2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Definitely a vehicle worth owning
By Wyolincoln on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We have owned numerous small cars over the years. The Yaris 2D HB is overall an excellent small car. For its size, it rides well, handles decent, does well in winter (with good tires), has a functional and comfortable interior, is easy to service (oil changes) and the exterior looks good. This is our first Toyota and in spite of the negative press Toyota has received lately, this car has never failed us. We bought this car used with 13,000 miles on it. We now have just over 40,000 miles on it after almost two years. We average 36 MPG in winter and 40 MPG in summer. Mostly driven on country roads with some city/town driving.

Little Workhorse
By JAD on 02/10/10 22:43 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I work in TV in LA and this car has been a great worker. I love zipping around in this little car in the city.I say little but it doesn't feel that way until you go to park it.It's built tall so it feels as spacious and has all the cup holders & storage space of a large car, but with the ease of parking and turning of a small car. I've read complaints about the center mounted dash...all I can say is "Get back on your rascal Grampa!" This car has great storage, great gas mileage, and can comfortably(YES) fit 4 adults (5 in a a pinch). It even handled admirably on snow when I went to Mt High today.I wish I had the 40/60 seats and cruise control but otherwise the Yaris is perfect.

wow
By leanne_ on 01/21/10 14:53 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am so in love with this car. I drive an hour back and forth to work five days a week and only spend about $25/week on gas. It's comfortable, reliable, snazzy, and perfect for city driving/parking. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Frill Free, But Utterly Dependable.
By Arkahoma on 12/18/09 02:43 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We were interested only in dependability and economy, this car met all expectations, and more. Has surprising zip and a turning radius so tight we almost forgot how to make 3-pt-turns. We regularly go on rough dirt roads to hiking spots, but still zero problems after 40,000+ mls. Fuel economy is as advertised. With our rough driving, we get 28-30mpg city and 34-36mpg hwy. But when we try to drive for fuel economy we get 42mpg hwy. First, we hated the center-mounted display, but now we love it, and hate normal cars where the steering wheel can block displays. This is not a Prius - its an economy car! It's noisy, has firm seats, and power windows are optional for us cost conscience buyers.

Awsome Car
By Old Man on 12/11/09 20:03 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 Yaris Hatchback and never had any problems with this car. I've owned about 13 cars now... some new and some used...I'm only 28 but I love cars. Drove VW's all my life but had too many problems. Needed a new car and tried the yaris. I love this car...it looks cool ..drives great (I get about 35-42 mpgs) how can you beat that. it's simple and clean...even though the windows are manual and locks.. they'll never break!.. you get used to the speed of it..it's slow but fun to drive. No tachometer.. but if you know how to drive .. you never look at the tach anyways..I recommend the car in white makes it look pricier...it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. I give it an 8/10.

Exactly what I wanted
By Eric on 09/21/09 10:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really appreciate the maneuverability of this car. (It's great for parking.) It's fun on curves and stable on the highway. I haven't had any bad experiences with wind gusts, etc. It's not a sports car, and I'm fine with that. The reliability and economic fuel consumption are what I was after. I couldn't be happier.

One of the best cars I've ever owned!!
By Gaki on 09/21/09 08:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my '07 Yaris for just over 3 years now and I must say it has to be one of the best cars I've owned!! Not only does it get around 27 mpg around town, but the maintenance costs are very small. The only maintenance I put in were oil changes, new set of tires at 40k, new air filter, and new front window blades in order to pass last inspection. So far, the car hasn't given me any problems and is truly fun to drive. It has enough pick-up and handles well in all weather conditions. I highly recommend this vehicle if you are on a budget like I am. I feel that the Toyota Yaris is perfect given what I paid for it!

Baby blue
By hot in arizona on 09/19/09 09:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Brought it used in June. My grandkids were with me and we named it Baby Blue. It's a great little car. Went on a 1300 mile trip to California. Baby blue performed great. Went up mountains with no trouble; A/C was great. Seats are very comfortable. It drives like a bigger car. Lots of room for luggage. The radio was best of all the small cars I have owned.

Great on Gas, Poor on Reliability
By mrack on 09/17/09 12:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I average 32mpg in city per tank, 40mpg pure highway driving. Ample storage. Enough power to get you moving. Throttle response varies from 0.2 sec (noticeable, but on par with other DBW cars) to well OVER a second on warm days (omg what is wrong w/ my car). Variable means you can't adapt to it because it changes. This causes premature clutch wear because rev-matching for downshifts cannot be done reliably. Toyota will not warranty clutch repair no matter how few miles. Mine is still holding on, but it has developed a shudder at 20k miles... it's just a matter of time. No tach available on the manual hatchback. I'm on my 3rd factory MP3 stereo.

We now have three, this was our first
By Page on 08/25/09 11:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little car. We get 39mpg with this one. Very roomy interior, more so than the Corolla we traded in. No problems encountered, has enough power accessories too and the ipod plug to keep the teenagers happy with the car. Can't find anything wrong, priced right for quality!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.