Used 2012 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

what a car
By AE

2012 Toyota Venza LE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

just awesome

I love it
By Jacob S.

2012 Toyota Venza LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Venza in August 2012 and have loved it overall. I'm 6'3 and I can comfortably sit in the front and rear seats with exceptional head room. I also drive with co-workers on a daily basis and they say the rear seats are beyond comfortable. It is a great road trip vehicle, except for the iffy fuel economy. The only issues I find in this vehicle would be the sluggish acceleration and MPG. I have never needed anything serviced, except for regular maintenance. I'd strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone who has children, as it's a very safe and comfortable family vehicle.

Love my toyota
By Kitty wright

2012 Toyota Venza LE 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have always wanted a beautiful car, and wow I hate going home. I could drive it all day

New to me, happy so far
By aguy8910

2012 Toyota Venza LE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a used 2012 Venza (3.5l, AWD) and am very happy with it so far. I am wagon fan and had a hard time finding a suitable replacement for you 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. I've had many Subarus, but really did not feel like going down that road again and was very happy with what the Venza had to offer. The car is very solid, powerful and comfortable. The only issue I have so far is that my favorite coffee cup doesn't sit well in the oddly shaped cup holders... Also, the MPG isn't great, but I knew that when opting for the more powerful V6 version.

What were they thinking???
By jpf22467

2012 Toyota Venza Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First off, I do like the car. It does what it is supposed to do. It drives nice, has good pickup, gets good MPG for a crossover (mostly highway driving and averaging 26).

A few things that drive me crazy.

The Navigation system is a mess. Too many things are cut off while the car is moving. Can no add a phone, can not modify contacts just off the top of my head. The screen will not stay on the audio screen. When I listen to music, I want to see the audio screen, but it only stays up for about 10 seconds, then defaults back to the map. The screen is positioned in a horrible angle. It catches the sun and makes it very difficult to read the screen

I like the pickup, very surprising for a crossover I like the MPG. not bad for a 6 cyl It looks sporty for a station-wagon Handles nice (compared to my MDX and my Jeep Wrangler)

Do not offer NAV with Sunroof. Very dangerous because of the angle.Sun seems to reflect back at the driver. Change out the entire NAV unit, not user friendly (Example, try to increase or decrease the map while driving). I have an MDX, it has a dial to make many changes. Very simple, very efficient Two charger ports/Cig lighters. Both in poor locations Steering seems very light. When accelerating into highway traffic, the car seems to float and drift. It just seems loose. Rear liftgate very inconsistent. Sometimes, I press the button many times before it will work. Opens very slow. closes even slower (takes about 10 sec) Soft breaking