Used 2013 Toyota Venza Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Update after 4 mths/very happy
By pontoon

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased approx 4 mths ago and still believe this is one of the great value cars in the market today/ We just came back from a 2500 mile trip with our venza This car has performed like a dream, no problems on anything since purchase. Electronics are great, satellite radio -wow this made time much easier with time. Mileage varied from 26-30 MPG (depending on road condition etc., so happy we can burn regular fuel. You will not be dissatisfied with this vehicle. We purchased the limited model. My wife and I love this vechilce!

Engine-v-6, ride, electronics, paint/finish. Burns regular fuel, satellite radio

Possible to make option 7 speed automatic

3 Month Update
By tduke

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A quick update on my 2013 Limited FWD. Am averaging 25 mpg (actual, not computer). Overall a nice vehicle. However, if you live in a rural location beware, rodents LOVE the wires & hoses in this car. I've spent $350 replacing various under hood bits after a large rat took up residence (later dying in the cabin AC filter box). The dealer acknowledges this is a problem due to eco friendly material being used that attract rodents. They suggest taking countermeasures like mothballs, hot pepper spray on wires/hoses and fox urine spray in wheel wells. My Buick was never touched for 2.5 years but within 6 weeks the Venza was a buffet. My cat stays busy but can't kill them all.

Better than expected mileage.

Adopt materials that do not attract vermin.

Another great car
By pontoon

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had 2010 Mercedes GLK350. Traded for Venza and so glad we did! This suv and I call suv as it is closer to suv than wagon by a big margin. Is a great automobile. Smooth ride, great construction and space that exceeded our expectations. The v-6 performs wonderfully, shifts smooth and ride meets all expectations. We had now for about 3 months with no problems, mileage on road about 26-29 mpg, not bad. (note at least this auto has a spare tire the Glk 350 had just a air pump-no spare tire. We got the LIMITED version of Venza and so glad we did, many many improvements with top notch equipment. We did not want to spend extra money on Limited, but after using features would not do with out.

V-6, features on Venza top notch. Fit and finish is great./ Had car now for about 3 months with 0 noted defects....peforms extremely well in hot Houston climate. We are very happy with this auto. Note. exceptional space for all items, more than any auto we have had. This car will match Lexus, without some of the more glamours appointments that Lexus may offer, but not many.

Toyota may want to consider 7 speed automatic vs present 6 speed may improve mpg.

Stylish and luxury
By mkzid

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I leased a 2010 Rav4 Limited V6 and our lease was up. We decided to get a new 2013 Rav4 however was disappointed to see it no longer had the V6 as an option. As we walked through the dealer lot a 2013 Attitude black limited AWD V6 Venza caught our eye. It was stylish and had a great set of 5 spoke 20" wheels. We took it for a test drive and the ride was fun however very very quiet compared to the 2010 V6 Rav4. We loved the new Entune Nav system and the current LED daytime running light as well as the HID main headlights were nice. We liked the panoramic roof and the power lift gate. The seats were comfortable and very adjustable. The dual chrome exhaust were a nice sporty touch.

LED daytime running light, HID head lights, Entune Nav radio, power lift gate, 20" wheels, dual chrome exhaust. powerful V6 with AWD. panoramic moon roof, programmable power seats, 2 year free maintenance package. We feels its very comparable to the RX350 (what we were originally going to purchase) minus the 10K premium, thought he RX comes with a better warranty.

The moonroof is one touch open but not close.

First Impressions
17 of 115,760 people found this review helpful
By tduke

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just took delivery of a 2013 Venza FWD Limited. Cross shopped this vehicle with the Honda Crosstour and considered the Ford Edge. I liked the exterior stying and relative quiet and performance. Reliability remains to be seen but hope it's better than my previous GM product. I'm hoping gas mileage is 23 mpg or better as most of my driving is on the highway at cruising speeds.

Enjoy the elevated driving position compared to my previous sedan. Like the LED DRL's and the engine performance and handling. Features like pushbutton start, keyless entry, puddle lamps, dual climate control and back up camera are all must haves. Sorry there was no back up assist though given the limited rear visibility.

Interior ergonomics could be better, the awkwardly positioned shifter is in the way of the HVAC controls. Interior lighting is minimal so you better learn the function of the 3 stalks controlling lights, cruise and front/rear wipers by rote. Why this vehicle has 20" wheels standard is a mystery- wait until it's time to buy new tires and the appeal of these wheels will diminish. Speaking of wheels, why are alloy wheels now all painted? This makes them so much easier to chip and damage. Domestic makers are worse cladding alloys with fake chrome plastic- one of the features that dropped Ford from my list. Predictable learning curve with the infotainment system, but that's to be expected.