Used 2013 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Love this car!
By oxamanduhx51

2013 Toyota Venza LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

When I was looking for at this vehicle at first, I love the style of it! I almost bought one without driving it first. Lucky for me, one of my customer's happened to have one and he let me drive it. I fell for it! I read a lot of reviews that said it lacked in the driving, they said it wasn't fun to drive, I feel the total opposite! I am a Toyota person, my 1998 Camry has 365k on it and still on the road today. I was spectacle of the quality of the newer Toyotas and that of the 3.5 V6 (ticks on start up like a sewing machine) which is why I went with the 2.7 4 cylinder. I have literally no complaints about this Venza at all!

* Cup holders have lights in them * Blue Tooth * Style of the exterior * MPG

* Not a big fan of the cloth interior

The Radio
By jduer1

2013 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2013 Venza for a month now. It's a great car, but, two complaints. The Buick SUV I traded in rode much better and was much quieter. First complaint - the radio - my goodness, what a tinny sounding unit (not the JBL). Tried all the settings with no great improvement. My new Ford Escape has a much better radio. Other complaint - rough ride and noisier than my American cars. Sure seems like the much vaunted Toyota could do better than this. Will probably go back to American brands after this. If you are looking only at Toyota - look at a couple American brands - you might change your mind.

Like the electronic locking and starter button w/o a need to fumble with keys.

Improve the ride, noise level, and radio.

3 Month Update
By tduke

2013 Toyota Venza Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A quick update on my 2013 Limited FWD. Am averaging 25 mpg (actual, not computer). Overall a nice vehicle. However, if you live in a rural location beware, rodents LOVE the wires & hoses in this car. I've spent $350 replacing various under hood bits after a large rat took up residence (later dying in the cabin AC filter box). The dealer acknowledges this is a problem due to eco friendly material being used that attract rodents. They suggest taking countermeasures like mothballs, hot pepper spray on wires/hoses and fox urine spray in wheel wells. My Buick was never touched for 2.5 years but within 6 weeks the Venza was a buffet. My cat stays busy but can't kill them all.

Better than expected mileage.

Adopt materials that do not attract vermin.

My First 1,000 Miles in Venza
By freesmart1

2013 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just went over 1,000.00 miles on my 2014 Venza XLE FWD V6 after owning the car for 20 days. The most impressive thing about this vehicle is the 3.5 L V6. It is powerful, relatively quiet and works seamlessly with the 6 speed automatic transmission. I am averaging just over 20 mpg in mostly city driving thus far. I have observed up to 30 mpg on the computer in short highway trips traveling at 60 and 70 mph. (Hopefully these figures will improve even further as the engine gets fully broken in). The only negative that I need to write about is the jarring ride on rough pavement. Toyota must do a better job tuning the suspension to complement the 20 in. wheels. I like the roomy cabin.

Powerful engine, smooth highway ride, roomy interior, comfortable seats, navigation system, decent fuel economy.

Ride on rough pavement needs improvement, a 20 gallon gas tank to increase range.

versatile, good looking, good value
By donpnelson

2013 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had my gray XLE AWD for a few days but so far I'm pleased. I was looking for a reliable, good looking ride with decent mpg and utility that's reasonably fun to drive. The Venza is great looking. The sheet metal which hasn't changed since the model was introduced in 2009 looks great from all angles and is enhanced with the bold 20" alloy wheels and the dual chrome tipped exhaust. Most notable change is the grill which looks good It's nicely equipped including the entune audio/nav system with backup camera, power tailgate, smart key, homelink Solid feel, reasonably fun to drive, quick and nimble. Good headroom (no sunroof) was essential as I'm 6'-6. Seats are comfortable.

Good price, Great looks, manageable size, quick and nimble especially compared to larger SUV's; offers practical real world utility with the one touch fold down rear seats. Very comfortable and very solid feel. Very well equipped, like the entunes w/nav and like the power liftgate. Remote start added by the dealer works very well.

Dashboard and door panels are not up to par with competition. Overall look of dash is okay but there are a lot of seams around vents and speakers that aren't flush. A lot of wind and road noise at high speeds (65mph+). Some wind noise I know if from the roof rack but there's a lot of noise coming from the outside mirrors. Road noise from tires is more than what i'm accustomed to. Backup camera is nice but it does not have backup sensors. I had them on my last car and I miss them. Finally, I think Toyota has in the Venza a platform for a great sport wagon. As the Edmunds reviewer states the driving experience could be a lot more interesting than it currently is.