2012 Toyota Venza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
What were they thinking???
By jpf22467 on 10/04/13 19:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First off, I do like the car. It does what it is supposed to do. It drives nice, has good pickup, gets good MPG for a crossover (mostly highway driving and averaging 26). A few things that drive me crazy. The Navigation system is a mess. Too many things are cut off while the car is moving. Can no add a phone, can not modify contacts just off the top of my head. The screen will not stay on the audio screen. When I listen to music, I want to see the audio screen, but it only stays up for about 10 seconds, then defaults back to the map. The screen is positioned in a horrible angle. It catches the sun and makes it very difficult to read the screen

Extremely unsafe!
By tessann19 on 05/13/13 06:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon XLE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2012 Venza in June of 2012 with high hopes. The options and look were phenomenal. However, there is definitely a safety issue with this vehicle. In Oct. of 2012 the rear passenger window burst while driving down a highway. Today, 05/13/13, I started the car and put it in reverse and the rear window shattered. My concern now - I have a sunroof and panoramic window which I am concerned will have the same issues. Toyota needs to up their expectations - just because they purchased GM doesn't mean they can lower the standards.

Big letdown
By alexsdad2 on 04/24/13 08:12 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I had this vehicle for less than a year because of 3 things: 1) The mpg was poor! I do a combination of city and driving. I could only get 20 mpg out of it. 2) The brakes in hard braking situations required me to press the brake all the way to the floor. The reaction of the car was not one of confidence. 3) It was brought to my attention that the safety rating needed to be looked at further. There was something the passenger's safety being rated 2 out of 5 (safest) in an accident. I do not remember if there were qualifications on the angles of the crash or speed, etc. All of the above led me to bail on the vehicle. The vehicle was spacious and was attractive.

Comfort, speed, sound!
By dbbksl on 08/03/12 07:47 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon XLE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drove a Camry XLE V6. Adored that car, never had a problem, averaged 15K yearly, got better than EPA fuel economy. Considered new Camry when I bought car in March 12, but test drive of Venza XLE V6 changed my mind. Incredible seat comfort, versatile storage, stylish interior, and magnificent stereo. Also exceeds EPA rating for fuel economy, just like my reliable Camry did. Not a jiggle or squeak in the body. Traction and stability control make this car perform faultlessly in pouring rain and on slick streets. Braking also excellent.

2012 Venza Limited
By roadrunner70 on 04/23/12 11:49 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had 2012 Venza limited since 3/24. Like others, copared to Ford Edge, GM crossovers, Kia Sorrento. Came down to sorrento vs. venza. Preferred the sorrento for price and features but didn't care for seat comfort. Overall happy with purchase. Too soon to rate most catagories, but have to agree that the shifter is poorly designed. It is too long and should be 2 or 3 inches shorter. Not happy that CD player requries opening nav unit. Presume that 2013 venza has corrected these design issues. However, if it gives the same level of reliability that my 2002 highlander has given (two minor repairs in 125,000 miles), I will be very happy. Oveall, a good vehicle.

4 month Owner
By army4 on 03/21/12 10:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon XLE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned my Venza now for about four months and really enjoy the vehicle. The only thing I made a constructive critique about is the shifter is in the way of the seat heater, getting to the cups in the cup holder, adjusting the temperature. It just feels like I always have to reach around the sifter all the time.

24 of 22,780 people found this review helpful
Reliable, safe AWD Vehicle
By value4money on 03/13/12 09:22 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Venza Wagon XLE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an extremely comfortable, reliable, safe AWD SUV that handles well in snow and on the highway. Shopped against two upscale models (Lexus RX350 and Audi Q7) but I didn't feel that the price differential ($10,000 to $15,000 or more) justified the "prestige" of these brands. Closest competitor in price is the Ford Edge, but fit and finish of the Venza seemed better as did the handling and acceleration based upon test drives (admittedly not a full test of driving dynamics).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Venza Wagon in VA is:

$142 per month*