2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews 16

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Brand New But It's going to LAST
By Mark Markgraf on 06/22/06 14:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had the car for a about a month... but I'm completely happy. It's very gas efficient, gets alot of looks from passerbys. Has a peppy engine. And it's actually fun to drive. I love this car.

Smart - "For Two", Step Aside
By Nihilist on 06/20/06 15:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had been holding off purchasing a car until the arrival of the Smart, "For Two" into the US. No longer. I ordered my hatchback last month and it showed up yesterday. Fun is the best way to describe it. Clean, simple interior and cute exterior. The hatch is not a family car, but for me and my wife it's perfect.

Excellent Subcompact
By Sean on 06/19/06 06:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

At first, I was taken back by how small this car is. But, when I climbed inside I was amazed at how much interior room there is. The center console is different, but once you get used to it, it's actually more convenient than peering through the steering wheel like most cars. The car corners very well and is surprisingly resistant to being blown around on the highway (for a subcompact anyway). Toyota managed to get the price down by making features optional that come standard on other cars, so expect to pay more than the base MSRP (but it's worth it). Availability is limited in 2006, so you may have to be patient if you're picky about options. Great car; would buy again!

Good car (just good, not great)
By New york city gal on 06/15/06 14:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

So my last car was a Honda Accord. I know its not fair to judge this car based on my past vehicle but Im pretty sure that is why I'm not wholly astounded. I find this car to be quite bumpy on the road (as expected from such a small lightweight car), & I truly hate the brakes. I feel like the car is almost out of control when braking. When driving on a bumpy road I feel like I'm riding a bike on a cobblestone road. Maybe I'm not used to it but I've been driving it for 2 weeks already. Car sounds like a tank when accelerating, and really can't keep up with other cars. Overall, I expected better but its still not a bad car. And for the price & toyota name I really can't complain.

Bigger inside than out
By cosado on 06/12/06 17:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My other vehicle is a Land Cruiser and this is the perfect complement to it. I am constantly thinking of reasons to run errands so that I can drive it. I ordered the liftback without even driving it because of it's looks and my confidence in Toyota build quality and it didn't disappoint. I've driven almost 350 miles and I'm still waiting for the gas meter to reach the bottom bar. A very nimble car with good power, whether I'm alone or with my wife and kids. By the way, the Yaris was a hugh success with my 8 and 9 year old kids!

LOVE IT!!!!
By w0lfgh0st on 05/27/06 19:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I needed to replace my Echo and this is the perfect car for anyone. It's surprisingly sporty in the manual and is far more comfortable than it looks like it would be. I couldn't be happier! Plus, it's a Toyota, so you know you're getting something good!

The Yar-mobile
By jsmale on 05/25/06 15:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Dubbed "The Yar-mobile" by co-workers, everyone including myself is surprised by the amount of room in this hatchback. Going from a Ford Explorer to the Yaris I feel quite comfortable, however my hauling days are over. After my first fillup I get 35.2 MPG city only driving. This car has met all my expectations! I couldn't imagine spending less than $20K (CAD) and getting more bang for the buck in any other vehicle. This is my first Toyota and I am very impressed.

Adult-Sized Slot Car
By Lou & Sue on 05/11/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We now have 600+ miles on our loaded liftback. Both wife and I are impressed with it's comfort, handling and design. We have mostly stick-shift cars over last 35 yrs, including 3 ALFAS & a Ford Fiesta. This car is similar to the Fiesta, and gets thru the turns as good as the Alfas, maybe better. Have not pushed the engine or brakes yet, but appears they will do quite well. Only 1/2 way thru 2nd tank of gas; got 35.5 MPG on first tank. It gets lots of looks on the road.

My Wife Loves It!
By Rick S on 05/10/06 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a great little car! We sold her 2004 Prius to get this one. She was not getting to take advantage of the gas mileage on the Prius for the payment we were paying. So I sold it on ebay for $3000 more than we owed and bought the Yaris. What a deal. The payment was half and the mileage is about the same as she was getting. And the insurance is less. Plus, in 48 months the car will be paid for, just in time for our youngest to take it to college! The oldest get my Prius. lol The Yaris is very fun to drive I like to drive it when I get the chance.

The perfect ride!
By linda jonke on 05/10/06 14:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have several cars, a newer Corvette & a 05 Jeep. With the gas prices & my husbands long comute we went looking for a more economical car. This is the perfect car. At 6'2" and 215 my husband is not a small guy, he loves this car! At first everyone teased him at work, now everyone one wants one. He loves the power, the solidness & everyone knocks on our door at home & wants to know what it is! My husband wears a suit to work. The other day, 5 large guys in suits paged him to the parking lot & were sitting in the car just to prove you could fit car! He loves open window air & this is the first car he has owned that he can open the window and there is no noise or wind. Toyota has a winner.