Used 2013 Toyota Venza Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Love this car!
By oxamanduhx51

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

When I was looking for at this vehicle at first, I love the style of it! I almost bought one without driving it first. Lucky for me, one of my customer's happened to have one and he let me drive it. I fell for it! I read a lot of reviews that said it lacked in the driving, they said it wasn't fun to drive, I feel the total opposite! I am a Toyota person, my 1998 Camry has 365k on it and still on the road today. I was spectacle of the quality of the newer Toyotas and that of the 3.5 V6 (ticks on start up like a sewing machine) which is why I went with the 2.7 4 cylinder. I have literally no complaints about this Venza at all!

* Cup holders have lights in them * Blue Tooth * Style of the exterior * MPG

* Not a big fan of the cloth interior

My First 1,000 Miles in Venza
By freesmart1

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just went over 1,000.00 miles on my 2014 Venza XLE FWD V6 after owning the car for 20 days. The most impressive thing about this vehicle is the 3.5 L V6. It is powerful, relatively quiet and works seamlessly with the 6 speed automatic transmission. I am averaging just over 20 mpg in mostly city driving thus far. I have observed up to 30 mpg on the computer in short highway trips traveling at 60 and 70 mph. (Hopefully these figures will improve even further as the engine gets fully broken in). The only negative that I need to write about is the jarring ride on rough pavement. Toyota must do a better job tuning the suspension to complement the 20 in. wheels. I like the roomy cabin.

Powerful engine, smooth highway ride, roomy interior, comfortable seats, navigation system, decent fuel economy.

Ride on rough pavement needs improvement, a 20 gallon gas tank to increase range.

still pretty happy after 15K
By ldecastro1

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon LE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Venza LE AWD last April, so I have almost had it one year. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. I liked the exterior design when they 1st came out several years ago. The inside of the car is very roomy all around. The kids have plenty of space in the back and the car is wider than most. I am a pretty big guy, so I appreciate the width of the drivers seat. It also has a nice large trunk. The electric steering take a bit to get used to (feels a little loose at first) and this car also rides pretty rough compared to most American-made cars. You really need to take it for a long test drive before you buy it. This car is absolutely amazing in the snow.

I like the looks of the car. It gets a lot of compliments from people that see it. It also preforms very well here in the snow and ice in Vermont. I have taken it in pretty deep snow and it has done very well and I have driven a lot of other cards with AWD/4 WD to compare it with. The interior room is excellent. It is a pretty wide car which means it has nice wide seats and a nice roomy backseat and trunk.

This car does not ride on a cloud of air like a lot of American or luxury cars. If you are considering buying it, you really need to take it for a nice long test drive to see if its for you. Also, the electric steering feels a bit loose at first and takes some time getting used to. After almost 1 year, I have adjusted and the car is more fun to drive. Also, I would suggest getting the leather if you can. Mine has very light gray cloth, which is very tough to keep clean.

Update after 4 mths/very happy
By pontoon

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased approx 4 mths ago and still believe this is one of the great value cars in the market today/ We just came back from a 2500 mile trip with our venza This car has performed like a dream, no problems on anything since purchase. Electronics are great, satellite radio -wow this made time much easier with time. Mileage varied from 26-30 MPG (depending on road condition etc., so happy we can burn regular fuel. You will not be dissatisfied with this vehicle. We purchased the limited model. My wife and I love this vechilce!

Engine-v-6, ride, electronics, paint/finish. Burns regular fuel, satellite radio

Possible to make option 7 speed automatic

3 Month Update
By tduke

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A quick update on my 2013 Limited FWD. Am averaging 25 mpg (actual, not computer). Overall a nice vehicle. However, if you live in a rural location beware, rodents LOVE the wires & hoses in this car. I've spent $350 replacing various under hood bits after a large rat took up residence (later dying in the cabin AC filter box). The dealer acknowledges this is a problem due to eco friendly material being used that attract rodents. They suggest taking countermeasures like mothballs, hot pepper spray on wires/hoses and fox urine spray in wheel wells. My Buick was never touched for 2.5 years but within 6 weeks the Venza was a buffet. My cat stays busy but can't kill them all.

Better than expected mileage.

Adopt materials that do not attract vermin.

• SUV