Comfort, speed, sound!
By dbbksl on
2012 Toyota Venza XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Drove a Camry XLE V6. Adored that car, never had a problem, averaged 15K yearly, got better than EPA fuel economy. Considered new Camry when I bought car in March 12, but test drive of Venza XLE V6 changed my mind. Incredible seat comfort, versatile storage, stylish interior, and magnificent stereo. Also exceeds EPA rating for fuel economy, just like my reliable Camry did. Not a jiggle or squeak in the body. Traction and stability control make this car perform faultlessly in pouring rain and on slick streets. Braking also excellent.
Favorite Features
Tall teenaged son loves reclining backseat and panoramic sunroof. Disabled spouse loves heated seats, and especially the hard-to-find lumbar support on the passenger side. I like the high console mount for AC, shifter, stereo. Car has versatile, generous cargo space. Seat height is terrific for somebody with back trouble or arthritis--I don't have to climb up or get off the ground when entering or exiting my Venza (I am 5'4"), and this makes the vehicle the most comfortable one I've ever driven. I bought the Venza in Sunset Bronze Mica, and it's gorgeous and unusual. Like the black carpet and piping on the tan seats. Great bluetooth/phone compatibility, too.
Suggested Improvements
I tried hard, but I have nothing! I know some reviewers say my tires will be expensive to replace and that the size can be hard to find. But I think the big 20-inch tires update the vehicle's look and keep it from seeming too utilitarian and wagon-like.
By strawberries
on 09/20/12 12:32 PM (PDT)

Hi dbbksl, How is the fuel economy of your Venza in the city and hwy? Just doing some research if I should buy a 4 cylinder or the V6. Thanks

By jolog
on 04/27/13 11:52 AM (PDT)

I bought a 2012 Venza last July. I am happy at first but now I feel I had regrets about it. My concern is the engine speed relative to acceleration. Whenever I am cruising say 60 to 65 miles on the freeway and I want to accelerate to merge or change lane, the moment I press the accelerator, the engine rpm will spike to about 3500 and at times to 4500 as if I am on neutral. I don't feel the car accelerating for a brief moment I have to release the pedal and press it again. I complained about this to West Covina Toyota during the 10000 miles check-up but they seem to brush it aside, saying the engine speed and transmission is computer controlled. I feel my 2004 Toyota Sienna has a better acceleration that the Venza. Also, I never experience a car that would rev up to 4500 while driving at 60 - 65 miles on the freeway. I am concerned about the engine overspeeding, not the car.