Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

My Wonderful Car
By woele

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I went for the 2 door hatchback, manual, convenience package only. I was looking for a cheap, brand new car, and I got more than I ever thought I would. Being the most basic package, there's not a whole lot of extra safety features, but I almost feel like I don't need them. Handling is excellent; it is as responsive as I figured for a 106 hp engine. The interior doesn't feel cheap and I enjoy all of the extra compartments. Everyone who has gotten in it for the first time is amazed at how much room there really is. Everything I brought down with me for school fit in the Yaris (bed, desks, a bike, shelves, etc). Highly recommended for someone looking for a new, cheap car that's great to drive.

Fuel economy: though I've only gotten above the rated fuel economy once (40.06 mpg), my average so far is right around 37 mpg. I love the feeling of buying 6 gallons of gas and knowing I'm set for a couple of weeks. Surprising amount of space, especially with the seats folded down.

I'm not a fan of the daytime driving lights. Cup holders in the door can impair rolling the window up/down. Headrests are angled too far forward. Unconventional door locks make it hard to open when you lock your keys in the car. (Oops!) The material for the panels between windows can age quickly.

Baby Yaris
By barkpr

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car about a year now and the love affair continues. Got the 2 door hatchback. I still cannot believe that Toyota could put this style, comfort and reliability together at this price range. Every day it's vroom when I start the engine, I actually feel like I am driving a much bigger car or even an suv when I am behind the wheel, great visibility and have been averaging about 38 miles per gallon. It is peppy as hell and my wife says it is cute. Highly recommend to all who want great dependability, great gas mileage and "cute" style at a great price.

The pep and styling.

Drink holders hinder opening the window.

The Opinion
By Howard's Yaris

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome ride for a small car. Comfort is quite nice. It did take some time to get used to the controls being in the center of console. The mileage is second to none... 30s in the city and near 40 mpg on the highway. For the price, it is an awesome buy.

The gas mileage.

Expand the two-door hatch to a four-door hatch.

charlielisha's Yaris
By charlielisha

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car! Very fun to drive. We used to drive a Chevy Aveo, since I test drove a Yaris I traded in the Aveo right away. The Yaris is more stable, quiet, more hp and very fun to drive. The best is its fuel efficiency (40MPG).

Very affordable, fuel efficiency and made in Japan!

Hoping they can make a four dr hatchback.

Great for the money
By kevin sheldrick

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent small car for back and forth to work and on trips . Great on gas. I get a lot of ribbing from co-workers but laugh all the way past the gas stations.

CD player.

Sun roof and an easier way to remember to turn the headlights on.