Very pleasantly surprised
By sberdoc on
2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I was going to go with either a VW Tiguan or Ford Edge or the Venza. VW had to deliver, taking 3 months (salesman originally said 4-6 weeks), Edge was over priced and interior not as nice. Drives well, great driving position and comfy seats. Handles nice, 6 cyl has great pick up from standing and passing. Cons: no power mirror turn in (have to roll down window to turn in mirror), no seat memory for a limited trim line, cups in holders make getting to climate control difficult. Some minor fit issues with interior. Touch screen is not flush with console so I have to bend in my long finger to tound an icon at bottom of screen. Fuel econonomy so so, I have only been getting 24 on highway.
Favorite Features
Great pick up, nice drive, nice looks. Tons of interior storage. Very roomy, has nice luxurious feel to seats.
Suggested Improvements
Bluetooth is a bit wonky with my Droid X, have to manually input my contacts. Make touch screen flush with console like in my wife's Toyota Sienna. Rear seats require manually returning them to Up position after laying flat.
By pwoolever
on 05/03/11 10:12 AM (PDT)

I have a Droid X and learned that you don't have to manually input contacts. When the Nav Screen gives some kind of a message about looking for contacts you must give it permission from your Droid X screen by brushing your finger down from the very top of the screen where the notifications are. Then you'll see that your Droid is asking you if you want to share your contacts and once you agree then your Droid X contacts will sync with the Nav system and load your contacts. Found this on a discussion board and it works.