Used 2012 Toyota Venza Wagon Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Love my toyota
By Kitty wright

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon LE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have always wanted a beautiful car, and wow I hate going home. I could drive it all day

New to me, happy so far
By aguy8910

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon LE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a used 2012 Venza (3.5l, AWD) and am very happy with it so far. I am wagon fan and had a hard time finding a suitable replacement for you 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. I've had many Subarus, but really did not feel like going down that road again and was very happy with what the Venza had to offer. The car is very solid, powerful and comfortable. The only issue I have so far is that my favorite coffee cup doesn't sit well in the oddly shaped cup holders... Also, the MPG isn't great, but I knew that when opting for the more powerful V6 version.

What were they thinking???
By jpf22467

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First off, I do like the car. It does what it is supposed to do. It drives nice, has good pickup, gets good MPG for a crossover (mostly highway driving and averaging 26).

A few things that drive me crazy.

The Navigation system is a mess. Too many things are cut off while the car is moving. Can no add a phone, can not modify contacts just off the top of my head. The screen will not stay on the audio screen. When I listen to music, I want to see the audio screen, but it only stays up for about 10 seconds, then defaults back to the map. The screen is positioned in a horrible angle. It catches the sun and makes it very difficult to read the screen

I like the pickup, very surprising for a crossover I like the MPG. not bad for a 6 cyl It looks sporty for a station-wagon Handles nice (compared to my MDX and my Jeep Wrangler)

Do not offer NAV with Sunroof. Very dangerous because of the angle.Sun seems to reflect back at the driver. Change out the entire NAV unit, not user friendly (Example, try to increase or decrease the map while driving). I have an MDX, it has a dial to make many changes. Very simple, very efficient Two charger ports/Cig lighters. Both in poor locations Steering seems very light. When accelerating into highway traffic, the car seems to float and drift. It just seems loose. Rear liftgate very inconsistent. Sometimes, I press the button many times before it will work. Opens very slow. closes even slower (takes about 10 sec) Soft breaking

Extremely unsafe!
By tessann19

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon XLE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2012 Venza in June of 2012 with high hopes.
The options and look were phenomenal. However, there is definitely a safety issue with this vehicle. In Oct. of 2012 the rear passenger window burst while driving down a highway. Today, 05/13/13, I started the car and put it in reverse and the rear window shattered. My concern now - I have a sunroof and panoramic window which I am concerned will have the same issues. Toyota needs to up their expectations - just because they purchased GM doesn't mean they can lower the standards.

Big letdown
By alexsdad2

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I had this vehicle for less than a year because of 3 things:
1) The mpg was poor! I do a combination of city and driving. I could only get 20 mpg out of it.
2) The brakes in hard braking situations required me to press the brake all the way to the floor. The reaction of the car was not one of confidence.
3) It was brought to my attention that the safety rating needed to be looked at further. There was something the passenger's safety being rated 2 out of 5 (safest) in an accident. I do not remember if there were qualifications on the angles of the crash or speed, etc.
All of the above led me to bail on the vehicle. The vehicle was spacious and was attractive.

The spaciousness and the styling of the car were my favorites.

The car is severely lacking in usability with the layout of the controls. Using the heater and the fan was poorly positioned. I had to take my eyes off of the road too long to be comfortable to make changes. On days where I needed the defroster but also needed to use the heater required frequent changing. It was frustrating.