Used 2013 Toyota Venza Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Most Helpful|
still pretty happy after 15K
By ldecastro1

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon LE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Venza LE AWD last April, so I have almost had it one year. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. I liked the exterior design when they 1st came out several years ago. The inside of the car is very roomy all around. The kids have plenty of space in the back and the car is wider than most. I am a pretty big guy, so I appreciate the width of the drivers seat. It also has a nice large trunk. The electric steering take a bit to get used to (feels a little loose at first) and this car also rides pretty rough compared to most American-made cars. You really need to take it for a long test drive before you buy it. This car is absolutely amazing in the snow.

Favorite Features

I like the looks of the car. It gets a lot of compliments from people that see it. It also preforms very well here in the snow and ice in Vermont. I have taken it in pretty deep snow and it has done very well and I have driven a lot of other cards with AWD/4 WD to compare it with. The interior room is excellent. It is a pretty wide car which means it has nice wide seats and a nice roomy backseat and trunk.

Suggested Improvements

This car does not ride on a cloud of air like a lot of American or luxury cars. If you are considering buying it, you really need to take it for a nice long test drive to see if its for you. Also, the electric steering feels a bit loose at first and takes some time getting used to. After almost 1 year, I have adjusted and the car is more fun to drive. Also, I would suggest getting the leather if you can. Mine has very light gray cloth, which is very tough to keep clean.

I love the new Improved Venza!
By smrt50

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a 2011 Venza, 4 cycl., and purchased the new 2013 Venza, XLE, 6 cycl.,Nav. Leather,power rear door lift, rear camera, 20 inch wheels. I love this vehicle, the ride has improved... My commute to work is 35 miles one-way, this vehicle is a joy yo drive. The Nav., Bluetooth, HD radio, Satellite Radio, make my commute easy to handle. The quality and interior workmanship has improved!!!!

Favorite Features

I love the Navigation, Bluetooth,hand- free phone, rear camera, rear power lift gate.... Most of all the smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Very happy with vehicle

2013 Toyota Venza XLE V6 AWD
By ronn

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon XLE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded my 2008 Toyota Highlander Limited for the Venza AWD...I love it ! I call it a baby Highlander ! The Golden Umber Mica is a sharp, beautiful color that gets many comments ! The ride is smooth and very quiet. The engine purrs just like the Highlander, as the V6 is the same. The comfort and roomy interior is wonderful, and it's a fun car to drive ! The fit and finish seems to have improved in the 2013 , as mine is wonderful looking. Test drive a Venza...you will love it !

Favorite Features

Wheels, awesome JBL stereo system with subwoofer , panoramic moonroof , heated leather seats. Entune for bluetooth , navigation etc.

First Impressions
17 of 73,785 people found this review helpful
By tduke

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just took delivery of a 2013 Venza FWD Limited. Cross shopped this vehicle with the Honda Crosstour and considered the Ford Edge. I liked the exterior stying and relative quiet and performance. Reliability remains to be seen but hope it's better than my previous GM product. I'm hoping gas mileage is 23 mpg or better as most of my driving is on the highway at cruising speeds.

Favorite Features

Enjoy the elevated driving position compared to my previous sedan. Like the LED DRL's and the engine performance and handling. Features like pushbutton start, keyless entry, puddle lamps, dual climate control and back up camera are all must haves. Sorry there was no back up assist though given the limited rear visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Interior ergonomics could be better, the awkwardly positioned shifter is in the way of the HVAC controls. Interior lighting is minimal so you better learn the function of the 3 stalks controlling lights, cruise and front/rear wipers by rote. Why this vehicle has 20" wheels standard is a mystery- wait until it's time to buy new tires and the appeal of these wheels will diminish. Speaking of wheels, why are alloy wheels now all painted? This makes them so much easier to chip and damage. Domestic makers are worse cladding alloys with fake chrome plastic- one of the features that dropped Ford from my list. Predictable learning curve with the infotainment system, but that's to be expected.

The Radio
By jduer1

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2013 Venza for a month now. It's a great car, but, two complaints. The Buick SUV I traded in rode much better and was much quieter. First complaint - the radio - my goodness, what a tinny sounding unit (not the JBL). Tried all the settings with no great improvement. My new Ford Escape has a much better radio. Other complaint - rough ride and noisier than my American cars. Sure seems like the much vaunted Toyota could do better than this. Will probably go back to American brands after this. If you are looking only at Toyota - look at a couple American brands - you might change your mind.

Favorite Features

Like the electronic locking and starter button w/o a need to fumble with keys.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the ride, noise level, and radio.