2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Yaris is best overall buy for a vehicle
By bfergalicious on 05/02/10 01:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Yaris is great car for someone who is going to be driving in the car 90% of the time by themselves. Excellent real world fuel economy if you do not drive with a heavy foot. Very low maintenance if you take of this vehicle, it will take care of you. the car is very peppy on the road, but the location of the beverage holders in front of the vents is annoying. Great bang for the buck. Have almost 70,000 miles and im just getting started. will keep this yaris for the next 20 years. This car is better than a hybrid because you get excellent fuel economy,dependability and low maintenance costs and don't have to pay premium to get that with yaris. i love my yaris

Yuri the Yaris
By 2007 Yaris on 03/26/10 12:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love li'l Yuri the Yaris . 61,000 miles and no problems. the light is on for abs braking system. Changed the brake pads -- guess I will need to take Yuri to the Toyota Dealer to shut off the light. there are blind spots on the post --easy to get into an accident -- but I have never been hit -- I am a careful driver. the trunk rubber seal is out whack . No big deal. this car has been fun to drive and has has excellent gas mileage since I bought it in 5/2006. When I look at other cars on the market I think yes those are cool BUT you can't beat the gas mileage

my great friend in the highway!
By The traveler on 03/07/10 16:20 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have this Yaris since 08/2007 and by fun and pleasure I have traveled the 48 states of USA but Alaska, so far, in this car. I am going to let you know something about this little vehicle: I cannot complain at all about it. I have made 6 trips in order to cover all the USA and, as far as mechanical problems is concerned, nothing has happened to it. It has at this point in time 75,000 mi on it, and I have not even had the need to change neither brakes or clutch. It runs perfect, so far. Since I got it (0 mi) I have been changing oil every 3000 miles, not 5000 ones like the dealerships advice. Hopefully, if you have one of these toys do not let the opportunity of enjoying it go. Just do it.

Long Term Review
By CJH on 10/22/09 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned the Yaris since it first came out in July of 2006. Mechanically speaking, this car has been perfect. Never had a problem with 45k miles on it. That being said, this car has serious faults in other aspects. 1) The interior quality is abysmal. I've had a dash rattle for 3 years now that 3 dealerships have been unable to fix. My window roller broke within 3 months, and the trunk has had issues with sounds and closing. 2) This car failed me in the snow, spinning out and nearly getting seriously wrecked. 3) Over time you feel claustrophobic in here. 4) Jumpy acceleration is unpredictable from a stop, sometimes hurting my neck, or almost hitting other cars. 5) Serious lack of power.

Two happy years of driving
By "S" on 09/07/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Above all other niceties the mpg- factor is tops by far. After six round trips from Florida to NJ and one 4,500- mile trip to NE, the average highway mph is much better than advertised: 44 mph on mostly interstate driving, using regular (10% ethane) 85 octane gasoline, air conditioning on constantly. Local efficiency is steady at 33/34 mpg. Long distance driving is comfortable, surprisingly large baggage room. However, the center mounted instrument panel is irritating now as is was the first day I drove this otherwise wonderful little car!

Best car and so reliable
By marie on 06/05/09 13:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have been so happy with this car especially the fantastic mileage that I am getting. On long distance trips, I have figured that I get 50 miles to the gallon. I feel very safe and secure in this car and the maintenance has been insignificant. Just changing oil and the basics. I drive a great deal and it is wonderful in the winter weather. I will definitely stay with the Yaris.

Love it...
By tony on 05/21/09 15:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I will recommend a Yaris, fun to drive, good on fuel economy and the sedan has more interior space along with trunk space. I was lucky to get my car with a body kit and alloy wheels at a low selling cost. I do miss a few more interior storage area for the back seats. A big Toyota fan!!..also have a Tacoma pre-runner..love it too.

Good First Car
By Trippmatic on 04/03/09 12:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

While I haven't had my vehicle long enough to warrant an in depth review, thus far it has been a pleasure to drive and very good on fuel. I will not remark on its reliability except to say that it has 26000 miles on it so far and no reported maintenance other than tire repair and replacement. It is a great economy car, perhaps the best, when considering cost of maintenance, cost to drive, looks, ease of operation, and the fact that it is a Toyota.

You get what you buy
By louie on 02/02/09 20:01 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Its a nice little car. Great for small family or single folks. I had to get rid of it less than two years with it. The odometer, gas reading, dials etc in the middle is just too weird. Not very strong engine. Cup holders are one size and wrong spot to have it. Auxiliary plug is on passengers side. Too difficult too reach when on drivers side. Seats are uncomfortable and hard. Miles per gallon are 33 with city and highway. Side compartment storage in front too deep and thin.

Dances in the Wind
By yara on 01/23/09 08:18 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Loved my Yaris. Cute, small, easy to park anywhere, and easy to drive. Fit a very tall family of four fine. Only problem was that it got blown all over the road when it was windy. Not a problem in places with little wind, but here, especially in snow or ice with wind, it was a problem. It was totaled this weekend (hit in the front driver side tire at about 30 mph), but I (the driver) was not injured.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.