2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Gas guzzlers to this?
By albee213 on 07/23/14 18:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I own to many gas guzzlers that are getting old and contant repairs or $70 fillups twice a week and just decided to look at something more effiecient. I found a 07 Liftback with 23k on the odo. Yeah it has nothing but AC but its actualy fun to drive and looks good. I plan on doing a few minor mods to it like installing some insulation under the carpet and doors to reduce noise levels, it isnt too bad but the doors sound very flimsy when you shut them and maybe cruise control. Its powerful enough and I have been running different grades of gas to find the sweet spot, running regular I could hear just a slight tick, running mid grade has made the engine silky smooth. I average 35 mpg.

Spunky little car!
By robbadobba82 on 02/04/14 08:52 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used last year with 118,000 miles on it. It was a one-owner car. It's pretty basic but at least has A/C. I plan on pushing it over 200k miles which should be easy to do. It's a Toyota! A blast to drive with a stick shift. Enough performance to be zippy around town and the MPG's make me smile. Great car for the money. Sometimes I want something with more options but then I realize, this car is what it is. It's simple, no nonsense, it gets me from A to B and I have fun doing it. Gonna be hard to let it go if it ever dies. Love Love Love! Oh, also does great in Michigan Winters!

Great Car!
By nightrider5 on 11/12/13 02:54 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used as my first car 2 years ago with about 80,000 miles on it. Since then it has only had a few minor services needed that are standard for cars over 90,000 miles and it has held up very well against my three large dogs and myself. This car is a great value and an enjoyable car to drive around town in, since it gets great mileage. I wouldn't recommend it for long trips, but as an everyday car for me it worked perfectly!

Good Economy Car
By nightfrog65 on 04/08/13 18:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car bought in 2007, and it hasn't let me down in the 6 years I've driven it. It's a basic economy car, so I went in not expecting leather heated seats, GPS, and backup cameras. Plus, it gets good gas mileage, so there is much less money to spend on fuel compare to many vehicles on the road today. It's not hybrid, so no $10K battery replacement costs nor electronics needed to manage the dual electric/gas powertrain system. The only downsides I can report are lack of standard tachometer and arm rest. I bought an aftermarket arm rest online, and that helped on long trips.

It just doesn't die !
By sheeep on 01/02/12 03:28 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I did research,found Yaris was the 1st reliable car among all(2 issues/100 cars,Camry or Accord with less than 20 while Impala with 60 some).I bought the cheapest one available in the area with 86k miles in 2009(29k mile/year average !!!) with no hesitation.I AM A HAPPY CAMPER ! I am racing the heck out of it and have 130k miles by now.It just refuses to DIE.It's incredibly peppy like Edmund said. With a DROP-IN K&N air filter,80mph in a blink and 110mph is not a dream.Mine got 29.8/35.7mpg.The car is surprisingly spacious inside. NO repair at all so far, just belt and oil.And I don't see any engine downgrade yet. Not even a vibration while moving.

I LOVE this car!
By InWisconsin on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for an inexpensive, efficient, versatile vehicle and this is it in spades. I get between 37 (winter) and 41 mpg. Five people fit comfortably OR a 5-drawer chest of drawers, a tiller, six 50# bags of feed, a college student's move in load and much more. Installed a hitch and can easily transport 3 bikes+.

Little Workhorse
By JAD on 02/10/10 22:43 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I work in TV in LA and this car has been a great worker. I love zipping around in this little car in the city.I say little but it doesn't feel that way until you go to park it.It's built tall so it feels as spacious and has all the cup holders & storage space of a large car, but with the ease of parking and turning of a small car. I've read complaints about the center mounted dash...all I can say is "Get back on your rascal Grampa!" This car has great storage, great gas mileage, and can comfortably(YES) fit 4 adults (5 in a a pinch). It even handled admirably on snow when I went to Mt High today.I wish I had the 40/60 seats and cruise control but otherwise the Yaris is perfect.

Awsome Car
By Old Man on 12/11/09 20:03 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 Yaris Hatchback and never had any problems with this car. I've owned about 13 cars now... some new and some used...I'm only 28 but I love cars. Drove VW's all my life but had too many problems. Needed a new car and tried the yaris. I love this car...it looks cool ..drives great (I get about 35-42 mpgs) how can you beat that. it's simple and clean...even though the windows are manual and locks.. they'll never break!.. you get used to the speed of it..it's slow but fun to drive. No tachometer.. but if you know how to drive .. you never look at the tach anyways..I recommend the car in white makes it look pricier...it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. I give it an 8/10.

Exactly what I wanted
By Eric on 09/21/09 10:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really appreciate the maneuverability of this car. (It's great for parking.) It's fun on curves and stable on the highway. I haven't had any bad experiences with wind gusts, etc. It's not a sports car, and I'm fine with that. The reliability and economic fuel consumption are what I was after. I couldn't be happier.

Great on Gas, Poor on Reliability
By mrack on 09/17/09 12:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I average 32mpg in city per tank, 40mpg pure highway driving. Ample storage. Enough power to get you moving. Throttle response varies from 0.2 sec (noticeable, but on par with other DBW cars) to well OVER a second on warm days (omg what is wrong w/ my car). Variable means you can't adapt to it because it changes. This causes premature clutch wear because rev-matching for downshifts cannot be done reliably. Toyota will not warranty clutch repair no matter how few miles. Mine is still holding on, but it has developed a shudder at 20k miles... it's just a matter of time. No tach available on the manual hatchback. I'm on my 3rd factory MP3 stereo.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.