Used 2013 Toyota Venza Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)
By Carman

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

The engine, AWD, break, etc lights are all on the first year. Toyota fixed it for three time to get it right, and replace two parts. This car is No good in cold winter and snow. If you drive out after the snow, you will feel the car is shaking heavy, like it's going to collapse; you can only drive to 50 mph at the time, if you drive over 50 mph the shaking is very bad. The second year, the check engine, and AWD lights are on and off, the day you bring to the dealer, the lights may off, but the warming lights are back on next day. Lucky this time they seen it, and repair for you. The Toyota is bad quality now.

Brakes
By Drew Gratts

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Leased for 5 years ,, the car was pulling left on braking. temperature on right disk 116f, on left disk 165f., proof of imbalance. The cabin noise is excessive. You may not have noticed but the steering wheel is at an angle in other word of center.

The Radio
By jduer1

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2013 Venza for a month now. It's a great car, but, two complaints. The Buick SUV I traded in rode much better and was much quieter. First complaint - the radio - my goodness, what a tinny sounding unit (not the JBL). Tried all the settings with no great improvement. My new Ford Escape has a much better radio. Other complaint - rough ride and noisier than my American cars. Sure seems like the much vaunted Toyota could do better than this. Will probably go back to American brands after this. If you are looking only at Toyota - look at a couple American brands - you might change your mind.

Like the electronic locking and starter button w/o a need to fumble with keys.

Improve the ride, noise level, and radio.

Love this car!
By oxamanduhx51

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

When I was looking for at this vehicle at first, I love the style of it! I almost bought one without driving it first. Lucky for me, one of my customer's happened to have one and he let me drive it. I fell for it! I read a lot of reviews that said it lacked in the driving, they said it wasn't fun to drive, I feel the total opposite! I am a Toyota person, my 1998 Camry has 365k on it and still on the road today. I was spectacle of the quality of the newer Toyotas and that of the 3.5 V6 (ticks on start up like a sewing machine) which is why I went with the 2.7 4 cylinder. I have literally no complaints about this Venza at all!

* Cup holders have lights in them * Blue Tooth * Style of the exterior * MPG

* Not a big fan of the cloth interior

My First 1,000 Miles in Venza
By freesmart1

2013 Toyota Venza Wagon XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just went over 1,000.00 miles on my 2014 Venza XLE FWD V6 after owning the car for 20 days. The most impressive thing about this vehicle is the 3.5 L V6. It is powerful, relatively quiet and works seamlessly with the 6 speed automatic transmission. I am averaging just over 20 mpg in mostly city driving thus far. I have observed up to 30 mpg on the computer in short highway trips traveling at 60 and 70 mph. (Hopefully these figures will improve even further as the engine gets fully broken in). The only negative that I need to write about is the jarring ride on rough pavement. Toyota must do a better job tuning the suspension to complement the 20 in. wheels. I like the roomy cabin.

Powerful engine, smooth highway ride, roomy interior, comfortable seats, navigation system, decent fuel economy.

Ride on rough pavement needs improvement, a 20 gallon gas tank to increase range.