2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
What Fun!!!
By Jenny on 08/22/06 15:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Got my baby a few weeks ago. Getting over 40 miles to the gallon, mixed freeway and town driving. Fun, fun, fun, cute, cute, cute. Surprisingly, lots of space inside, feels very roomy. It is very zippy, corners well. Sound system is great, very handy to plug my MP3 player in. No more carting around my CD case. I got a red one. I actually wanted blue, but the little critters are so hard to find. Plus, they sell the moment they are put on the lot. Great buy for the money, plus the Toyota name. I highly recommend this car.

Traded in my Mini Cooper for a Yaris!
By Scott on 08/20/06 02:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded a 2005 MiniCooper S for this car. I have no regrets. It's not a Mini, but it's alot closer than you might think. Handling is very good. Manual tranny gives it lots of pep. I LOVE all the nooks (3 glove boxes!). It looks great. Fits 4 adults, no problem (plus suitcases in the 'trunk'). I'd recommend this to anyone.

Excellent, Intelligent Choice
By Jenn on 08/19/06 14:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Yaris Hatchback in the end of May 2006. Thus far, I love it. Easy to drive, and much more room than you would think by looking at it. If you are comparing this vehicles to others, don't just look at reviews, go out and test drive this car. The mileage is great and I always have people rolling down their windows and asking how many miles I get to the gallon. Overall, I would give this car a 10 out of 10.

New odd car
By Dale on 08/19/06 12:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Well, I just bought the odd car 2 days ago so the above evaluation is probably premature but accurate for as long as I had the car! I traded my Tacoma in, and I've always had a truck, and at age 56, this is a new experience! I wanted the smallest, ugliest great gas mileage vehicle I could afford... and bingo... here's the Yaris! Roomy inside, plenty of pep, and fun, yes, fun to drive. I have the 5 speed, and it's a riot to drive! Only drove it approximately 125 miles so far, but it looks like that will cost me around 10 bucks to fill up. Whew! I was getting tired of always looking at the gas gauge. And the Tacoma was a 4 cylinder getting around 20 mpg! Don't like the daytime driving lights, though.

Yaris rocks
By sarah2037 on 08/19/06 10:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I went out just to look at the car and drove away in it. I couldn't resist it. The car is hip, stylish and gets great mileage. Don't be fooled by the size, it can still fit 4 comfortable and the back seats move so easily for extra storage.

My Best Buy
By Jose E. Felix on 08/19/06 06:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Toyota car, after my Runner '95, Tercel '98, Corolla '03. Driving it is a lot of fun! It's smooth on the road, the engine is quite silent and powerful when needed. Because of its size, it's really easy to park, even in the smallest of places. You can go anywhere comfortably and the seats give lots of options. It's roomy and modern.

Style, Comfort and Drive
By Tyler on 08/18/06 15:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The fit and finish on my liftback was better than expected (even for a Toyota). The doors sound firm and heavy when shut. I am a long time Honda owner (6 total). I think I just converted. The seats are quite comfortable for what is described as entry level. They have enough side stability to keep you in place around tight turns. I fit two- 220+ lb, 6 ft adults in the back seat for an hour ride with no problem. The manual transmission is very responsive and sounds like it should be driven at a higher rpm in 2nd and 3rd compared to what I expected (a tach would be nice). Freeway on ramp acceleration with the manual is quite good. You can u turn on a residential street with feet to spare.

Gas saver
By Brian on 08/10/06 23:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car, first tank from dealer, got 401 miles, wasnt sure how many gal they had put in, but with a 11.1 gal tank I knew I was close to 40 mpg. Let the last bar start flashing before I filled tank, drove 5 miles while it flashed, stuffed 10.6 gal in the tank and took off, I work a midnight shift which is an advantage with traffic, as in I rarely have to stop. 100 mile round trip, lite traffic, and this tank I did not use this A.C. keep that in mind, kept it as close to speed limit as possible, very rare to go over 70 mph, this car love to go 60 mph, anyway I made one tire pressure adjustment from 29 lbs (dealer) to 35 lbs. Drove the 10.6 gals for 449 miles for 42.3 mpg. Love it!

Best Car Ever!
By kilasumowrestler on 07/30/06 12:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great first new car. Gas and insurance friendly.

Yaris
By Chris on 07/29/06 07:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good example of Toyota quality for a reasonable entry level price. In this day of increasing fuel prices this is an exccellent commuter car. My car has 15" tires and the ride is considerably better than one would imagine with a small car. The back seats slide fore and aft to create either more leg room, or more cargo room, a nice feature at any price point. A/C is standard and the electric power steering is the best yet. For those who care, you can connect your iPod to the center console. It takes a little getting used to to have a center gauge stack, but the resultant three gloveboxes are worth it. The EPA sticker is accurate, which is nice for a change!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.