2013 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
I love the new Improved Venza!
By smrt50 on 12/31/12 18:25 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a 2011 Venza, 4 cycl., and purchased the new 2013 Venza, XLE, 6 cycl.,Nav. Leather,power rear door lift, rear camera, 20 inch wheels. I love this vehicle, the ride has improved... My commute to work is 35 miles one-way, this vehicle is a joy yo drive. The Nav., Bluetooth, HD radio, Satellite Radio, make my commute easy to handle. The quality and interior workmanship has improved!!!!

2013 Toyota Venza XLE V6 AWD
By ronn on 03/24/13 11:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded my 2008 Toyota Highlander Limited for the Venza AWD...I love it ! I call it a baby Highlander ! The Golden Umber Mica is a sharp, beautiful color that gets many comments ! The ride is smooth and very quiet. The engine purrs just like the Highlander, as the V6 is the same. The comfort and roomy interior is wonderful, and it's a fun car to drive ! The fit and finish seems to have improved in the 2013 , as mine is wonderful looking. Test drive a Venza...you will love it !

Stylish and luxury
By mkzid on 04/16/13 08:03 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Venza Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I leased a 2010 Rav4 Limited V6 and our lease was up. We decided to get a new 2013 Rav4 however was disappointed to see it no longer had the V6 as an option. As we walked through the dealer lot a 2013 Attitude black limited AWD V6 Venza caught our eye. It was stylish and had a great set of 5 spoke 20" wheels. We took it for a test drive and the ride was fun however very very quiet compared to the 2010 V6 Rav4. We loved the new Entune Nav system and the current LED daytime running light as well as the HID main headlights were nice. We liked the panoramic roof and the power lift gate. The seats were comfortable and very adjustable. The dual chrome exhaust were a nice sporty touch.

Another great car
By pontoon on 06/13/13 12:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Venza Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had 2010 Mercedes GLK350. Traded for Venza and so glad we did! This suv and I call suv as it is closer to suv than wagon by a big margin. Is a great automobile. Smooth ride, great construction and space that exceeded our expectations. The v-6 performs wonderfully, shifts smooth and ride meets all expectations. We had now for about 3 months with no problems, mileage on road about 26-29 mpg, not bad. (note at least this auto has a spare tire the Glk 350 had just a air pump-no spare tire. We got the LIMITED version of Venza and so glad we did, many many improvements with top notch equipment. We did not want to spend extra money on Limited, but after using features would not do with out.

Update after 4 mths/very happy
By pontoon on 08/07/13 17:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Venza Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased approx 4 mths ago and still believe this is one of the great value cars in the market today/ We just came back from a 2500 mile trip with our venza This car has performed like a dream, no problems on anything since purchase. Electronics are great, satellite radio -wow this made time much easier with time. Mileage varied from 26-30 MPG (depending on road condition etc., so happy we can burn regular fuel. You will not be dissatisfied with this vehicle. We purchased the limited model. My wife and I love this vechilce!

3 Month Update
By tduke on 06/20/13 10:51 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Venza Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A quick update on my 2013 Limited FWD. Am averaging 25 mpg (actual, not computer). Overall a nice vehicle. However, if you live in a rural location beware, rodents LOVE the wires & hoses in this car. I've spent $350 replacing various under hood bits after a large rat took up residence (later dying in the cabin AC filter box). The dealer acknowledges this is a problem due to eco friendly material being used that attract rodents. They suggest taking countermeasures like mothballs, hot pepper spray on wires/hoses and fox urine spray in wheel wells. My Buick was never touched for 2.5 years but within 6 weeks the Venza was a buffet. My cat stays busy but can't kill them all.

My First 1,000 Miles in Venza
By freesmart1 on 02/20/14 12:10 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just went over 1,000.00 miles on my 2014 Venza XLE FWD V6 after owning the car for 20 days. The most impressive thing about this vehicle is the 3.5 L V6. It is powerful, relatively quiet and works seamlessly with the 6 speed automatic transmission. I am averaging just over 20 mpg in mostly city driving thus far. I have observed up to 30 mpg on the computer in short highway trips traveling at 60 and 70 mph. (Hopefully these figures will improve even further as the engine gets fully broken in). The only negative that I need to write about is the jarring ride on rough pavement. Toyota must do a better job tuning the suspension to complement the 20 in. wheels. I like the roomy cabin.

The Radio
By jduer1 on 08/19/14 14:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2013 Venza for a month now. It's a great car, but, two complaints. The Buick SUV I traded in rode much better and was much quieter. First complaint - the radio - my goodness, what a tinny sounding unit (not the JBL). Tried all the settings with no great improvement. My new Ford Escape has a much better radio. Other complaint - rough ride and noisier than my American cars. Sure seems like the much vaunted Toyota could do better than this. Will probably go back to American brands after this. If you are looking only at Toyota - look at a couple American brands - you might change your mind.

Love this car!
By oxamanduhx51 on 06/20/14 06:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Venza LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

When I was looking for at this vehicle at first, I love the style of it! I almost bought one without driving it first. Lucky for me, one of my customer's happened to have one and he let me drive it. I fell for it! I read a lot of reviews that said it lacked in the driving, they said it wasn't fun to drive, I feel the total opposite! I am a Toyota person, my 1998 Camry has 365k on it and still on the road today. I was spectacle of the quality of the newer Toyotas and that of the 3.5 V6 (ticks on start up like a sewing machine) which is why I went with the 2.7 4 cylinder. I have literally no complaints about this Venza at all!

versatile, good looking, good value
By donpnelson on 12/16/12 14:33 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had my gray XLE AWD for a few days but so far I'm pleased. I was looking for a reliable, good looking ride with decent mpg and utility that's reasonably fun to drive. The Venza is great looking. The sheet metal which hasn't changed since the model was introduced in 2009 looks great from all angles and is enhanced with the bold 20" alloy wheels and the dual chrome tipped exhaust. Most notable change is the grill which looks good It's nicely equipped including the entune audio/nav system with backup camera, power tailgate, smart key, homelink Solid feel, reasonably fun to drive, quick and nimble. Good headroom (no sunroof) was essential as I'm 6'-6. Seats are comfortable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Venza in VA is:

$126 per month*