Used 2012 Toyota Venza Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

What were they thinking???
By jpf22467

2012 Toyota Venza Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First off, I do like the car. It does what it is supposed to do. It drives nice, has good pickup, gets good MPG for a crossover (mostly highway driving and averaging 26). A few things that drive me crazy. The Navigation system is a mess. Too many things are cut off while the car is moving. Can no add a phone, can not modify contacts just off the top of my head. The screen will not stay on the audio screen. When I listen to music, I want to see the audio screen, but it only stays up for about 10 seconds, then defaults back to the map. The screen is positioned in a horrible angle. It catches the sun and makes it very difficult to read the screen

Favorite Features

I like the pickup, very surprising for a crossover I like the MPG. not bad for a 6 cyl It looks sporty for a station-wagon Handles nice (compared to my MDX and my Jeep Wrangler)

Suggested Improvements

Do not offer NAV with Sunroof. Very dangerous because of the angle.Sun seems to reflect back at the driver. Change out the entire NAV unit, not user friendly (Example, try to increase or decrease the map while driving). I have an MDX, it has a dial to make many changes. Very simple, very efficient Two charger ports/Cig lighters. Both in poor locations Steering seems very light. When accelerating into highway traffic, the car seems to float and drift. It just seems loose. Rear liftgate very inconsistent. Sometimes, I press the button many times before it will work. Opens very slow. closes even slower (takes about 10 sec) Soft breaking

2012 Venza Limited
By roadrunner70

2012 Toyota Venza Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had 2012 Venza limited since 3/24. Like others, copared to Ford Edge, GM crossovers, Kia Sorrento. Came down to sorrento vs. venza. Preferred the sorrento for price and features but didn't care for seat comfort. Overall happy with purchase. Too soon to rate most catagories, but have to agree that the shifter is poorly designed. It is too long and should be 2 or 3 inches shorter. Not happy that CD player requries opening nav unit. Presume that 2013 venza has corrected these design issues. However, if it gives the same level of reliability that my 2002 highlander has given (two minor repairs in 125,000 miles), I will be very happy. Oveall, a good vehicle.

Favorite Features

Only two rows of seats, overall build quality seems very high. Very quiet inside, and everything works well. Not having voice activated nav unit, hopefully, Toyota build quality. Have to commend Gatorland Toyota for their delivery process. First rate.

Suggested Improvements

Shorten shifter lenght, use a higher profil tire, improve the low volume bass reponse in the raidio (add a subwoofer), redesign radio/cd increase volume of "beeps" for locking door and other functions. Least favorite feature - missing transmission dipstick.