Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

No Buyer's Remorse!!
By Kevin

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We love our Yaris, we are absolutely 100% pleased, Usually with big purchases we have some buyer's remorse, but we are totally at peace with this purchase. It looks great, gets great mileage, fits all four of us comfortably with plenty of room in the trunk for luggage.

Favorite Features

I like the looks, the price that we bought it for, the gas mileage, and the sound system is also pretty good. I also like how much room we have inside.

Suggested Improvements

None really.

I love my new Yaris!
By trisarahtops22

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

About 2 weeks ago I got my new red Yaris! I know I havent had it that long, but so far I love it. It handles really well, it's fun to drive and it looks great! I love the design.

Favorite Features

I went from a '90 cavalier to this car, so pretty much everything is my favorite! I enjoy how all the gauges are in the center, not behind the steering wheel. It's very unique! I also really like the storage compartment between the 2 front seats, it's very handy.

Suggested Improvements

The only things I would change is the cup holders are right in front of 2 of the air vents. When I have a drink sitting there, it blocks the A/C! Also the AUX jack is kind of in an akward spot, and is hard to get the plug in. Once it is plugged in though, there's no problem.

Yaris is Nice
By KP

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Yaris for about 2 weeks know. I love the middle gauges because now I don't have to look through the steering wheel to see them. I got 34 mpg for first two tanks. The steering wheel is a little cheesy looking. I got every option offered and so far so good. Don't like that there is no place to put change or your cell phone or that the cup holders when you put a cup in them block the A/C vent. That won't work when it is 95 degrees outside. The outside of the car I love. As for acceleration, I have a manual so it has done pretty good. I drive on a major highway to work and it keeps up with all the other cars at 80 mph. Plus it's a Toyota so it is going to last.

Favorite Features

Exterior look, middle gauges, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Change steering wheel to one more modern. Maybe with radio buttons and cruise control buttons on the wheel. Offer a sunroof and 6 disc changer with better quality speakers, maybe bose.

Great gas mileage & fun to drive!
By MC

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I expected the great gas mileage (I'm getting 35 pretty routinely and 38-40 on long trips), but the advertising doesn't tell you how much fun it is to drive! You sit up high - feels a little like an SUV in this regard - so road visibility is great. This thing turns on a dime, so you can zip in and out of really tight spots. Mine is a standard (5 sp) transmission, so pickup (even with the AC running) is a non-issue. Good passenger room (I have the 4-door.) Safety issue: there is a HUGE blind spot between the rt. rear passenger window and the back window - you really MUST use the passenger-side mirror to see what's coming up behind you on the rt. side.

Favorite Features

Driver's seat sits you up higher than in many bigger cars. Interior room and trunk room are both unexpectedly generous for such a small car. Steering is steady and straight. Turning radius unbelievable.

Suggested Improvements

RPMs increase audibly with each upshift! Toyota calls this "normal", but it's never happened in any other 5sp I've owned and wastes gas! Need better cupholder placement and space for small change. Replace plastic hubcaps. Fix rear rt. side blind spot. Upgrade cheap upholstery - it shows all lint!

Best value at proven reliability.
By Jeff

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Timing couldn't be more perfect. In the small cars category, Toyota brought a Europe-proven model to the US market and beats the rest in the category for value and reliability with fuel efficiency, kick in the drive and my 4-door sedan Yaris is the biggest small car at this price! Even driving at my high speed average of 82 mph on highway commute, fuel efficiency is still at good 37 mpg.