Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Most Helpful|
We Survived
By StLou

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy the road handling and acceleration of this economical joy. What I want to share with you is the accident experience I had; a front end accident on highway of stopped traffic. I was traveling about 60 mph and saw traffic stopped. I signaled to change lanes, but no one would move over. I slammed on brakes and impacted going 45 mph. I had the entire front hood and front suspension system rebuilt. You cannot tell we had the accident. Auto body staff said who ever built this car knew what they were doing. I was surprised the air bag didnot inflate, but I was safe and the dollar savings was significant. Additionally storage in trunk and access to passengers continues to impress me

Favorite Features

Ease of steering, good acceleration, efficiencies of mpg and total costs, site lines and good seat support

Suggested Improvements

nil

GREAT CAR! Does what is expected
By Nick a

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car , I have had this car for 2 years and bought it with 50k and it now has 71k , Not a single problem whatsoever, besides changing oil and other basic maintenance that is ALL, this car lives up to its legendary Toyota reliability

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy, Rear seat legroom

Suggested Improvements

None, Great job Toyota

40+ mpg on average in MI
By Cosworth

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car as a commuter, and it's been a great gas-sipping machine. On average, I average 40-42mpg on my commute (90% hwy/ 10% city). It's definitely not as fun as a Civic or Mazda 3, but gas mileage makes up for it. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a no-hassle commuter car that gets just as good, if not better, gas mileage as most hybrids in the market.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage (avg. 40+ mpg). Highest mpg on a single tank of gas was 51.x mpg (all on hwy). Love the cup holders by the steering wheel. Great design.

Suggested Improvements

Make the steering feedback better. Need a outside temp gauge.

Nice car but doesn't hold up in a crash
By jaye_037

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car when I bought it- it has a fun, youthful design, great on gas and is fun & zippy to drive. Beware though- this car does not hold up in a crash. I had a head-on collision in 2009 in a Yaris that caused $10,000 damage to the car and bent the frame beyond repair- and the airbags did not deploy. I contacted Toyota about it and got a canned response stating that I wasn't hit hard enough to set off the airbags - but it was sufficient to bend the frame beyond repair and left me with a concussion from hitting my head among other injuries. When I bought a Corolla my insurance rate dropped considerably due to the lower risk of death or severe disability in the event of a collision..

Suggested Improvements

Safety is lacking in this vehicle. I would never buy another Yaris though I really liked the design of the interior and the fuel efficiency.

128,000+ miles and counting
By BrilliantName

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Yaris 4 years ago for combination of $$$, MPG, and proven Toyota reliability. Today, the car owes me nothing. I've driven over 128,000 miles including two-month long cross-country car-camping trip last year that included 2 weeks in Alaska. Car still has original brakes, shocks - everything. Great car and simply cannot beat the value.

Favorite Features

Reliability. MPG. Value.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof. Gotta have a sunroof. I wish I had one.