Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Awesome little car!
By Sean

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research on this car before buying, and love it! It is fun to drive around, cheap on gas, and with Toyota's name, I'm sure it will be very reliable. I get compliments on it everywhere I go.

Favorite Features

The looks of it, and I really like how all of the gauges are in the center of the dash.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I could get it in a hybrid model.

So Happy I Bought This Car!
By Toni

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Initially, I looked at the '05-'07 Toyota Corollas, but once I test drove the Yaris, I was impressed by the sporty and comfortable driving experience. In my search for this car, I read posts from other owners, and now I am happy to add my very favorable opinion on this car. The purchase of this car is one of my best spending decisions, and likely to be yours once you decide on the model (sport/standard), color and transmission (auto/manual). Overall, it was the multiple tests drives of this car that convinced me to buy a new Yaris instead of the used Corolla.

Favorite Features

I absolutely love the driver's side glove box right above the steering wheel. No more stretching over to the passenger's side for a pen/paper, lipstick, lotion, etc. It's all right there within reach. The other thing I really like is the 60/40 split rear seat. This comes in the power pkg.

Suggested Improvements

Console indicator about what gear car is in. I have the automatic and it would be helpful to know easily w/o looking down at the shifter. No big deal though. There is such an indicator in Sport model. Would be nice to have rear liftback door release from the inside like a trunk open mechanism.

Love it!
By Jess

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had mine for 6 months, and it's a great car. Easy to drive, and sits high enough in the interior so I don't feel like I'm driving a small car. I've taken it on one long distance trip, and it was very comfortable for 4 people. I'm averaging about 33 MPG commuting in the city. Lots of fun to drive, and parking is a breeze. People constantly stop to check it out, and I've been surprised at the amount of cargo it can hold with the fold-down seats. I traded in my Camry for the Yaris, and don't regret it for a second. It's simply a fun little car!

Favorite Features

Several people hate the cup holders, but I love them. The placement in front of the air vents actually keeps my drink cool! Might be a problem for coffee, though. The gas mileage and seat height are great, absorbs road bumps with ease. Lots of storage for such a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Paint chips easily.

Best sub-compact car on the market
By Joan

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We love our Yaris! It consistently gets between 37-42 mpg. It is comfortable on long trips and has plenty of zip going up and down hills and for passing. Both of us are tall and have plenty of space inside with the automatic transmission. Back-seat passengers are surprised with the comfort and leg room. With the hatchback, we're able to carry large items with no difficulty. Our Yaris is our favorite all-time car!

Favorite Features

Design of car, storage and drink areas, space when back seat is down, exceptional gas mileage, instrument location.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel position and adjustments.

Well worth the investment
By Kevin Sheldrick

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Yaris hatchback in April 07. Have put 7500 miles on it already. Have had four people in it comfortably. Love it. My wife cannot wait for the Toyota Ractis, a very similar car to the Yaris, to be offered in the U.S.

Favorite Features

Cupholders and compartments.

Suggested Improvements

A distinction between the daytime lights and the headlights. Forget about the headlights once in a while which causes no rear lights. Could also use a sunroof option.