versatile, good looking, good value
By donpnelson on
2013 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I've only had my gray XLE AWD for a few days but so far I'm pleased. I was looking for a reliable, good looking ride with decent mpg and utility that's reasonably fun to drive. The Venza is great looking. The sheet metal which hasn't changed since the model was introduced in 2009 looks great from all angles and is enhanced with the bold 20" alloy wheels and the dual chrome tipped exhaust. Most notable change is the grill which looks good It's nicely equipped including the entune audio/nav system with backup camera, power tailgate, smart key, homelink Solid feel, reasonably fun to drive, quick and nimble. Good headroom (no sunroof) was essential as I'm 6'-6. Seats are comfortable.
Favorite Features
Good price, Great looks, manageable size, quick and nimble especially compared to larger SUV's; offers practical real world utility with the one touch fold down rear seats. Very comfortable and very solid feel. Very well equipped, like the entunes w/nav and like the power liftgate. Remote start added by the dealer works very well.
Suggested Improvements
Dashboard and door panels are not up to par with competition. Overall look of dash is okay but there are a lot of seams around vents and speakers that aren't flush. A lot of wind and road noise at high speeds (65mph+). Some wind noise I know if from the roof rack but there's a lot of noise coming from the outside mirrors. Road noise from tires is more than what i'm accustomed to. Backup camera is nice but it does not have backup sensors. I had them on my last car and I miss them. Finally, I think Toyota has in the Venza a platform for a great sport wagon. As the Edmunds reviewer states the driving experience could be a lot more interesting than it currently is.