Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Gas guzzlers to this?
By albee213

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I own to many gas guzzlers that are getting old and contant repairs or $70 fillups twice a week and just decided to look at something more effiecient. I found a 07 Liftback with 23k on the odo. Yeah it has nothing but AC but its actualy fun to drive and looks good. I plan on doing a few minor mods to it like installing some insulation under the carpet and doors to reduce noise levels, it isnt too bad but the doors sound very flimsy when you shut them and maybe cruise control. Its powerful enough and I have been running different grades of gas to find the sweet spot, running regular I could hear just a slight tick, running mid grade has made the engine silky smooth. I average 35 mpg.

Favorite Features

Great MPG, roomy interior, decent sounding stereo with mp3 and AUX for external players, smooth running engine, bright headlights, giant back seat for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable or longer delay for intermitant wipers and intermitant rear wiper, its on or off, kind of annoying. A litte bit of foam padding under the carper and in the doors. Speeder in the right place and all manuals should come standard with Tachometer, just plain wrong to not have one. Maybe just a bit taller in the 5th gear. Clutch is also hard to get used to, I have killed many times while in traffic or at lights and I have driven dozens of manuals, this one has been the hardest to get used to.

The reliable, lovable 2007 Yaris
By nargrakhan

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This was the first car I've personally owned, bought for a flat 13k from the local Toyota dealer. It's been in my possession for exactly seven years, and currently just under 59k miles. I always got an oil change every 5000 miles. Changed tires and engine tune up at 50k. Let me state she NEVER fails me. Be it flooding downpours, heavy snowfalls or gusting hurricanes: the car always pulled through like a champion. Been hit twice at low speeds (once in the front and once in the rear), but after a quick trip to the bodyshop she runs perfect. Both incidents only caused cosmetic bumper damage, as the car itself is far more rugged than she looks. She has spunk. She has spirit. I love her!

Favorite Features

The Yaris has great handling and is surprisingly responsive. Combined with the vehicle's small size, I've easily dodged the antics of reckless drivers. On the Interstate it can go over 80 MPH, though it takes a bit of time to get that fast and strains the engine. Going 45 to 55 suits it perfectly. Putting down the rear seats offers a lot of cargo room. Don't expect to fit a fridge or oven in there, but I've gotten a lawnmower, television set, and two dozen bags of yard mulch to fit snug in there (not at the same time of course).

Suggested Improvements

I got the Yaris for it's cheap price, so I can't really complain about what the vehicle lacks. I suppose I wish the instrument dash was closer to the driver side. The designers placed it in the center for some reason. Wasn't a deal killer though.

Spunky little car!
By robbadobba82

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used last year with 118,000 miles on it. It was a one-owner car. It's pretty basic but at least has A/C. I plan on pushing it over 200k miles which should be easy to do. It's a Toyota! A blast to drive with a stick shift. Enough performance to be zippy around town and the MPG's make me smile. Great car for the money. Sometimes I want something with more options but then I realize, this car is what it is. It's simple, no nonsense, it gets me from A to B and I have fun doing it. Gonna be hard to let it go if it ever dies. Love Love Love! Oh, also does great in Michigan Winters!

Favorite Features

Manual Gearbox Size (Fits into ANY parking space) Hatchback Fold Down Seats Decent Sound System A/C

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little lower stance. I know it's not a race car but after driving in my car, my wife's Honda Civic feels like I'm sitting in a hole.

I'm waiting for it to die
By luvmyyaris

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have my eyes on the 2012 Audi A6, but I can't conscionably take the leap when my 2006/2007 Yaris just refuses to die! I have 113K miles (7.5 years) and it's running like a champ. Sure I can't beat all the Audis and the BMWs off the green light, but I can zip and zoom around everyone else, and only pay $26 every 5K miles for servicing. No repairs whatsoever, other than new tires every 50K, and a belt change at mile 100K. I have a feeling the little Yaris is going to hang on for another 7.5 years, but deep down I'm hoping that it won't because I'm itching to get into a nice car that doesn't "rattle" when traveling at 80 mph.

Favorite Features

Reliability. Fuel economy.

Great Car!
By nightrider5

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used as my first car 2 years ago with about 80,000 miles on it. Since then it has only had a few minor services needed that are standard for cars over 90,000 miles and it has held up very well against my three large dogs and myself. This car is a great value and an enjoyable car to drive around town in, since it gets great mileage. I wouldn't recommend it for long trips, but as an everyday car for me it worked perfectly!

Favorite Features

-Easy turning -Great Stereo -Comfortable bucket seats -Pretty exterior design -Tall (not a low-riding car, like a sports car) - A very small blind spot -Easy to park -Back seats fold down to compensate for the little trunk space -Doesn't cost much to service -Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

-Larger side view mirrors -Side airbags -ABS