2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews 15

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
AWESOME!!!!!!
By maggie on 07/25/06 05:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am thrilled with my Yaris!! It is stylish, comfortable, fun to drive and economical! Of course, with gas prices being what they are these days I wouldn't mind being able to claim about 10 miles per gallon more than what I am now recording. However, 38/39 m.p.g. on the freeways and 32/33 m.p.g. in-town driving isn't too shabby considering it's the summer months and I'm driving with the air-conditioner on full blast! I think I got a great deal on my 2007 Yaris.

Better than a hybrid
By boen on 07/24/06 21:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

At nearly 40 mpg this car is a commuters dream. If the steering wheel were two inches further away from the dash it would be perfectly comfortable for a tall guy like myself. All else is great.

Loving the Yaris
By SFDriver on 07/23/06 14:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my quirky black Yaris liftback for about three months now, and I couldn't be happier. The first couple tanks of gas worried me, because I wasn't getting the mileage I expected, but since then it's been great, between 32 and 40 mpg depending on the mix of driving I'm doing at any given time. I love the styling inside and especially out. Even for an hour-long commute, which I sometimes have to do, the ride is quite comfortable for such a small car. The seats are perfectly comfortable for me. The steering and acceleration are very responsive, which make it fun to drive, not what I expected for such an economical price.

Love the Yaris Liftback
By bws2 on 07/22/06 03:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a terrific small car that is fuel efficient and easy to handle... great for parking in snug spots. Has lots of hidden storage and is very roomy for its size. This car turns heads and is fun to drive. The negative to this car is the engine runs loud, especially at about 45-60 mph ~ but then at higher or lower speeds it has a nice comfortably low engine sound... it just takes getting used to. The seats are very comfortable and made to be supportive. I love the instrument panel being in the center and often wonder why it being behind the steering wheel never bothered me all those years ~ it is actually very user friendly. This is a great affordable car IF you can find one on a lot!

I Love my Blazing Blue Yaris Liftback!!
By Michael on 07/17/06 18:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I fell in love with the Liftback when I test-drove it in May 2006. I ordered the 2007 Yaris Liftback automatic transmission in Blazing Blue with the All Weather and Convenience Packages. It ended up coming with an armrest and rear bumper protector too. I took almost 2 months to get here but was well worth the wait. With my first tank of gas I averaged 42 mpg (about 75% highway/25% local driving.) I find that it is zippy to drive,accelerates well to get onto highways with ease. The controls are easy to operate.The center instrument panel is no trouble.The seating is very comfortable. You sit uphigh and feel like you are in an SUV. I love my Yaris!!

This is my 15 year car!
By Jason on 07/14/06 10:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 2 days and love it. I am 62 tall, and I fit in the back seat fine, I own the car of course so drive in it. The car is zippy. I call it my little Buzz Buzz. No problem in corners, acceleration is nice (I have the 5 speed manual) and I do not think the price can be beat. It is everything the Echo should have been (and could have been since it shares the platform with the Echo and the Scion xA). For weighing less than 2300 lbs, it does not feel terribly light, but I have not driven it in a wind storm yet. I commute about 30 miles a day and no problems. The interior build quality is fantastic! Not to mention I get 3 glove boxes, a little waste bin, and 5 cup holders.

Just Right
By Toyota4ever on 06/29/06 12:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

When I first saw this car, I figured there was no way my 6'2" son was gonna fit in it. Not only does he fit comfortably, but he has more room in the Yaris than in my Prius. This is a great car for a college kid: inexpensive, fuel efficient, and not big enough to haul his buddies everywhere. I was very impressed with the quality of this car. Unlike most compacts, it has doors with the depth of most full- size cars. When I was in college I owned a 1982 Toyota Tercel. This car reminds me a lot of that vehicle. With gas prices only going up, this car made too much sense for me to pass up when choosing a car for my son.

This is a great little car
By Lauren on 06/27/06 13:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought one for my daughter in college. I liked it so much I bought another one for my daughter in high school. The combination of the low cost, fuel efficiency, design, build quality, and Toyota reliability made this choice a no brainer.

Love my new Yaris
By Florence Hanlon on 06/22/06 23:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my new Yaris. It has given me great mileage, actually going more than the promised 39mpg, closer to 41 or 42. I have had it about a month to the day, and have only had to fill it up twice, have put more than 400 miles on it. I would like to know however if the safety tests have been done yet on it. I bought it because I had such good success with my first car, a Toyota Celica, and so I trust Toyota, and so far, have found nothing to complain about. I especially like that the "hump" in the dashboard is in the middle, rather than on the drivers side, obstructing my view. Would still like to know safety rating.

Good enough for me...
By rodnreel on 06/22/06 15:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, good on gas, the doors slam like a big car. :-) What more could you want?