2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
40+ mpg on average in MI
By Cosworth on 07/20/10 12:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car as a commuter, and it's been a great gas-sipping machine. On average, I average 40-42mpg on my commute (90% hwy/ 10% city). It's definitely not as fun as a Civic or Mazda 3, but gas mileage makes up for it. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a no-hassle commuter car that gets just as good, if not better, gas mileage as most hybrids in the market.

2002 Toyota Yaris Sedan
By Phillip on 09/05/08 09:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I originally owned the Toyota Echo, which was truly the best car I ever owned. But I was hit by a red light runner and the car was totaled, I as well as the police and wrecker driver were amazed at the interior compartment, it had no damage at all but the front of the car was completely destroyed. So after that experience with the Echo , I went out and bought the new replacement for the Echo , which was a 2007 Yaris Sedan. The car is basic , because it was bought for my long 94 mile commute to work, but the car has quickly become my wifes favorite car, she always leaves behind her 7 passenger fully loaded SUV to drive my basic 5-speed Yaris, which she absolutely love. We love this car !

Greatness!!
By pyscez2 on 06/27/08 03:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Being the island girl that I am, I wanted to get me a car that was fun to drive all over the island and would not use a whole tank of gas. The Yaris has been nothing but good to me. She's a beauty and she runs like a champ. In fact, I tricked my Yaris out and I'm always getting compliments about her. It's just a fun reliable car.

Great MPG
By Mike on 05/11/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used because some one was stupid and got rid of it. I average 38-39 miles per gallon. Excellent cars. I bought the S model and i dont regret the extra money.

Smart Buy
By Rochester Dan on 05/02/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

As gas keeps going through the roof, I keep smiling. With an average mpg of 40+ in mixed driving, I can't understand why people don't park their SUVs and get this to drive to work. What I am saving in gas is making the payment, not to mention the lower maintenance costs. The only negative is the cup holders, which is really a minor thing. The stereo is decent, the interior is roomy, and the seats are comfortable. I'm not a small guy, but this really doesnt feel like a small car.

Solid Commuter
By Aunit on 04/30/08 09:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Yaris is all about cheap, reliable transportation and on that it delivers. I have seen well over 45mpg in mostly highway driving. I have had no reliability issues, all components work as advertised. The only issue I have had was that I was reversed into in a parking lot and the bumper cover cracked which may have been avoided but Toyota did not fit USDM cars with foam bumper absorbers (the parts under the cover, its essentially hollow under there). Canadian and Japanese cars have them.

Fun Car to Have.
By Daniel on 01/18/08 12:27 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Yaris. It has all the equipment I wanted in a new car, gets great gas mileage, it's a blast to drive and it's a freakin Toyota so I can rely on it for years and years to come. At first I was skeptical of the Yaris and never thought that I would own one. I kept thinking that I could never go back to a little car, especially coming out of a '95 Olds. sedan. But the more I complained about the gas mileage my tank of a car was getting, the more appealing the Yaris became. Not to mention the price point is just as attractive as the styling.

BEST SUBCOMPACT PERIOD.
By scottytoohotty on 12/10/07 11:55 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased 2 Yarises. I knew better from previously owning Toyotas that the Yaris would at least be reliable and fuel efficient, and to my surprise, refined (for a $15k car!) I've owned them for 6 months and so far no problems. Overall I'm extremely satisfied with my purchases.

Lowered Expectations
By Kirk Ryerson on 11/25/07 20:22 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I researched about 15 cars in this segment. The only thing that motivated me to purchase the Yaris was the promise of no scheduled maintenance for the first 120,000 miles. That was the deciding factor. EPA ratings are off, I average low 30s in town and mid 30s on the highway. The brakes are terrible. It struggles to take turns. The electric steering (at highway speeds) is frightening. My S didn't even come with a remote key fob. Be careful driving the S on a windy day.

Good Car, Could Use Improvements
By Aaron T on 09/02/07 16:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have S 4 door manual, blue. Added sun roof and leather seats - nice look! It gets me consistently 34-35 mpg. I do a lot of stop/go (driving in San Francisco) and also highway driving. The car looks awesome with the blue color, like a sports car. You can get nice torque with the stickshift but it's a very delicate stick and not easy to shift smoothly. I like the driving style, easy to handle, factory tires and breaks are good. The body quality is my main problem with it. I had a 2001 V6 Maxima before which had much higher quality interior and exterior, body was tough. Besides the cheap body, it's also very light. A big car accident would obliterate it, I think.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.