Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Would Buy Again Easily!
By SB

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

After over four years of ownership, this is a great car all around. I've driven this car through mountains, snow and floods and still after 44,000 mi, the engine and everything else still runs like it did when it rolled off the showroom floor. Acceleration is nothing special, but it's ample to get on the highway and keep up with traffic. I usually average about 34 mpg with mostly city driving, 42 mpg is the absolute most in my experience. Storage is never a problem even on long trips with a dog kennel in the back and being 6'2 I have plenty of headroom and legroom (maybe not so for rear passengers). If you're a no frills person looking for reliability and function, Yaris is a great choice.

Proven engine reliability. I also enjoy the handling around curves. Not a lot of body roll, stiff and holds the road very well, even in adverse conditions. It's one of the last few cars where you actually feel connected to the road with no ESC, sound dampening and other nonsense for lazy drivers.

Seats are a little hard for long rides (200 mi+), but this isn't a touring car. I wish the windshield was a little taller as I have to duck often at red lights.

The Future
By dikran

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car. No power complaints and I have driven t-birds and a range rover but then it's a stick. At 55,000 and still get low 40s mpg on the Highway and mid 30 in town. I love the design interior. And with the fuel situation being what it might be this is a great great car. Fifth in mileage and the top four are hybrids. Drive regularly up and down East Coast in great comfort so no idea what strange driving position is all about. So learn to drive a stick, i.e. real driving, and welcome to the future

Central panel. Cup holders. Speed.

Nil

Better Choices in Sub-Compact Market
By xoquixxoqafxo

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car in March 2007 to get something more fuel efficient, I regret it today because I should have went with a 2007 Honda Civic LX which i looked at but choose this because it was 14,500 out the door and the civic was 17,000 out the door. I should have spend the extra 2500 because I am considering selling it and getting a Civic LX-S right now. Gas Mileage is the only strong point, average around 32 MPG combined, have gotten 40 on the hwy but its difficult because the 4 SPD Auto allows the engine to buzz away at 3k at 60 mph. Has crummy handling and unresponsive steering. Honda fit was way more fun to drive with the utility of a hatchback. Its been reliable but that's it.

Gas Mileage, Easy to Park, Reliable, Cute

Sloppy Handling and Steering, Noisy on Hwy (all you hear is engine, road, and wind noise) Seat uncomfortable (100 mile drives and I feel exhausted), No Power (however, most economy cars are slow), Cheap Interior (fit and finish issues), Toyota, you need to make fun cars again.

37 Miles to the gallon
By pwrbrain78

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am very analytical and chose my Yaris based on reviews and talking with Toyota employees and a lot of research. I have found the car to be extremely well built and have literally had no problems with it, (knock on wood). The warranty just ran out so we will see if it does stand the test of time. I was driving quite far everyday and driving about 70/30 highway and getting (even w/ the A/C on) about 36-37 mpg with the Yaris and it's an automatic. I am a bit of a lead foot too. So I would recommend this to anyone looking for a reliable, efficient and cost effective car. Keep it maintained and it should last no problem.

The small glove box on the drivers side, too small for much but easy to get important things.

Make a hybrid model. Make the front seat bigger and back a bit smaller. I'm almost 6' tall, if I were any taller I couldn't drive the car.

Solid Car
By mbender

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Yaris 3 years ago to upgrade from an old, fuel-guzzling Dodge Dakota. In the three years I've owned, there have been no major repairs, no problems, only standard maintenance. My gas mileage has ranged anywhere from 34-40 mpg.

Accessible side cup holders. Spacious interior for size of car. Trunk space. Fuel economy is amazing.

Acceleration is weak. Safety ratings are low, but that's to be expected with such a compact car. Never had an accident with it, so no experience with safety ratings.