Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 179 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Bert the traveler
By Kathleen Williams

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the car and I already love Bert! He's dependable and fun. Everytime I drive him we cracks me up. I love the gas mileage! So far no maintenance and I believe it will stay that way. If I ever have to replace Bert it will be hard to for the price. Bert is a 5 speed manual. I've never driven around standard (I'm 54), but Bert was a breeze to learn to drive. I've driven and had other cars that I thought were great. Bert delivers! He's not fancy or high tech. I got him with 131,000. He's a good road tripper. My son bought a 2009 that he loved. I helped him pick it out. Bert's 9 years old and he looks amazing and he drives great. I wasn't buying a Ferrari, but Bert is my favorite car I've ever known. Don't expect expensive technology with whistles and bells. Do expect to have fun everytime you go. I got more than I paid for it. I love Bert and I will replace him someday with his family of Toyota. Plus he was made right here in the USA. I love America and try to buy from this great country. Shame on you if you don't!

253,000 miles and counting!
By Rico

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's the bare basics of a car that runs every day, handles off road adventures, and almost fits five comfortably! You have to drive this car, no cruise, no auto anything, no ABS, and very few problems. Watch for corroded battery terminals, replace the positive fuse block/terminal at 170,000 and save some headaches. I had a final drive seal go during warranty, but Toyota fixed it once and then the dealer fixed their bad installation as well. This car has run Sheep Pens Road in Baca County, Colorado, driven Pikes Peak, driven thousands of miles of dirt road and mud, and still drives my +200 mile daily commute. I get about 37 MPG on a two hundred ten mile daily commute on a US highway, but I have stretched it to 46 MPG on a few interstate highway trips with four adults and luggage (okay, very sparse luggage). It is not frilly, not fancy, but it will get you where you're going with a little fun. I've had it up to 108 MPH, and it starts to lift in the back so stay unser 102 MPH. I think the sport wing would get her up to 120 MPH no problem.

It's a great little car for the money
By Eva Alice

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my Yaris, Barney, for five years. I bought him used in 2011 with about 45K miles and he has been a very reliable car for me. The only repair I have had to make the entire five years is the serpentine belt, which cost me about 60 bucks. The fuel efficiency has been great, the oil is super easy to change yourself, and other repairs are easy as well. The car is basic, it does not have a bunch of bells and whistles, but anyone who is shopping for this car should know that. It is cheap to drive and it gets you where you need to go. I had no problems with it in the snow, it drove really well in snowy weather, although I could not get it all the way up my driveway in snowy conditions unless I put on chains. The seats are a little uncomfortable for long drives, and even though the car seats five, it really is only comfortable for four. I've taken this on road trips with the family, and it is a tight squeeze. The backseat is very roomy thought for two people, lots of leg space. It does have a lot of plastic on the interior, and it is a little annoying, but super easy to keep clean. The AUX jack is finicky, and sometimes it takes some fiddling with to get it to work (it doesn't recognize that a cord is plugged in). This part is easy to replace yourself though, but it costs about $80 for the part! The headlights are a little tricky to replace, the manual will tell you to try to reach in behind the headlights under the hood to replace the bulb, but that is impossible unless you have the hands of a newborn baby. What I ended up doing was pulling the front bumper partially off, which was surprisingly simple (it just snaps on!). And I do not agree with the other reviews regarding it feeling unsafe. I felt perfectly safe on the freeway in this car, and elsewhere. The only issue I had in regards to ride was when it was windy, the car got pushed around a little, and also the road noise is really loud. Overall, for the price and the cost of maintenance, this is a great car! The only reason I have decided to give the car up is it is only a two door and I need something bigger to haul the family around in.

Don't be seduced by mpg
By Becky Pappas

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I fell for the Toyoto. Problem #1) Attempting to slow down from 65 to 70 mph on highway. In fine, dry road conditions the flimsy car looses it's navigation and wobbles erratic as if airborne. Sure, I loved the zip, the style, the savings, the adorable play car compartments and streamlined accessibility. Problem#2) Spins while braking in rain and feels as if a wind is enough to pick it up and deliver it to Munchkinland where it belongs. Problem # 3) There is no wsy to afjust thr seatbelt and it strangles across mt neck rather than shoulder. This car is great on gas, but totally make believe for any true road hazards. The dealership saw dollar signs and I feel stunned.

92K Yari
By Cim Xaneau

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

IF you are an xperienced driver who doesn't get into accidents regularly...this is a great car! I WOULD NOT LET MY KIDS DRIVE THIS CAR! I'm the original owner of my '07 Yaris with ZERO maintenance issues. I change the oil & oil filters reg using only synthetics. I compressed aired my air filter clean at 90k. I changed the manual trans fluid, also used synthetic. I find the engine responds better over 55 mph using synthetics. I tossed my el crapo-factory spare after leaving the dealership and invested in a real spare tire. It takes more trunk space but gives me piece of mind. I change tires as needed. KEEP the front tires with plenty of tread and properly inflated. The rear tires are just along for the ride! On the hwy I can travel 400 miles on a tank. I did remove the relay for daytime running lights. Negatives: no temp guage to tell me if the engine is on it's way $$$ to overheating. It tell's me once it's achieved overheating-red light!!! You may want to undercoat the bottom and the wheel wells to fight rust. Hope to talk again at 190.