Used 2007 Toyota Yaris S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

40+ mpg on average in MI
By Cosworth

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car as a commuter, and it's been a great gas-sipping machine. On average, I average 40-42mpg on my commute (90% hwy/ 10% city). It's definitely not as fun as a Civic or Mazda 3, but gas mileage makes up for it. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a no-hassle commuter car that gets just as good, if not better, gas mileage as most hybrids in the market.

Gas mileage (avg. 40+ mpg). Highest mpg on a single tank of gas was 51.x mpg (all on hwy). Love the cup holders by the steering wheel. Great design.

Make the steering feedback better. Need a outside temp gauge.

2002 Toyota Yaris Sedan
By Phillip

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I originally owned the Toyota Echo, which was truly the best car I ever owned. But I was hit by a red light runner and the car was totaled, I as well as the police and wrecker driver were amazed at the interior compartment, it had no damage at all but the front of the car was completely destroyed. So after that experience with the Echo , I went out and bought the new replacement for the Echo , which was a 2007 Yaris Sedan. The car is basic , because it was bought for my long 94 mile commute to work, but the car has quickly become my wifes favorite car, she always leaves behind her 7 passenger fully loaded SUV to drive my basic 5-speed Yaris, which she absolutely love. We love this car !

We have 3 kids which means 2 boosters and a large car seat, and we all 5 fit in the car, it also has a very large trunk. The car gets consistent 40 mpg , which is not nearly as good as the Echo but is still excellent. Dependability .

Cruise control on the base model.

Greatness!!
By pyscez2

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Being the island girl that I am, I wanted to get me a car that was fun to drive all over the island and would not use a whole tank of gas. The Yaris has been nothing but good to me. She's a beauty and she runs like a champ. In fact, I tricked my Yaris out and I'm always getting compliments about her. It's just a fun reliable car.

Fun, reliable, awesome turning radius.

There should be a Yaris XRS trim level because I had to invent my own.

Great MPG
By Mike

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used because some one was stupid and got rid of it. I average 38-39 miles per gallon. Excellent cars. I bought the S model and i dont regret the extra money.

Everything

Nothing really

Smart Buy
By Rochester Dan

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

As gas keeps going through the roof, I keep smiling. With an average mpg of 40+ in mixed driving, I can't understand why people don't park their SUVs and get this to drive to work. What I am saving in gas is making the payment, not to mention the lower maintenance costs. The only negative is the cup holders, which is really a minor thing. The stereo is decent, the interior is roomy, and the seats are comfortable. I'm not a small guy, but this really doesnt feel like a small car.

Exterior design. Overall style. Its a very sharp looking car for the price. The engine and transmission have pop. Its not hard to keep up with traffic.

Cupholders need to be better placed. More play in the clutch, car stalls too easy when starting out. Ive driven manuals all my life, this one is a little too tight.