Used 2013 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Venza

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Brakes
By Drew Gratts

2013 Toyota Venza LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Leased for 5 years ,, the car was pulling left on braking. temperature on right disk 116f, on left disk 165f., proof of imbalance. The cabin noise is excessive. You may not have noticed but the steering wheel is at an angle in other word of center.

The Radio
By jduer1

2013 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2013 Venza for a month now. It's a great car, but, two complaints. The Buick SUV I traded in rode much better and was much quieter. First complaint - the radio - my goodness, what a tinny sounding unit (not the JBL). Tried all the settings with no great improvement. My new Ford Escape has a much better radio. Other complaint - rough ride and noisier than my American cars. Sure seems like the much vaunted Toyota could do better than this. Will probably go back to American brands after this. If you are looking only at Toyota - look at a couple American brands - you might change your mind.

Favorite Features

Like the electronic locking and starter button w/o a need to fumble with keys.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the ride, noise level, and radio.

Love this car!
By oxamanduhx51

2013 Toyota Venza LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

When I was looking for at this vehicle at first, I love the style of it! I almost bought one without driving it first. Lucky for me, one of my customer's happened to have one and he let me drive it. I fell for it! I read a lot of reviews that said it lacked in the driving, they said it wasn't fun to drive, I feel the total opposite! I am a Toyota person, my 1998 Camry has 365k on it and still on the road today. I was spectacle of the quality of the newer Toyotas and that of the 3.5 V6 (ticks on start up like a sewing machine) which is why I went with the 2.7 4 cylinder. I have literally no complaints about this Venza at all!

Favorite Features

* Cup holders have lights in them * Blue Tooth * Style of the exterior * MPG

Suggested Improvements

* Not a big fan of the cloth interior

My First 1,000 Miles in Venza
By freesmart1

2013 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just went over 1,000.00 miles on my 2014 Venza XLE FWD V6 after owning the car for 20 days. The most impressive thing about this vehicle is the 3.5 L V6. It is powerful, relatively quiet and works seamlessly with the 6 speed automatic transmission. I am averaging just over 20 mpg in mostly city driving thus far. I have observed up to 30 mpg on the computer in short highway trips traveling at 60 and 70 mph. (Hopefully these figures will improve even further as the engine gets fully broken in). The only negative that I need to write about is the jarring ride on rough pavement. Toyota must do a better job tuning the suspension to complement the 20 in. wheels. I like the roomy cabin.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, smooth highway ride, roomy interior, comfortable seats, navigation system, decent fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Ride on rough pavement needs improvement, a 20 gallon gas tank to increase range.

still pretty happy after 15K
By ldecastro1

2013 Toyota Venza LE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Venza LE AWD last April, so I have almost had it one year. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. I liked the exterior design when they 1st came out several years ago. The inside of the car is very roomy all around. The kids have plenty of space in the back and the car is wider than most. I am a pretty big guy, so I appreciate the width of the drivers seat. It also has a nice large trunk. The electric steering take a bit to get used to (feels a little loose at first) and this car also rides pretty rough compared to most American-made cars. You really need to take it for a long test drive before you buy it. This car is absolutely amazing in the snow.

Favorite Features

I like the looks of the car. It gets a lot of compliments from people that see it. It also preforms very well here in the snow and ice in Vermont. I have taken it in pretty deep snow and it has done very well and I have driven a lot of other cards with AWD/4 WD to compare it with. The interior room is excellent. It is a pretty wide car which means it has nice wide seats and a nice roomy backseat and trunk.

Suggested Improvements

This car does not ride on a cloud of air like a lot of American or luxury cars. If you are considering buying it, you really need to take it for a nice long test drive to see if its for you. Also, the electric steering feels a bit loose at first and takes some time getting used to. After almost 1 year, I have adjusted and the car is more fun to drive. Also, I would suggest getting the leather if you can. Mine has very light gray cloth, which is very tough to keep clean.