2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Economical Fun Car
By Clarence S on 10/10/06 05:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The car is a lot of fun to drive, gives a big car feel on the road and handles great around town. Everything has met my expectations for the vehicle. Gas mileage has been great..

Got YARIS?
By Joanna on 10/07/06 14:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just got the car today straight from Japan, and loved it so much inside and outside that I was not able to part from it and went without food for 7 hours. I was chosing between Chevy Aveo, Nissan Versa and Honda Fit. After long and careful research, I've decided that Toyota Yaris is the most economical and best looking option. I got my Yaris absolutely red, with power package, all weather guard package, keyless entry, ABS, automatic transmission, 60/40 split. I originally ordered blue, but aparently those are harder to get, but once I saw the red I never looked back. I am looking forward to the excelent gas mileage!!

Poor fuel efficiency
By Chris on 09/25/06 13:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this Yaris 2 doors liftback for a restaurant delivery use. So far fuel consumption is not what Toyota states between 34-39. Mine is average 19 MPG. It's half of what it states. This is the only thing I feel bad about it.

Almost Perfect
By BlueLiftback on 09/21/06 18:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

All around awesome car. Easy to park, tons of positive attention everywhere, averaging over 35MPG combined, surprisingly stable at speed, nimble, inexpensive, unique, Toyota build quality... etc...

Here it is!
By Jeff on 09/21/06 18:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a commuter car that was well built, comfortable, good on gas, and I wouldn't be ashamed to drive. I went looking for a Corolla, but when I saw the Yaris, I had to drive it; when I drove it, I had to have it! Good on gas, comfortable, peppy, great visibility, stylish, and fun. Love the five speed. The optional 15 inch tires make for a smooth, stable ride. WIth the AC and a CD player, it's everything I wanted and more! And the price . . . :)

Premature review !
By Dale A. Drottar on 09/18/06 16:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I write a review earlier, immediately after buying the car. Having owned it for a month, the only obvious fault I have experienced with it is the quality of the front part of the seat back on the drivers seat. The polyester cloth has worn/frayed where I enter/exit the vehicle. Apparently my belt and belt loop has worn the cloth on the lower left of the driver's seat. I tried to contact Toyota through the computer help line with no results. The seat was worn with less than 500 miles on the car. I am thin and in good shape, my weigh has nothing to do with the poor quality material being used. Dealership will try and help me, I hope. Rain always drips in the windows, rain shields a must.

Yaris Rules!
By Padrooga1 on 09/15/06 19:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Yaris Liftback, because I needed a car. Shopping around at slightly used cars I decided I could buy a new one (Yaris) for the price of the used. The Yaris was just being introduced and gas prices were rising. Those were big factors for me in purchasing this vehicle. This is my first foreign car that I've ever owned. I also choose a foreign vehicle because of the reliability. I plan to drive this vehicle for many years. The ride is wonderful, I fill the tank 2 times a month. It rides smoothly for a small car and you really feel like your riding in a big car. I also like all the airbags and saftey options this car has!

39MPG - I'm still waiting :)
By Ivan on 09/15/06 12:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Replacement for my '88 Corolla FX HB after it blew up. This automatic 2 dr LB is a perfect commuter car for me - point A to B with no nonsense. Plenty of room-I take it to Costco. Parks almost anywhere and turning radius is awesome. Although pricy,$16K out the door, but I really wanted auto windows & doorlocks. I'm 6'4" and there are very few cars, even full size, that'll accomodate me. In this car my head, legs, knees, and elbows have room to spare. Major complaint - rated at 39MPG yeah right, at 1500 miles I'm only averaging 34 which is great but I only drive freeway with very little stop and go & follow all the recommendations to get better mileage but haven't gotten to 39MPG as others.

Best car in its class
By atlantikia on 08/27/06 20:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

So far i have about 8k miles on my 5 speed Yaris, and I have to say I love it. Nice pick up off the line and a smooth ride. It won't perform like a camry, but it's also half the price. It's the best car you'll find at this price point.

A Bullseye for TOYOTA!!!
By AladdinSane on 08/23/06 10:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove a Yaris Liftback after seeing one parked near my home recently. It's "da bomb", so to speak. I liked what I saw. The one parked nearby was white on white, brand new, and I fell in love with it immediately. I'm aiming to get mine, if I go with it, in Blazing Blue Metallic. My Lady dug it too. It's a winner!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.