2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
The reliable, lovable 2007 Yaris
By nargrakhan on 03/05/14 08:22 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This was the first car I've personally owned, bought for a flat 13k from the local Toyota dealer. It's been in my possession for exactly seven years, and currently just under 59k miles. I always got an oil change every 5000 miles. Changed tires and engine tune up at 50k. Let me state she NEVER fails me. Be it flooding downpours, heavy snowfalls or gusting hurricanes: the car always pulled through like a champion. Been hit twice at low speeds (once in the front and once in the rear), but after a quick trip to the bodyshop she runs perfect. Both incidents only caused cosmetic bumper damage, as the car itself is far more rugged than she looks. She has spunk. She has spirit. I love her!

Spunky little car!
By robbadobba82 on 02/04/14 08:52 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used last year with 118,000 miles on it. It was a one-owner car. It's pretty basic but at least has A/C. I plan on pushing it over 200k miles which should be easy to do. It's a Toyota! A blast to drive with a stick shift. Enough performance to be zippy around town and the MPG's make me smile. Great car for the money. Sometimes I want something with more options but then I realize, this car is what it is. It's simple, no nonsense, it gets me from A to B and I have fun doing it. Gonna be hard to let it go if it ever dies. Love Love Love! Oh, also does great in Michigan Winters!

I'm waiting for it to die
By luvmyyaris on 01/27/14 21:09 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have my eyes on the 2012 Audi A6, but I can't conscionably take the leap when my 2006/2007 Yaris just refuses to die! I have 113K miles (7.5 years) and it's running like a champ. Sure I can't beat all the Audis and the BMWs off the green light, but I can zip and zoom around everyone else, and only pay $26 every 5K miles for servicing. No repairs whatsoever, other than new tires every 50K, and a belt change at mile 100K. I have a feeling the little Yaris is going to hang on for another 7.5 years, but deep down I'm hoping that it won't because I'm itching to get into a nice car that doesn't "rattle" when traveling at 80 mph.

Great Car!
By nightrider5 on 11/12/13 02:54 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used as my first car 2 years ago with about 80,000 miles on it. Since then it has only had a few minor services needed that are standard for cars over 90,000 miles and it has held up very well against my three large dogs and myself. This car is a great value and an enjoyable car to drive around town in, since it gets great mileage. I wouldn't recommend it for long trips, but as an everyday car for me it worked perfectly!

Good Economy Car
By nightfrog65 on 04/08/13 18:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car bought in 2007, and it hasn't let me down in the 6 years I've driven it. It's a basic economy car, so I went in not expecting leather heated seats, GPS, and backup cameras. Plus, it gets good gas mileage, so there is much less money to spend on fuel compare to many vehicles on the road today. It's not hybrid, so no $10K battery replacement costs nor electronics needed to manage the dual electric/gas powertrain system. The only downsides I can report are lack of standard tachometer and arm rest. I bought an aftermarket arm rest online, and that helped on long trips.

It just doesn't die !
By sheeep on 01/02/12 03:28 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I did research,found Yaris was the 1st reliable car among all(2 issues/100 cars,Camry or Accord with less than 20 while Impala with 60 some).I bought the cheapest one available in the area with 86k miles in 2009(29k mile/year average !!!) with no hesitation.I AM A HAPPY CAMPER ! I am racing the heck out of it and have 130k miles by now.It just refuses to DIE.It's incredibly peppy like Edmund said. With a DROP-IN K&N air filter,80mph in a blink and 110mph is not a dream.Mine got 29.8/35.7mpg.The car is surprisingly spacious inside. NO repair at all so far, just belt and oil.And I don't see any engine downgrade yet. Not even a vibration while moving.

the best little car
By yaris4 on 08/12/11 18:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car drives smoothly in the front seat. Long drives in the country are comfortable with no back ache. Averaging 32-36 combined mpg. Great commuting car to the downtown core and easy to park. Auto transmission smooth and only repair made has been a new alternator. A/C runs cold still. Great little car.

Love My Baby Yo
By pauly651 on 08/08/11 00:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Yaris hatchback brand new in 2007. Baby Yo (Baby Toyota) now has over 112,000 miles on it. Still drives like its brand new. Bought some 17'' by 7.5'' black with chrome lips on her n WOW!!! Also upgraded the sound systems, Pioneer Premier the whole inside. One minor problem though, Last winter gas gauge lied to me. Said I had two bars of gas left but when enter the hiway ramp it stalled. Checked the whole car with fine tooth comb, found nothing. Little bro added gas to tank, it started right up.

Nice car but doesn't hold up in a crash
By jaye_037 on 05/05/11 21:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car when I bought it- it has a fun, youthful design, great on gas and is fun & zippy to drive. Beware though- this car does not hold up in a crash. I had a head-on collision in 2009 in a Yaris that caused $10,000 damage to the car and bent the frame beyond repair- and the airbags did not deploy. I contacted Toyota about it and got a canned response stating that I wasn't hit hard enough to set off the airbags - but it was sufficient to bend the frame beyond repair and left me with a concussion from hitting my head among other injuries. When I bought a Corolla my insurance rate dropped considerably due to the lower risk of death or severe disability in the event of a collision..

GREAT CAR! Does what is expected
By Nick a on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car , I have had this car for 2 years and bought it with 50k and it now has 71k , Not a single problem whatsoever, besides changing oil and other basic maintenance that is ALL, this car lives up to its legendary Toyota reliability

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.