and more. Has surprising zip and a turning radius so tight we almost forgot how to make 3-pt-turns. We regularly go on rough dirt roads to hiking spots, but still zero problems after 40,000+ mls. Fuel economy is as advertised. With our rough driving, we get 28-30mpg city and 34-36mpg hwy. But when we try to drive for fuel economy we get 42mpg hwy. First, we hated the center-mounted display, but now we love it, and hate normal cars where the steering wheel can block displays. This is not a Prius - its an economy car! It's noisy, has firm seats, and power windows are optional for us cost conscience buyers.

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy; Center-Mounted Display; Tight Turning Radius; Stereo System; Abundant Storage Compartments and Cupholders; Adequate Acceleration; Large Trunk Space when Back Seat is Down; Adequate Leg Room (I'm 6'2").

Suggested Improvements

It's noisy at high speed, but fixing it would drive up price and cost fuel economy. The two main cupholders in front of the vents can make annoying rattling if left open without a full drink, but are quiet when closed. It'd be nice if adjustable steering column could go one inch lower.

great car
By dean wilson

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It's a great little car. Plenty of pickup and cruises comfortable at 75 mph. It's very responsive, great maneuverability, and runs great like all Toyotas.

It just doesn't die !
By sheeep

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I did research,found Yaris was the 1st reliable car among all(2 issues/100 cars,Camry or Accord with less than 20 while Impala with 60 some).I bought the cheapest one available in the area with 86k miles in 2009(29k mile/year average !!!) with no hesitation.I AM A HAPPY CAMPER ! I am racing the heck out of it and have 130k miles by now.It just refuses to DIE.It's incredibly peppy like Edmund said. With a DROP-IN K&N air filter,80mph in a blink and 110mph is not a dream.Mine got 29.8/35.7mpg.The car is surprisingly spacious inside. NO repair at all so far, just belt and oil.And I don't see any engine downgrade yet. Not even a vibration while moving.

Favorite Features

Dash cup holder keeps me on the road while getting my drink and driving Very fun to drive. Cheap to maintain. No steering fluid (electronic steering system instead). No clutch fluid (shared with brake fluid).

Suggested Improvements

Road noise. This is not about the car itself. It's just insulation. They are so cheap on putting insulation in the car.(I ripped all plastic panel inside, so I know !) Head rests are stupidly designed.

Love it!
By Jess

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had mine for 6 months, and it's a great car. Easy to drive, and sits high enough in the interior so I don't feel like I'm driving a small car. I've taken it on one long distance trip, and it was very comfortable for 4 people. I'm averaging about 33 MPG commuting in the city. Lots of fun to drive, and parking is a breeze. People constantly stop to check it out, and I've been surprised at the amount of cargo it can hold with the fold-down seats. I traded in my Camry for the Yaris, and don't regret it for a second. It's simply a fun little car!

Favorite Features

Several people hate the cup holders, but I love them. The placement in front of the air vents actually keeps my drink cool! Might be a problem for coffee, though. The gas mileage and seat height are great, absorbs road bumps with ease. Lots of storage for such a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Paint chips easily.

Spunky little car!
By robbadobba82

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used last year with 118,000 miles on it. It was a one-owner car. It's pretty basic but at least has A/C. I plan on pushing it over 200k miles which should be easy to do. It's a Toyota! A blast to drive with a stick shift. Enough performance to be zippy around town and the MPG's make me smile. Great car for the money. Sometimes I want something with more options but then I realize, this car is what it is. It's simple, no nonsense, it gets me from A to B and I have fun doing it. Gonna be hard to let it go if it ever dies. Love Love Love! Oh, also does great in Michigan Winters!

Favorite Features

Manual Gearbox Size (Fits into ANY parking space) Hatchback Fold Down Seats Decent Sound System A/C

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little lower stance. I know it's not a race car but after driving in my car, my wife's Honda Civic feels like I'm sitting in a hole.