2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Nice car but doesn't hold up in a crash
By jaye_037 on 05/05/11 21:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car when I bought it- it has a fun, youthful design, great on gas and is fun & zippy to drive. Beware though- this car does not hold up in a crash. I had a head-on collision in 2009 in a Yaris that caused $10,000 damage to the car and bent the frame beyond repair- and the airbags did not deploy. I contacted Toyota about it and got a canned response stating that I wasn't hit hard enough to set off the airbags - but it was sufficient to bend the frame beyond repair and left me with a concussion from hitting my head among other injuries. When I bought a Corolla my insurance rate dropped considerably due to the lower risk of death or severe disability in the event of a collision..

GREAT CAR! Does what is expected
By Nick a on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car , I have had this car for 2 years and bought it with 50k and it now has 71k , Not a single problem whatsoever, besides changing oil and other basic maintenance that is ALL, this car lives up to its legendary Toyota reliability

We Survived
By StLou on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy the road handling and acceleration of this economical joy. What I want to share with you is the accident experience I had; a front end accident on highway of stopped traffic. I was traveling about 60 mph and saw traffic stopped. I signaled to change lanes, but no one would move over. I slammed on brakes and impacted going 45 mph. I had the entire front hood and front suspension system rebuilt. You cannot tell we had the accident. Auto body staff said who ever built this car knew what they were doing. I was surprised the air bag didnot inflate, but I was safe and the dollar savings was significant. Additionally storage in trunk and access to passengers continues to impress me

128,000+ miles and counting
By BrilliantName on 08/30/10 09:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Yaris 4 years ago for combination of $$$, MPG, and proven Toyota reliability. Today, the car owes me nothing. I've driven over 128,000 miles including two-month long cross-country car-camping trip last year that included 2 weeks in Alaska. Car still has original brakes, shocks - everything. Great car and simply cannot beat the value.

40+ mpg on average in MI
By Cosworth on 07/20/10 12:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car as a commuter, and it's been a great gas-sipping machine. On average, I average 40-42mpg on my commute (90% hwy/ 10% city). It's definitely not as fun as a Civic or Mazda 3, but gas mileage makes up for it. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a no-hassle commuter car that gets just as good, if not better, gas mileage as most hybrids in the market.

Would Buy Again Easily!
By SB on 07/14/10 20:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

After over four years of ownership, this is a great car all around. I've driven this car through mountains, snow and floods and still after 44,000 mi, the engine and everything else still runs like it did when it rolled off the showroom floor. Acceleration is nothing special, but it's ample to get on the highway and keep up with traffic. I usually average about 34 mpg with mostly city driving, 42 mpg is the absolute most in my experience. Storage is never a problem even on long trips with a dog kennel in the back and being 6'2 I have plenty of headroom and legroom (maybe not so for rear passengers). If you're a no frills person looking for reliability and function, Yaris is a great choice.

The Future
By dikran on 07/07/10 20:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car. No power complaints and I have driven t-birds and a range rover but then it's a stick. At 55,000 and still get low 40s mpg on the Highway and mid 30 in town. I love the design interior. And with the fuel situation being what it might be this is a great great car. Fifth in mileage and the top four are hybrids. Drive regularly up and down East Coast in great comfort so no idea what strange driving position is all about. So learn to drive a stick, i.e. real driving, and welcome to the future

Better Choices in Sub-Compact Market
By xoquixxoqafxo on 07/07/10 13:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car in March 2007 to get something more fuel efficient, I regret it today because I should have went with a 2007 Honda Civic LX which i looked at but choose this because it was 14,500 out the door and the civic was 17,000 out the door. I should have spend the extra 2500 because I am considering selling it and getting a Civic LX-S right now. Gas Mileage is the only strong point, average around 32 MPG combined, have gotten 40 on the hwy but its difficult because the 4 SPD Auto allows the engine to buzz away at 3k at 60 mph. Has crummy handling and unresponsive steering. Honda fit was way more fun to drive with the utility of a hatchback. Its been reliable but that's it.

37 Miles to the gallon
By pwrbrain78 on 06/02/10 15:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am very analytical and chose my Yaris based on reviews and talking with Toyota employees and a lot of research. I have found the car to be extremely well built and have literally had no problems with it, (knock on wood). The warranty just ran out so we will see if it does stand the test of time. I was driving quite far everyday and driving about 70/30 highway and getting (even w/ the A/C on) about 36-37 mpg with the Yaris and it's an automatic. I am a bit of a lead foot too. So I would recommend this to anyone looking for a reliable, efficient and cost effective car. Keep it maintained and it should last no problem.

Solid Car
By mbender on 05/16/10 18:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Yaris 3 years ago to upgrade from an old, fuel-guzzling Dodge Dakota. In the three years I've owned, there have been no major repairs, no problems, only standard maintenance. My gas mileage has ranged anywhere from 34-40 mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.