Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Gas guzzlers to this?
By albee213

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I own to many gas guzzlers that are getting old and contant repairs or $70 fillups twice a week and just decided to look at something more effiecient. I found a 07 Liftback with 23k on the odo. Yeah it has nothing but AC but its actualy fun to drive and looks good. I plan on doing a few minor mods to it like installing some insulation under the carpet and doors to reduce noise levels, it isnt too bad but the doors sound very flimsy when you shut them and maybe cruise control. Its powerful enough and I have been running different grades of gas to find the sweet spot, running regular I could hear just a slight tick, running mid grade has made the engine silky smooth. I average 35 mpg.

Great MPG, roomy interior, decent sounding stereo with mp3 and AUX for external players, smooth running engine, bright headlights, giant back seat for a small car.

Adjustable or longer delay for intermitant wipers and intermitant rear wiper, its on or off, kind of annoying. A litte bit of foam padding under the carper and in the doors. Speeder in the right place and all manuals should come standard with Tachometer, just plain wrong to not have one. Maybe just a bit taller in the 5th gear. Clutch is also hard to get used to, I have killed many times while in traffic or at lights and I have driven dozens of manuals, this one has been the hardest to get used to.

Spunky little car!
By robbadobba82

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used last year with 118,000 miles on it. It was a one-owner car. It's pretty basic but at least has A/C. I plan on pushing it over 200k miles which should be easy to do. It's a Toyota! A blast to drive with a stick shift. Enough performance to be zippy around town and the MPG's make me smile. Great car for the money. Sometimes I want something with more options but then I realize, this car is what it is. It's simple, no nonsense, it gets me from A to B and I have fun doing it. Gonna be hard to let it go if it ever dies. Love Love Love! Oh, also does great in Michigan Winters!

Manual Gearbox Size (Fits into ANY parking space) Hatchback Fold Down Seats Decent Sound System A/C

Maybe a little lower stance. I know it's not a race car but after driving in my car, my wife's Honda Civic feels like I'm sitting in a hole.

Great Car!
By nightrider5

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used as my first car 2 years ago with about 80,000 miles on it. Since then it has only had a few minor services needed that are standard for cars over 90,000 miles and it has held up very well against my three large dogs and myself. This car is a great value and an enjoyable car to drive around town in, since it gets great mileage. I wouldn't recommend it for long trips, but as an everyday car for me it worked perfectly!

-Easy turning -Great Stereo -Comfortable bucket seats -Pretty exterior design -Tall (not a low-riding car, like a sports car) - A very small blind spot -Easy to park -Back seats fold down to compensate for the little trunk space -Doesn't cost much to service -Gas mileage

-Larger side view mirrors -Side airbags -ABS

Good Economy Car
By nightfrog65

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car bought in 2007, and it hasn't let me down in the 6 years I've driven it. It's a basic economy car, so I went in not expecting leather heated seats, GPS, and backup cameras. Plus, it gets good gas mileage, so there is much less money to spend on fuel compare to many vehicles on the road today. It's not hybrid, so no $10K battery replacement costs nor electronics needed to manage the dual electric/gas powertrain system. The only downsides I can report are lack of standard tachometer and arm rest. I bought an aftermarket arm rest online, and that helped on long trips.

Fuel economy, reliability

Standard tachometer and cruise control. Otherwise, have no complaints. Not sure if this is possible, but a sunroof might be cool for high end models. It's not a luxury vehicle and doesn't need leather or heated seats/GPS/etc...

It just doesn't die !
By sheeep

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I did research,found Yaris was the 1st reliable car among all(2 issues/100 cars,Camry or Accord with less than 20 while Impala with 60 some).I bought the cheapest one available in the area with 86k miles in 2009(29k mile/year average !!!) with no hesitation.I AM A HAPPY CAMPER ! I am racing the heck out of it and have 130k miles by now.It just refuses to DIE.It's incredibly peppy like Edmund said. With a DROP-IN K&N air filter,80mph in a blink and 110mph is not a dream.Mine got 29.8/35.7mpg.The car is surprisingly spacious inside. NO repair at all so far, just belt and oil.And I don't see any engine downgrade yet. Not even a vibration while moving.

Dash cup holder keeps me on the road while getting my drink and driving Very fun to drive. Cheap to maintain. No steering fluid (electronic steering system instead). No clutch fluid (shared with brake fluid).

Road noise. This is not about the car itself. It's just insulation. They are so cheap on putting insulation in the car.(I ripped all plastic panel inside, so I know !) Head rests are stupidly designed.