Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

92K Yari
By Cim Xaneau

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

IF you are an xperienced driver who doesn't get into accidents regularly...this is a great car! I WOULD NOT LET MY KIDS DRIVE THIS CAR! I'm the original owner of my '07 Yaris with ZERO maintenance issues. I change the oil & oil filters reg using only synthetics. I compressed aired my air filter clean at 90k. I changed the manual trans fluid, also used synthetic. I find the engine responds better over 55 mph using synthetics. I tossed my el crapo-factory spare after leaving the dealership and invested in a real spare tire. It takes more trunk space but gives me piece of mind. I change tires as needed. KEEP the front tires with plenty of tread and properly inflated. The rear tires are just along for the ride! On the hwy I can travel 400 miles on a tank. I did remove the relay for daytime running lights. Negatives: no temp guage to tell me if the engine is on it's way $$$ to overheating. It tell's me once it's achieved overheating-red light!!! You may want to undercoat the bottom and the wheel wells to fight rust. Hope to talk again at 190.

The most sensible car purchase ever
By Fabian

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car with 12k miles back in 2009, used and barely broken in but in top condition. I drove it pretty lightly the next few years and pretty much babied it. It has 118k miles now, with 50k of that during what was a very busy and important year for me. The waterpump, alternator, and battery had been replaced from the extreme conditions it endured. Did the spark plugs at 60 and 118k and oil changes every 5-6k. Did the brakes at 110k. All regular maintenance done myself that could be done without too much effort. It's been through a lot but every day it reminds of the reason why I got it. Yes it's noisy, simple, and offers minimal comfort. However, to this day it still gets 40+ mpg easy and is roomy enough to carry tools and materials. It never gives up on me and I'll never give up on it.

Gas guzzlers to this?
By albee213

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I own to many gas guzzlers that are getting old and contant repairs or $70 fillups twice a week and just decided to look at something more effiecient. I found a 07 Liftback with 23k on the odo. Yeah it has nothing but AC but its actualy fun to drive and looks good. I plan on doing a few minor mods to it like installing some insulation under the carpet and doors to reduce noise levels, it isnt too bad but the doors sound very flimsy when you shut them and maybe cruise control. Its powerful enough and I have been running different grades of gas to find the sweet spot, running regular I could hear just a slight tick, running mid grade has made the engine silky smooth. I average 35 mpg.

Great MPG, roomy interior, decent sounding stereo with mp3 and AUX for external players, smooth running engine, bright headlights, giant back seat for a small car.

Adjustable or longer delay for intermitant wipers and intermitant rear wiper, its on or off, kind of annoying. A litte bit of foam padding under the carper and in the doors. Speeder in the right place and all manuals should come standard with Tachometer, just plain wrong to not have one. Maybe just a bit taller in the 5th gear. Clutch is also hard to get used to, I have killed many times while in traffic or at lights and I have driven dozens of manuals, this one has been the hardest to get used to.

The reliable, lovable 2007 Yaris
By nargrakhan

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This was the first car I've personally owned, bought for a flat 13k from the local Toyota dealer. It's been in my possession for exactly seven years, and currently just under 59k miles. I always got an oil change every 5000 miles. Changed tires and engine tune up at 50k. Let me state she NEVER fails me. Be it flooding downpours, heavy snowfalls or gusting hurricanes: the car always pulled through like a champion. Been hit twice at low speeds (once in the front and once in the rear), but after a quick trip to the bodyshop she runs perfect. Both incidents only caused cosmetic bumper damage, as the car itself is far more rugged than she looks. She has spunk. She has spirit. I love her!

The Yaris has great handling and is surprisingly responsive. Combined with the vehicle's small size, I've easily dodged the antics of reckless drivers. On the Interstate it can go over 80 MPH, though it takes a bit of time to get that fast and strains the engine. Going 45 to 55 suits it perfectly. Putting down the rear seats offers a lot of cargo room. Don't expect to fit a fridge or oven in there, but I've gotten a lawnmower, television set, and two dozen bags of yard mulch to fit snug in there (not at the same time of course).

I got the Yaris for it's cheap price, so I can't really complain about what the vehicle lacks. I suppose I wish the instrument dash was closer to the driver side. The designers placed it in the center for some reason. Wasn't a deal killer though.

Spunky little car!
By robbadobba82

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used last year with 118,000 miles on it. It was a one-owner car. It's pretty basic but at least has A/C. I plan on pushing it over 200k miles which should be easy to do. It's a Toyota! A blast to drive with a stick shift. Enough performance to be zippy around town and the MPG's make me smile. Great car for the money. Sometimes I want something with more options but then I realize, this car is what it is. It's simple, no nonsense, it gets me from A to B and I have fun doing it. Gonna be hard to let it go if it ever dies. Love Love Love! Oh, also does great in Michigan Winters!

Manual Gearbox Size (Fits into ANY parking space) Hatchback Fold Down Seats Decent Sound System A/C

Maybe a little lower stance. I know it's not a race car but after driving in my car, my wife's Honda Civic feels like I'm sitting in a hole.