Love Venza, but not gas mileage
By vicki7 on
2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
After much searching we loved the Venza for comfort and roominess. With back and hip problems it's easy to get in and out of. The only design I would change is to bring the windows down another 2 inches. From inside going to drive-up windows, you have to raise your arm somewhat high and try to reach over and down to grab items. Also, the armrest could be a couple inches higher. Very disappointed in the gas mileage! Have had it a month and get just 16 MPG around town! I was use to a V6 Buick. FWD, that got 26 MPG, so this is a big disappointment. It doesn't even reach the gas rating suggested on it's sticker. We don't drive lead foot either.
Favorite Features
The get up and go on this vehicle with the V6 is amazing. Plenty of power. Climbs hills without bogging down and handles beautifully. I feel like I'm driving a car with the practicality an SUV provides. Very happy with the comfort of getting easily in and out of this vehicle as well. Having back problems this was an important feature for me. Our 4 yr old grandson lives with us and I find putting him in the back seat with his booster is easy.
Suggested Improvements
Having driven many V6's with much better gas mileage, I like to think Toyota could do something to improve this very low gas mileage the Venza gets. As mentioned, I would also like to see them lower the bottom of the windows. Getting items out of a bank window, food drive-ups, etc. is rather difficult with the windows being so high up. Although the car is comfy inside, placing the armrests a bit higher would add more comfort as well for passengers to use.