Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Don't be seduced by mpg
By Becky Pappas

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I fell for the Toyoto. Problem #1) Attempting to slow down from 65 to 70 mph on highway. In fine, dry road conditions the flimsy car looses it's navigation and wobbles erratic as if airborne. Sure, I loved the zip, the style, the savings, the adorable play car compartments and streamlined accessibility. Problem#2) Spins while braking in rain and feels as if a wind is enough to pick it up and deliver it to Munchkinland where it belongs. Problem # 3) There is no wsy to afjust thr seatbelt and it strangles across mt neck rather than shoulder. This car is great on gas, but totally make believe for any true road hazards. The dealership saw dollar signs and I feel stunned.

92K Yari
By Cim Xaneau

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

IF you are an xperienced driver who doesn't get into accidents regularly...this is a great car! I WOULD NOT LET MY KIDS DRIVE THIS CAR! I'm the original owner of my '07 Yaris with ZERO maintenance issues. I change the oil & oil filters reg using only synthetics. I compressed aired my air filter clean at 90k. I changed the manual trans fluid, also used synthetic. I find the engine responds better over 55 mph using synthetics. I tossed my el crapo-factory spare after leaving the dealership and invested in a real spare tire. It takes more trunk space but gives me piece of mind. I change tires as needed. KEEP the front tires with plenty of tread and properly inflated. The rear tires are just along for the ride! On the hwy I can travel 400 miles on a tank. I did remove the relay for daytime running lights. Negatives: no temp guage to tell me if the engine is on it's way $$$ to overheating. It tell's me once it's achieved overheating-red light!!! You may want to undercoat the bottom and the wheel wells to fight rust. Hope to talk again at 190.

Gas guzzlers to this?
By albee213

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I own to many gas guzzlers that are getting old and contant repairs or $70 fillups twice a week and just decided to look at something more effiecient. I found a 07 Liftback with 23k on the odo. Yeah it has nothing but AC but its actualy fun to drive and looks good. I plan on doing a few minor mods to it like installing some insulation under the carpet and doors to reduce noise levels, it isnt too bad but the doors sound very flimsy when you shut them and maybe cruise control. Its powerful enough and I have been running different grades of gas to find the sweet spot, running regular I could hear just a slight tick, running mid grade has made the engine silky smooth. I average 35 mpg.

Great MPG, roomy interior, decent sounding stereo with mp3 and AUX for external players, smooth running engine, bright headlights, giant back seat for a small car.

Adjustable or longer delay for intermitant wipers and intermitant rear wiper, its on or off, kind of annoying. A litte bit of foam padding under the carper and in the doors. Speeder in the right place and all manuals should come standard with Tachometer, just plain wrong to not have one. Maybe just a bit taller in the 5th gear. Clutch is also hard to get used to, I have killed many times while in traffic or at lights and I have driven dozens of manuals, this one has been the hardest to get used to.

Spunky little car!
By robbadobba82

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used last year with 118,000 miles on it. It was a one-owner car. It's pretty basic but at least has A/C. I plan on pushing it over 200k miles which should be easy to do. It's a Toyota! A blast to drive with a stick shift. Enough performance to be zippy around town and the MPG's make me smile. Great car for the money. Sometimes I want something with more options but then I realize, this car is what it is. It's simple, no nonsense, it gets me from A to B and I have fun doing it. Gonna be hard to let it go if it ever dies. Love Love Love! Oh, also does great in Michigan Winters!

Manual Gearbox Size (Fits into ANY parking space) Hatchback Fold Down Seats Decent Sound System A/C

Maybe a little lower stance. I know it's not a race car but after driving in my car, my wife's Honda Civic feels like I'm sitting in a hole.

Great Car!
By nightrider5

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used as my first car 2 years ago with about 80,000 miles on it. Since then it has only had a few minor services needed that are standard for cars over 90,000 miles and it has held up very well against my three large dogs and myself. This car is a great value and an enjoyable car to drive around town in, since it gets great mileage. I wouldn't recommend it for long trips, but as an everyday car for me it worked perfectly!

-Easy turning -Great Stereo -Comfortable bucket seats -Pretty exterior design -Tall (not a low-riding car, like a sports car) - A very small blind spot -Easy to park -Back seats fold down to compensate for the little trunk space -Doesn't cost much to service -Gas mileage

-Larger side view mirrors -Side airbags -ABS